Selling my OV and need to flash stock rom.

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my OV and I want to flash it back to stock for the other person. My Q. is does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 100% stock OV rom? All the links here seem to be broken.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
And you need the activate app on it so the person you sell it to can, well, activate it :). Gingerbread can't run the activate app, only froyo ROMs.

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't keep any of the stuff I have, because I'm going "away" for a few years. My 50" plasma TV, Dolby Surround-Sound BluRay/DVD player, Optimus V, Jeep Cherokee, etc. But to keep it short... The guy who is taking my OV wants it "Factory Stock" or no deal.

So, how 'bout it any links to a 100% Factory stock OV rom?

Edit: Just a thought but... Could I just flash a semi-stock OV rom any do the VM software update in settings? Or would that eff up the whole works?

Last edited:

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyway... Any thoughts on my idea? You know, do a less than stock flash then do the system up through settings? Nobody's given a yea or nay on that. I only have a week before I go "away". The judge may give me 3 years but maybe less if I'm lucky. However I will have to go "away" and this guy want ciento porciento (thats 100% in spanish for those who don't already know) factory stock. He's willing to pay $75, but it has to be stock for some reason.

Please Help?
I'm losing my freedom, please-oh-please don't make me lose my money too.

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
As long as it's the right "model." (ie if he's got a newer-screen one, then the old-screen backup won't work correctly and vice versa)

Otherwise it should work.

How could tell which is the one they have? Cuz the only weird thing I've ever noticed is that with the stock rom I had a higher resolution/density and the icons in the status bar were the same size. Stock = 480x800 ---- Custom = 320x480

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
How could tell which is the one they have? Cuz the only weird thing I've ever noticed is that with the stock rom I had a higher resolution/density and the icons in the status bar were the same size. Stock = 480x800 ---- Custom = 320x480

Well if I recall, basically all the new-screen OVs also have Android 2.2.2, while the old ones had 2.2.1. But short of flashing the backup you can't really tell modded new OVs from modded old OVs

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well I found and flashed a mostly stock rom, and when I go to settings it says that an update is available.

Can anyone weigh in on whether or not I'll eff my OV if I do the update? I've read in here tbat you should never do the vm updates after rooting, but none of the posts say why. Will it just unroot the phone or brick it?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well I found and flashed a mostly stock rom, and when I go to settings it says that an update is available.

Can anyone weigh in on whether or not I'll eff my OV if I do the update? I've read in here tbat you should never do the vm updates after rooting, but none of the posts say why. Will it just unroot the phone or brick it?

IIRC, the phone might say there's an update, but it won't update. Something about VM not having capabilities (which might be a lie) and the fact that the update file from LG was borked so it doesn't work.

But either one could happen. I would suspect that it would unroot the phone however. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12