Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Default [NEWS] ICS Source Code Released!

Google just released the source code to Ice Cream Sandwich

http://www.androidcentral.com/ice-cr...ed-git-servers

No sleep for me!
    Thanked by 6:
    kcls, demoport and Ronin Wolf like this.

ROM
    KeyLimePie alpha6.0.1

Default Re: [NEWS] ICS Source Code Released!

Based on your Expert Opinion- When can we expect to see ROMs available for our OV? Tomorrow? Next Week? of Next Month?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Well, at the moment, I can't even download the source, the servers are of course swamped.

Even source.android.com is down atm. Once I get a look at the device configuration files for the nexus, I'll have a clearer idea of what we are looking at.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

the repo will probably be choked with downloaders for days
    should be, um, challenging, to get a usable build for the ov out of the aosp build system.
    not that i'm a building expert, but all I've gotten to run from aosp lately is generic_armv5 (you can get to it with choosecombo or add a lunch product like generic_armv5-eng)
    anything else I've tried so far produces unexecutable (on the ov, anyway) binaries.
    maybe someone else will pin down a buildable device folder before I do... i'm currently trying to meld blarf's device_ and vendor_lge_thunderc with the generic_armv5 makefiles to produce something that'll run.
    regardless of who does it first, hopefully they share so everyone can join in the fun.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I've got such a good IHO ROM on my phone right now, unless ICS can sing and dance, I'll just stick with it. At least until ICS can dance anyway.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT HAD A HAND IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE IHO ROMs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 11-14-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Fix typos and add thanks

I will donate when the build comes out for my V for sure!
    SAMLOKA

out of curiosity, jerry..and answer to your best of knowledge..but do you think ICS needs a powerful phone to run? in this case we have the OV...do you think itll be too much resource hungry for it ?
    Recordist

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

Sounds like a good reason to pick up a $49 black friday Optimus V. Official ICS beta ROM handset!

Sent via VM670

Google has said ics can run on anything that can run gb.
    Thanked by:
    notown 

More then willing to be an alpha/beta tester. I know nothing of building and trouble shooting ROMs but i am too broke to donate support.
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

This is great! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    Google has said ics can run on anything that can run gb.
    They say that it can run on anything that can run gingerbread. But, they are not even updating their own nexus one to ICS.
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Google just released the source code to Ice Cream Sandwich

http://www.androidcentral.com/ice-cr...ed-git-servers

No sleep for me!
    This is exciting.

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by bkwright87 View Post
    They say that it can run on anything that can run gingerbread. But, they are not even updating their own nexus one to ICS.
    Because getting it to run on a different phone is limited by the amount of people-effort, not hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    Because getting it to run on a different phone is limited by the amount of people-effort, not hardware.
    It's ok, because the fine people with cyanogenmod with help with that problem ;-)

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts
    ROM
    modified BACKside

I can't wait until both the tablet I want to get and my phone can run the same Android OS!

Quote Originally Posted by bkwright87 View Post
    i think its becuase the Nexus One has a first gen snapdragon with only a Adreno 200 GPU.

if google themselves wont make it work, they probably have a very good reason.

my guess would be ICS is much more GPU reliant for the interface and UI and the adreno 200 doesnt have the guts needed.

IF for some reason this is true, it would mean the Optimus series would have a hard time running it as well. as it shares that gpu. and a weaker cpu.

time will tell, I hope that isnt the case, but clearly the Nexus One is not capable of running ICS in the way google intended or google would update it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jdcnosse View Post
    I can't wait until both the tablet I want to get and my phone can run the same Android OS!
    would it be overkill to have ICS ported to x86 and installed on a laptop or desktop as well?

hahaha

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts
    ROM
    modified BACKside

Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    would it be overkill to have ICS ported to x86 and installed on a laptop or desktop as well?

hahaha
    nahh

But good luck with that. They're stable version is only at 2.2. They do have a 2.3 RC1 now, but I'd want at least Honeycomb or ICS if it was on anything larger than a phone...

ROM
    IHO CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post

hahaha
    ICS is supposed to be x86 native capable. At least that's why I heard Intel has been drooling over the release.

~Azrael's Kiss~

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Will you look at that system requirements for compiling Ice Cream Sandwich? I doubt we'll get as many frequent releases for it as we did with Gingerbread.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Don't believe the requirements, I've talked to people who have built Android on extremely subpar systems, just takes a lot longer to compile.

Aww man...if you guys nailed GINGERBREAD ....SUPER STOKED!! Im staying tuned in.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

so do we know what kind of upgrades ICS presents over Gingerbread? is there a site that has this kind of detail?

edit: nvm, found it: http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...to-know-954464
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Doesn't seem to really be any stand-out features that make me feel the need to upgrade. I will anyway if a ROM becomes available though, just for fun, lol.

I'd like to see something akin to the WP7 camera on Android. Love that there is basically no waiting when you need to snap a quick photo.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast