Optimus V with Clockword Mod 5.0.2.7

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My LG Optimus V hasn't been working since I put ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7. The side buttons and the camera and voice button only let me go up and down and does not let me make a selection on the menu. I looked everywhere online and I can't find a solution. Any help please?

Reactions: shagy0071

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You are going to have to use ADB to push the appropriate files to your phone and flash an appropriate recovery. See the stickies for instructions.

Only use recoveries known to work with the Optimus V. ;)

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What is ADB? I mean what are the stickies? And yeah I don't know why I installed it, something something idk I have the Optimus Slider as well but yeah what's a stickies?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There was a blog on www.androidcentral.com yesterday I believe talking about what is
ADB? I think it also contained links to some basic guides on how to use it.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

campney21

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
i cant find that post and have the same problem can you please put a link or something on here that tells you how to fix it so i can find it please and thank you

Last edited:

Veezy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem, stupid ass update to RomManager added the new recovory and now I can't select anything because its a recovory for the LG Optimus C, I will continue to help this post get bumped until someone give us all answers! :mad:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
No!! But you should have read that, before you use rom manager, insted of looking it up in YouTube...
have you tryed turning the phone on with no micro SD? Have you try ADB, There is one more thing you can try before buying a new OV, put the recovery you want in the root of your SD card , if its 2.2.1 try using 3.2.0.1 back all you SD card file to you computer, once you got them backed up to your computer delete everything in your sd card except the recovery you want plus the rom and put it back on your phone and turn it on, no luck? Pulley battery out wait 6 mins, put the battery back on your phone, power on to recovery and hope for a miracle ......... some times you just got to let go.....no matter how much it HURTS...........:':)':)':)-\.........O:)

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
wats the point of that forum? its not tellin me how to fix Clockword Mod 5.0.2.7 or get rid of it!
if you read that forum [or anything else concerning recoveries] you'd know that it does.
you put the wrong recovery on your phone and now you need the correct recovery.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have read that rom manager in general is problematic and does not work properly with optimus v... last I knew anyways... I uninstalled and deleted all to do with it just in case... just wish I would have known before I went premium... I've only had this phone 1mnth today... so... assuming you're rooted and can still access net... download flashimagegui.apk... be sure to thank the dev... install apk... assuming you already have a compatible recovery moved to root of sdcard... use flashimagegui app to flash new compatible recovery... don't forget to clear caches when prompted prior to flashing... once rebooted I suggest making a backup... from there I suggest finding a good kernel and rom to flash if you would like to make the most of your phone... as I said... I'm a noob but am getting better everyday... I have learned alot from jerryscripts threads... I suggest you browse xda developers as well... hope this helps...

Reactions: havxk and Veezy

Veezy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have read that rom manager in general is problematic and does not work properly with optimus v... last I knew anyways... I uninstalled and deleted all to do with it just in case... just wish I would have known before I went premium... I've only had this phone 1mnth today... so... assuming you're rooted and can still access net... download flashimagegui.apk... be sure to thank the dev... install apk... assuming you already have a compatible recovery moved to root of sdcard... use flashimagegui app to flash new compatible recovery... don't forget to clear caches when prompted prior to flashing... once rebooted I suggest making a backup... from there I suggest finding a good kernel and rom to flash if you would like to make the most of your phone... as I said... I'm a noob but am getting better everyday... I have learned alot from jerryscripts threads... I suggest you browse xda developers as well... hope this helps...

Thanx this worked PERFECTLY!!! :D All I did was pressed all the buttons on CWM 5027 until it let me use the power button to restore my backup once restored and I was finally able to get back into my phone, I used ur programe to flash my old recovery BACK onto my phone and everything worked like a charm!!! you're more help than these other guys on here and ur a noob like me! :D *NOOB POWER!*

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanx this worked PERFECTLY!!! :D All I did was pressed all the buttons on CWM 5027 until it let me use the power button to restore my backup once restored and I was finally able to get back into my phone, I used ur programe to flash my old recovery BACK onto my phone and everything worked like a charm!!! you're more help than these other guys on here and ur a noob like me! :D *NOOB POWER!*

Yes because the people that have pent countless hours helping people here seen your demand for all answers and say screw it.

You Jumped on the CWM/RM bandwagon because you seen a article on LifeHacker/HowtoGeek/TechCrunch talking about it was the godsend of android. Without even thinking will it work you installed it and then broke your phone.

How about people start trying to get Koush to support and help them fix their phones? I promise you this it will end with him sitting in his house in Seattle laughing at you for demanding he help you.

People tried to help but when you are not willing to learn and just want people to hold your hand and pat you on the head and say good boy they will not respond.

I cant say Im glad you got it working as I think we will see more posts from you demanding we give you all answers when you are too ed/stubborn/braindead to search and read anything.