Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: **LG Optimus V 2.2.2 Root, Recovery, Rom, + Bonus Tutorial**

is it "normal" for the USB Modem option to FAIL?! (while installing drivers)
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Leandroide View Post
    is it "normal" for the USB Modem option to FAIL?! (while installing drivers)
    I have no idea... anyone else have an idea?

Sent via the Postal Service
    Thanked by:

Well, if I ever need it I'll ask.

Thanks again!

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

What OS are you on?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    What OS are you on?

weeelll...it said 2.2.2.

The phone has frozen three times now. On the last one I had to remove the battery

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

No, no, sorry. What I meant was, what OS are you attempting to install the drivers in?

Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

windows7?... xpxpro?... vista?... 32 bit?... 64 bit?...

Is this thread still alive ?

The Link to gingerbreak is fail for now.

I apologize for my noobishness, what's adb?
    also I have a stock ov v5 2.2.2
    thinking of using gingerbreak, but I found gingersnap, which involves a pc. (still debating)

I want the hotspot widget to work. Is rooting enough or do I have to install a custom rom?

(I've read about some who have had issues with lg drivers, screen issues (hitachi/novatek), home button not working....) So the minimum to get a hotspot would be nice

Thanks all

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLazy View Post

thinking of using gingerbreak, but I found gingersnap, which involves a pc. (still debating)

I want the hotspot widget to work. Is rooting enough or do I have to install a custom rom?

(I've read about some who have had issues with lg drivers, screen issues (hitachi/novatek), home button not working....) So the minimum to get a hotspot would be nice

Thanks all
    Read the stickies son, they're biblical in breadth and content, plus they're step-by-step.

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLazy View Post

Thanks all
    Try this link for ginger break. [App]GingerBreak APK Scroll down to bottom of first post and download v1.20 and it will work fine on your phone

ADB = "Android Debug Bridge (ADB) comes bundled with the Android SDK. It is a command-line tool used to communicate with and control the device over a USB link from a computer. The tool comes bundled with the Android SDK and is commonly used for diagnosing problems with the device. Once you have ADB installed, you can use ADB to copy files to and from the device's internal memory, install apps, run commands, see logs and more."

There are tethering apps available that only need root access so you can just root your phone to use tethering. Gingerbreak will easily get you rooted.
    Thanked by:

L\I'm using Win7.

Sorry for the delay but I wasn't home. And the damn phone keeps on freezing.
    I'm to the point of looking a way to bringing it back to "normal", it is really annoying, plus. (excuse my ignorance) I haven't found the benefit of rooting it

I've tried the Over Clocking, Compcache and JIT. And the only difference I saw was the browser acting like crazy, and the market force closing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    No, no, sorry. What I meant was, what OS are you attempting to install the drivers in?

Last edited by Leandroide; 03-28-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Double posted

Antbody?!

Quote Originally Posted by kwknott View Post
    Try this link for ginger break. [App]GingerBreak APK Scroll down to bottom of first post and download v1.20 and it will work fine on your phone

ADB = "Android Debug Bridge (ADB) comes bundled with the Android SDK. It is a command-line tool used to communicate with and control the device over a USB link from a computer. The tool comes bundled with the Android SDK and is commonly used for diagnosing problems with the device. Once you have ADB installed, you can use ADB to copy files to and from the device's internal memory, install apps, run commands, see logs and more."

There are tethering apps available that only need root access so you can just root your phone to use tethering. Gingerbreak will easily get you rooted.
    Hey thanks again.

I figured it out thanks to stickies, but there was an initial reboot I had to do from the stock recovery (after that the recovery boot [pwr +vol up+ home] loaded cm7) which I didn't see in the tutorial.

I think I'm running green machine rom with an ics theme (not motivated to download ics rom but looked cool).

And I have my tether. My next question is there a way to get the best 3g out of the phone? And is v mobile really throttling people after 2gb or is it just new accounts perhaps?

Thanks you guys are awesome. PS I'm having trouble finding flash support. Could I already have it and not know?) lol doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420 View Post
    First: UNINSTALL ROM MANAGER

Here's a link to a program called flash image gui. FlashImageGUI.apk Download and install it on your phone.

Here's a link to a recovery that will support the Hitachi screen: VM670NH_recovery.img

Here's how to install the new recovery:
    4. Download and copy the recovery image (works with new & old OV screens) onto your the root directory of your sdcard.
    5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager) Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with and direct it to the image file saved on your SD card

Thanks so much. Real life saver!

Quote Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420 View Post
    First: UNINSTALL ROM MANAGER

Here's a link to a program called flash image gui. FlashImageGUI.apk Download and install it on your phone.

Here's a link to a recovery that will support the Hitachi screen: VM670NH_recovery.img

Here's how to install the new recovery:
    4. Download and copy the recovery image (works with new & old OV screens) onto your the root directory of your sdcard.
    5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager) Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with and direct it to the image file saved on your SD card
    I can't run flash image gui because i am not rooted. But I want to flash the recovery image so I can use gingerbreak and not be afraid of bliacking my screen

Can someone please help me with my optimus v 2.2.2. trying to put the works on it. Tried the links, no success. jmswss777@gmail.com

ROM
    VeganTAB, AreaRom

my computer no longer detects its plugged into usb, and i ge tno prompt to mount usb storage.
    Viewsonic GTab (JB Alpha)
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus Slider (Arearom)
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

uninstall/reinstall drivers on pc?... rewipe/format/flash rom?...

The BACKside link doesn't seem to work. I keep trying to download it but it freezes at (as ironic as it sounds) 66.6mb
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by DanEx_Senri View Post
    The BACKside link doesn't seem to work. I keep trying to download it but it freezes at (as ironic as it sounds) 66.6mb
    It works, but it is also a couple mouths older then the last update Jerry posted.

This got my VM670 (LG Optimus V), Android 2.2.2, Novatek screen, ZV9.479A6632 rooted...
    Gordita Root: Optimus V exploit March 24th 2012 - xda-developers

many thanks to jcase

This was a massive help in installing custom firmware to my phone. Thanks!

What are stickies?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by tarheeldude32 View Post
    What are stickies?
    They are the posts at the top of the forum that the moderators think everyone should read. They are insanely useful, and I recommend anyone who wants to mod their phone read them thoroughly.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345