ROM freezing after a month or 2

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Mirage's ROM I believe from last month or so. Was extremely pleased with it overall, everything just worked. Now I keep getting freezing every few minutes, and it locks up until that program closes. Will an update fix this? There a way to update without formatting everything cause I don't want to lose my messages apps or settings, everything is JUST the way I want it, besides the freezing

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Mirage's ROM I believe from last month or so. Was extremely pleased with it overall, everything just worked. Now I keep getting freezing every few minutes, and it locks up until that program closes. Will an update fix this? There a way to update without formatting everything cause I don't want to lose my messages apps or settings, everything is JUST the way I want it, besides the freezing

You can download and flash the latest mirage ROM without wiping data. Personally I do wipe everything when I update, except the data partition (and sdcard, of course), that still keeps my apps and settings.

That said, if your phone worked fine before, I'd think it is more likely some app or setting that's now messing it up, not the ROM - in which case a full wipe may be the best cure.

Update: I'm on mirage too, 12/01 build. It's an excellent ROM, very stable.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Last edited:

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
You can download and flash the latest mirage ROM without wiping data. Personally I do wipe everything when I update, except the data partition (and sdcard, of course), that still keeps my apps and settings.

That said, if your phone worked fine before, I'd think it is more likely some app or setting that's now messing it up, not the ROM - in which case a full wipe may be the best cure.

Update: I'm on mirage too, 12/01 build. It's an excellent ROM, very stable.

Screw it I'll just go ahead and wipe everything -.-' I got nothin to do later anyway lol.
Any issues with GPS or MMS or anything else?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Screw it I'll just go ahead and wipe everything -.-' I got nothin to do later anyway lol.
Any issues with GPS or MMS or anything else?

Seriously, no, l have zero issues with this ROM. I believe mrg666 has an update coming this weekend though. You may want to wait for that.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I would just wipe cache and dalvik cache in the recovery and reboot without flashing anything. Also, using a root file explorer, delete all of the files in /data/system/dropbox; there will be hundreds of small files in there. ES File explorer can select all of them at once and delete them at one step instead of going one by one. These should clear possible problems.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I would just wipe cache and dalvik cache in the recovery and reboot without flashing anything. Also, using a root file explorer, delete all of the files in /data/system/dropbox; there will be hundreds of small files in there. ES File explorer can select all of them at once and delete them at one step instead of going one by one. These should clear possible problems.

Is it a good idea to clean those files up from time to time, or only if you are experiencing problems?

Sent via VM670

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I would leave them alone as long as you don't have problems.

A dev is probably not the best person to ask that.
When was the last time you left your phone alone for more than two weeks? :p

I think mine was left alone for the first two weeks after I bought it and maybe once or twice since, but I don't think I have ever managed a month. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca