Video recording/playback issues IHO Backside

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I took a video earlier on the stock camera/camcorder app that comes on the IHO Backside ROM. (gingerbread i think) When i went to play it back there was no sound, just a low volume high pitch squeal.

is this a know issue? ill try playback on the computer and see if its something limited to playback on the phone itself or if its from the recording process.

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, when you click around on the bar that lets you fast forward whetever, the speaker pops every time a fram skips, also when entering/exiting the video playback...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I took a video earlier on the stock camera/camcorder app that comes on the IHO Backside ROM. (gingerbread i think) When i went to play it back there was no sound, just a low volume high pitch squeal.

is this a know issue? ill try playback on the computer and see if its something limited to playback on the phone itself or if its from the recording process.

my OV used to record videos really funky, I think I recall the Camera App being buggy in IHO roms.

specifically, it recorded in 3GP instead of MP4, but maybe im wrong.

anyways, yeah, mine did the same thing, but only once in awhile, not on every video I took.

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
well theres a 3gp video on there but that was recorded through the GOSMS app. The other two that i took that arent working are M4V fies.... the video works on the phone but on MY mac they play in itunes by default and the video is black and the sound acts the same, even pops when i slide around the skip bar... Any way to change the file format the videos are recorded in? or shouldi just get some other video capturing app

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried using some different capture apps last night... all of them were garbage. I rebooted the phone and they worked. still see this as. some sort of bug that could really be a pain in the @$$

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
tell me about it... my triumph does 720p video, which was one of the main reasons for buying it, and now I find that it cant get over 10-15 frames per second while recording...

id settle for 24, id be able to work with that in editors, but 10 to 15 is too low to do anything with, sure still frames look good and clear, but motion is all blur.

in short, i feel your pain about video not working correctly.

on a related note, I've been using HDR camera app and it takes GREAT pictures, it ups the vibrance of colors and doesnt "over do" the HDR effect. i just it rather than the normal camera app for everything now.

different apps dont help, roms dont help. its just the way it is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463