**LG Optimus V 2.2.2 Root, Recovery, Rom, + Bonus Tutorial**

CrazyLazy

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Is this thread still alive ?

The Link to gingerbreak is fail for now.

I apologize for my noobishness, what's adb?
also I have a stock ov v5 2.2.2
thinking of using gingerbreak, but I found gingersnap, which involves a pc. (still debating)

I want the hotspot widget to work. Is rooting enough or do I have to install a custom rom?

(I've read about some who have had issues with lg drivers, screen issues (hitachi/novatek), home button not working....) So the minimum to get a hotspot would be nice :D

Thanks all

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

thinking of using gingerbreak, but I found gingersnap, which involves a pc. (still debating)

I want the hotspot widget to work. Is rooting enough or do I have to install a custom rom?

(I've read about some who have had issues with lg drivers, screen issues (hitachi/novatek), home button not working....) So the minimum to get a hotspot would be nice :D

Thanks all

Read the stickies son, they're biblical in breadth and content, plus they're step-by-step.

This space intentionally left blank.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all

Try this link for ginger break. [App]GingerBreak APK Scroll down to bottom of first post and download v1.20 and it will work fine on your phone

ADB = "Android Debug Bridge (ADB) comes bundled with the Android SDK. It is a command-line tool used to communicate with and control the device over a USB link from a computer. The tool comes bundled with the Android SDK and is commonly used for diagnosing problems with the device. Once you have ADB installed, you can use ADB to copy files to and from the device's internal memory, install apps, run commands, see logs and more."

There are tethering apps available that only need root access so you can just root your phone to use tethering. Gingerbreak will easily get you rooted.

Reactions: CrazyLazy

Leandroide

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
L\I'm using Win7.

Sorry for the delay but I wasn't home. And the damn phone keeps on freezing.
I'm to the point of looking a way to bringing it back to "normal", it is really annoying, plus. (excuse my ignorance) I haven't found the benefit of rooting it :confused:

I've tried the Over Clocking, Compcache and JIT. And the only difference I saw was the browser acting like crazy, and the market force closing :mad:

Thanks

CrazyLazy

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Try this link for ginger break. [App]GingerBreak APK Scroll down to bottom of first post and download v1.20 and it will work fine on your phone

ADB = "Android Debug Bridge (ADB) comes bundled with the Android SDK. It is a command-line tool used to communicate with and control the device over a USB link from a computer. The tool comes bundled with the Android SDK and is commonly used for diagnosing problems with the device. Once you have ADB installed, you can use ADB to copy files to and from the device's internal memory, install apps, run commands, see logs and more."

There are tethering apps available that only need root access so you can just root your phone to use tethering. Gingerbreak will easily get you rooted.

Hey thanks again.

I figured it out thanks to stickies, but there was an initial reboot I had to do from the stock recovery (after that the recovery boot [pwr +vol up+ home] loaded cm7) which I didn't see in the tutorial.

I think I'm running green machine rom with an ics theme (not motivated to download ics rom but looked cool).

And I have my tether. My next question is there a way to get the best 3g out of the phone? And is v mobile really throttling people after 2gb or is it just new accounts perhaps?

Thanks you guys are awesome. PS I'm having trouble finding flash support. Could I already have it and not know?) lol doubt it...

Marinester

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
First: UNINSTALL ROM MANAGER

Here's a link to a program called flash image gui. FlashImageGUI.apk Download and install it on your phone.

Here's a link to a recovery that will support the Hitachi screen: VM670NH_recovery.img

Here's how to install the new recovery:
4. Download and copy the recovery image (works with new & old OV screens) onto your the root directory of your sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager) Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with and direct it to the image file saved on your SD card

Thanks so much. Real life saver! :)

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
First: UNINSTALL ROM MANAGER

Here's a link to a program called flash image gui. FlashImageGUI.apk Download and install it on your phone.

Here's a link to a recovery that will support the Hitachi screen: VM670NH_recovery.img

Here's how to install the new recovery:
4. Download and copy the recovery image (works with new & old OV screens) onto your the root directory of your sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager) Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with and direct it to the image file saved on your SD card

I can't run flash image gui because i am not rooted. But I want to flash the recovery image so I can use gingerbreak and not be afraid of bliacking my screen