Not able to flash MiRaGe ROM , please help

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the new release of MiRaGe ROM (12/01/2011) via ROM Manager Premium, when I go to Install zip from sdcard in Xionia recovery, it says it installs the mirage ROM, but when I reboot, it sticks on the LG splash screen and wont boot. I tried flashing ClockworkMod recovery and then reinstalling the mirage ROM I downloaded, still didn't work. Would IHO Recovery let me install this new version/release of MiRaGe from 12/01/2011?

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
"Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Could depend on your Optimus. Also, not recommended to use clockworkmod. Most people brick their phones with it. Download it from the wiki(github), and try again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is true or not but I've seen postings that you should not download ROMs through ROM Manager. I think it messes the ROM up, not sure. If you're going to be downloading any of the IHO roms, download them from:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

I've had 100% installs through here, no issues.

As for recovery, I've been using what they have been providing here:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery

Again, no issues for me.

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is true or not but I've seen postings that you should not download ROMs through ROM Manager. I think it messes the ROM up, not sure. If you're going to be downloading any of the IHO roms, download them from:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

I've had 100% installs through here, no issues.

As for recovery, I've been using what they have been providing here:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery

Again, no issues for me.

I went to the github, clicked on mrg666, which is the Dec. 1st release of MiRaGe, and it takes me to XDA to an IHO unofficial CM 7.1 page thread, I didn't see the download for the MiRaGe ROM.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to the github, clicked on mrg666, which is the Dec. 1st release of MiRaGe, and it takes me to XDA to an IHO unofficial CM 7.1 page thread, I didn't see the download for the MiRaGe ROM.

You click on the date of the ROM to download. Should take you to a mediafire website.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the new release of MiRaGe ROM (12/01/2011) via ROM Manager Premium, when I go to Install zip from sdcard in Xionia recovery, it says it installs the mirage ROM, but when I reboot, it sticks on the LG splash screen and wont boot. I tried flashing ClockworkMod recovery and then reinstalling the mirage ROM I downloaded, still didn't work. Would IHO Recovery let me install this new version/release of MiRaGe from 12/01/2011?

Maybe its time to send a cease and desist letter kouch to get the iho roms off of rom manager

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, none of the IHO developers have uploaded any IHO ROMs to ROM Manager.

Therefore you shouldn't download any IHO ROMs from ROM Manager, as we have no idea who's putting them there and so we don't know if they've been modded in anyway.

The mediafire link that CuriousNoob posted should go to his 12/01/11 build

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, none of the IHO developers have uploaded any IHO ROMs to ROM Manager.

Therefore you shouldn't download any IHO ROMs from ROM Manager, as we have no idea who's putting them there and so we don't know if they've been modded in anyway.

The mediafire link that CuriousNoob posted should go to his 12/01/11 build

Thank you everyone for the support. And yes, I have not uploaded the ROM to the ROM Manager and I can only help with installation of the ROM downloaded from the link in the Wiki via recovery.

I will add a note to the Wiki about this.

I don't think Koush has anything to do with the addition of IHO ROMs to ROM Manager. AFAIK, those ROMs can be added by others to the ROM Manager.

Cotylee, try the CWM 3.2.0.1 (latest CWM recovery for OV) recovery and follow the installation instructions in the Wiki. In case you have an OV with one of the new screens, you can use the recovery BobZhome had built (alternative recoveries, last item on the IHO recovery page). Also, download the ROM from the IHO Wiki link and compare the MD5sum given there. I would start from a clean wipe (data, system, cache, boot). Do the wipe 2-3 times.

Glenar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you check the md5 checksum. For me my checksum wasn't correct and it just got stuck on the lg logo. Got a good download and all is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol