Possible to acquire the KERNEL from BACKside IHO?

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to try the stock ROM, but running on the IHO 1122 kernel... Basically so I can mess with stock but still be able to overclock.
Anyone know where I can download it?
And how exactly do I flash a kernel, I've only flashed ROMs before.
This kernel should be the one that supports both the new and old OV screens.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Why even waste time with such a silly endeavor and use Harmonia instead? It pretty much is what stock should have been. You can use No-frills CPU control or Setcpu to O/C.

The IHO kernel is built for Gingerbread, the stock version is Froyo. I'm not sure it would even work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Why even waste time with such a silly endeavor and use Harmonia instead? It pretty much is what stock should have been.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Why use Harmonia when stock has less bugs and looks the same? Haha. It could go either way.
I'll take the harmonia kernel, I just want stock with OCing abilities.

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't find where to download...as dumb as that may sound. I clicked on the zImage and then hit zip on the top left. That's all I found so far. When I downloaded it and tried to flash it using flash img gui, it said the zip was invalid and the kernel was missing? Strange

redhat#AC

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
the boot.img needs to be packaged properly and signed so you can flash it, also you will need to wipe boot, data, cache and dalvik cache. and hopfully everything works like it should. but it wont cuz the iho kernal was made for 2.3.X and your trying to install it to 2.2.x.
if it does your f-ing lucky! and i wanna try!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
with iho running,
Code:
dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
mkdir /sdcard/modules
cp /system/lib/modules/* /sdcard/modules
don't forget the kernel modules, they have to match the kernel.
also, the whole boot.img from iho won't work right with stock, the ramdisk is wrong for it and will break things like rotation.
the only reasonably current kernel that works with froyo AND gingerbread is drewwalton's xionia redux in the sprint section, and it may cause small issues because of sprint/vm firmware differences.

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Why use Harmonia when stock has less bugs and looks the same? Haha. It could go either way.
I'll take the harmonia kernel, I just want stock with OCing abilities.

Harmonia kernel was built on the official LG sources, as is obijohn's Bumblebee kernel. Both give you overclocking and are built for Froyo.