1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] Can I install/flash an Optimus S ROM to my Optimus V?

Since their both pretty much the same phone, would I be able to flash an Optimus S ROM to my LG Optimus V and would it work? Or brick or make features unusable and unstable?

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
    "Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

Default Re: [Q] Can I install/flash an Optimus S ROM to my Optimus V?

yeah... dont do it.

it will change/break some stuff.

stick to V roms if possible.

i wouldnt recommend doing that man, it can brick your phone or will loose 3g ... dont do it son! lol

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Not recommended, but some work, some do. I boot optimus s roms often. Just no 3g, amd it's always trying to do PRL update. Use at your own risk. :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousNoob View Post
    Not recommended, but some work, some do. I boot optimus s roms often. Just no 3g, amd it's always trying to do PRL update. Use at your own risk. :P

Well I've already done a PRL update to Sprint PRL# 61677, and I did that after flashing back to my stock Virgin Mobile Android 2.2 ROM and then flashed back to IHO BACKside and the PRL stuck, it wasn't erased after going back. So what if I flashed to an Optimus S ROM that does work on the V except for the 3G, but since I've already updated my PRL and it didn't get overwritten when flashing back to BACKside, would the PRL stick if I flashed to an Optimus S ROM and prevent the constant searching/attempts of updating the PRL and searching for 3G?

I think its a good theory

Banned

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cotylee1991 View Post
    Well I've already done a PRL update to Sprint PRL# 61677, and I did that after flashing back to my stock Virgin Mobile Android 2.2 ROM and then flashed back to IHO BACKside and the PRL stuck, it wasn't erased after going back. So what if I flashed to an Optimus S ROM that does work on the V except for the 3G, but since I've already updated my PRL and it didn't get overwritten when flashing back to BACKside, would the PRL stick if I flashed to an Optimus S ROM and prevent the constant searching/attempts of updating the PRL and searching for 3G?

I think its a good theory

Your data wont work due to the radio or something like that... I don't know if it depends on your optimus v too with the screen differences. I had once got 3g working on a sprint rom on my V. You can give it a try, just note ur responsible. :L

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: [Q] Can I install/flash an Optimus S ROM to my Optimus V?

It can be done, semi-safely.
    Do not flash the radio update, and if you do flash an OS rom, 3g will not work and your keys will be swapped. Some is easily fixable, some isn't, and when you go back, you will have to activate to get 3g working again.

So bottom line, yes, you can do it without bricking your phone, but it won't work right. We have plenty of good OV roms to pick from. Even the outdated ones work well.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Banned

ROM

I had 3g working on sRom for a day or 2, but it died out...

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    It can be done, semi-safely.
    Do not flash the radio update, and if you do flash an OS rom, 3g will not work and your keys will be swapped. Some is easily fixable, some isn't, and when you go back, you will have to activate to get 3g working again.

So bottom line, yes, you can do it without bricking your phone, but it won't work right. We have plenty of good OV roms to pick from. Even the outdated ones work well.
    Well is there a website with a list of alot of OV ROMs that I can download? I use ROM Manager Premium but there's only 2 sections of ROMS (Inferior Human Organs and ). I know there's OV ROMS on AndroidCentral, XDA, and others, but it seems like there's so much to do if I download an OV ROM from AndroidCentral or XDA. For instance, the Harmonia ROM for OV is in the OV ROMS hacks tweaks and more section here on AndroidCentral, but if I recall, there are so many steps to get it to work. Not just a simple easy download, flash, and done method. So is there an app in the market that has OV ROMS to download, or a website?

Banned

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cotylee1991 View Post
    Well is there a website with a list of alot of OV ROMs that I can download? I use ROM Manager Premium but there's only 2 sections of ROMS (Inferior Human Organs and ). I know there's OV ROMS on AndroidCentral, XDA, and others, but it seems like there's so much to do if I download an OV ROM from AndroidCentral or XDA. For instance, the Harmonia ROM for OV is in the OV ROMS hacks tweaks and more section here on AndroidCentral, but if I recall, there are so many steps to get it to work. Not just a simple easy download, flash, and done method. So is there an app in the market that has OV ROMS to download, or a website?

Something like this?

optimusv.wikispaces.com/List+of+currently+known+ROMs+and+Recoveries

Some are outdated....