Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthonycr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Think I BRICKED my phone! ADB Help please

I am very new to ADB, and think while trying to recover my OV bricked it with ADB.

I used Rom Manager to flash a IHO rom. I know, shouldn't have done that. I tried to restore the phone using this thread here. When I tried to run the mount command, I would get an error. so I tried without the mount commands and now I can't even get into a shell. It says "-exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)"

I know I'm a dumbass, so make fun of me as much as you can, but can I restore this phone?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Think I BRICKED my phone! ADB Help please

ADB devices shows the phone in recovery, but I cannot push, pull, or get into a shell.

/Ho Ho Ho
    Last edited by dssdevl; 12-25-2011 at 11:13 PM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Wish I could help but I'm adb illiterate. Question tho. If you can get into recovery why not flash a new Rom from there?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Wish I could help but I'm adb illiterate. Question tho. If you can get into recovery why not flash a new Rom from there?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Because when I boot the phone, the screen is blank. I've tried to use Android Screencast but it won't work.

Adb states the device as in recovery?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes, ADB devices command returns the serial number with "recovery" next to it
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I decided after many hours now to just replace the phone. My 150 buck mistake of not reading before jumping.

But, if anyone has any ideas, please share for the next guy.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Advice to the next bricker: hindsight is 20/20, flash a recovery first, backup the whole freakin thing second (in recovery), flash you rom last (from recovery). I don't know much about adb, but I've never had to use it
    watskyhotsky likes this.

i made a back up through cwm, i was trying to cook something up, well i think i screwed up on the updater script. no OS on my phone. i have adb downloaded, but i have no clue how to use it lol... but shouldnt there be a way i can get into CWM still since its still on my phone. when i turn it on it gets stuck at the lg logo. BTW i have a optimus m +. i was trying to help these guys out cuz we have no roms... (Note to self, dont flash if no one else is flashing)...

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by kycowboy1990 View Post
    i made a back up through cwm, i was trying to cook something up, well i think i screwed up on the updater script. no OS on my phone. i have adb downloaded, but i have no clue how to use it lol... but shouldnt there be a way i can get into CWM still since its still on my phone. when i turn it on it gets stuck at the lg logo. BTW i have a optimus m +. i was trying to help these guys out cuz we have no roms... (Note to self, dont flash if no one else is flashing)...
    You should ask for help in the m section of the forums. The v and m are similar but not the same and different methods are used for unbricking

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2