Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1570
Like Tree179Likes

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Default Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

I've been hearing a lot about COT. Might try that one first, actually. Now, when I flash a new recovery, are my existing Nandroid backups still workable? I've heard conflicting reports on that.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamme View Post
    I've been hearing a lot about COT. Might try that one first, actually. Now, when I flash a new recovery, are my existing Nandroid backups still workable? I've heard conflicting reports on that.
    You may get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. Make new backups for every recovery you flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Good advice, thanks. Been meaning to clear out some old backups, anyway.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Well, flashing and calibrating that sucker couldn't have been easier. COT, that is. Looks real nice. Love the touch function. Everything seems solid. Of course, I won't know how reliable it is until I need to recovery from my new Nandroid backup, but I have faith.
    upconvert likes this.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Here's an odd question. I flashed COT with no trouble. Haven't used it for anything significant yet. Today, I'm getting force closes all over the place. That almost never happens. It doesn't seem likely, but can a recovery affect the normal operation of the phone?

having greppy's podcast issue too, haven't found a fix have you?

Unfortunately doing a search for "listen" "google listen" and "progress bar" gives far, far too many hits, so I am just going to ask here...

I upgraded to Harmonia 2.08 from 1.x, and love it. Except... when I am listening to a podcast, either in Listen or in BeyondPod, the progress bar does not advance unless I tap on it somewhere. If I pause and leave the Listen app and then go back into it, my only option is to hit "Listen Now" which starts over.

I upgraded to 2.09 hoping it would fix the issue, but it didn't.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on what is causing this?

daniel reagan: I'm having have the same issue with the audio progress bar with multiple apps, such as Akimbo (audiobook player), DoggCatcher (podcast manager / player) and OverDrive Media Console (audiobooks from public libraries).

Notably, I've tried multiple Gingerbread ROMs, such as IHO, MiRaGe and Harmonia, and they all have this issue (perhaps they're all based on the same base code?). Furthermore, the issue is not present with Harmonia's Froyo or BobZHome's ICS or Jelly Bean.

I keep thinking I must be doing something because I figure otherwise lots of people would be posting about this, but you're the first other that I've found. Please post back if you figure anything out!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1534  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by hpscott View Post
    [Notably, I've tried multiple Gingerbread ROMs, such as IHO, MiRaGe and Harmonia, and they all have this issue (perhaps they're all based on the same base code?).
    Those are all based on the IHO Gingerbread code is why.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

God i love you leslieann
    upconvert likes this.

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Quote Originally Posted by smokenbiskits View Post
    God i love you leslieann
    That's, "God, I love you, LeslieAnn."
    She deserves proper grammar and punctuation, at the very least.
    upconvert likes this.

The only thing that I have seen that might be a work around for the audio progress bar issue is a feature that was included in one of the podcast players (BeyondPod, I think) called "blipstart" https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...g/FwQkY0sepwEJ

Not sure if that helps anyone, but it describes a workaround that might be implemented.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Good catch, but declarations of love supersede the demand for proper grammar. It's in the AP Style Book, even.
    cole2kb and upconvert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel reagan View Post
    ... describes a workaround that might be implemented.
    Are any developers still working on Gingerbread for the Optimus V? It looks like, for understandable reasons, development has shifted either to more recent versions of Android or, even more dramatically, more recent phones.

More specifically, I'm wondering if there's any chance for a ROM-level fix for this audio-progress bar bug, or if I should move on as well?
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by hpscott View Post
    Are any developers still working on Gingerbread for the Optimus V? It looks like, for understandable reasons, development has shifted either to more recent versions of Android or, even more dramatically, more recent phones.

More specifically, I'm wondering if there's any chance for a ROM-level fix for this audio-progress bar bug, or if I should move on as well?
    I could look into it, what are the most popular audio book apps?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    I could look into it, what are the most popular audio book apps?
    I use Akimbo for personally owned audiobooks, OverDrive for audiobooks borrowed from my public library, and DoggCatcher for podcasts. All three of these apps have trouble tracking audio progress in any Gingerbread ROM I've tried for my Optimus V.

Thank you so much for considering this!

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Sounds like a library problem, can you pull a logcat for each of those apps and p.m. me the results?

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Okay so ran a logcat for DuggCatcher and this is what I got.

Code:
    I/NuCachedSource2(  344): Keep alive
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404): Cannot post message to Mixpanel Servers
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404): org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://api.mixpanel.com refused
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:178)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:164)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:119)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:359)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:555)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:487)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:465)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at com.mixpanel.android.mpmetrics.b.a(HttpPoster.java:44)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at com.mixpanel.android.mpmetrics.a$a$a.a(AnalyticsMessages.java:234)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at com.mixpanel.android.mpmetrics.a$a$a.handleMessage(AnalyticsMessages.java:182)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at com.mixpanel.android.mpmetrics.a$a$1.run(AnalyticsMessages.java:142)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404): Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: /127.0.0.1:80 - Connection refused
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:207)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:437)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:983)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:119)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:143)
    E/MixpanelAPI( 3404):   ... 12 more
    It looks like the problem is a connections error, so it most likely is a library problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Okay so ran a logcat for DoggCatcher and this is what I got.

[... code I don't understand ...]

It looks like the problem is a connections error, so it most likely is a library problem.
    You're way over my head here, but please know that I appreciate your effort!

It turns out that DoggCatcher has a feature under the Advanced menu specifically to address this bug; it is called "Seek bar hack." It says it's for "some devices," and it specifically mentions "CM nightly" as an example. I tried it, and it corrects the problem for me -- the seek bar (referred to as audio progress previously in this thread) now works. From what I understand it basically does an automatic mini-seek when audio starts, which I've already found seems to get the seek bar to work.

I'm not aware of such a hack built into Akimbo, and it's very unlikely that such a feature would ever be built into the OverDrive Media Console. But, the way I listen to audiobooks it isn't such a big deal to manually do a 10-second seek forward and back whenever I start playback because in one listening session I stick with the same book. Conversely, this was a hassle with podcasts because often I queue up several into a playlist, and it's easy to forget to do the manual seek hack as each one starts to play. Losing one's position sucks!

Anyway, it seems like I'm in a workable situation now. Of course it would be sweet to get the underlying bug fixed, but I don't want to come off as nagging any developers based on how much impressive work you all have already done!
    Last edited by hpscott; 12-23-2012 at 03:07 PM.

My phone won't ring or vibrate. The call screen comes on, but no sound. I tried it with ringer on, and vibrate on - nothing. Any idea what might be causing this? I don't think it's a hardware problem because the speaker works.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1546  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Retry with a full wipe.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Default How to backup after install

I love this rom, thanks.

However after a few moths it starting getting slow, probably app updates.

I did a fresh wipe and re installed all my apps and it is awesome again.

Is there a way to backup up the whole system and restore it? I know titanium back restores apps, but I think I want to backup the rom,

Basically I want to take of backup of the whole system, apps and all and this way I can restore it. I also use link to sd so I want to back that up.

What is the best way to do this? How can I basically take a snapshot of my phone and restore it.

Thanks

Bob

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Default Re: How to backup after install

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bader View Post
    I love this rom, thanks.

Is there a way to backup up the whole system and restore it? I know titanium back restores apps, but I think I want to backup the rom,

Basically I want to take of backup of the whole system, apps and all and this way I can restore it. I also use link to sd so I want to back that up.

What is the best way to do this? How can I basically take a snapshot of my phone and restore it.

Thanks

Bob

My idea: Fresh install, install all apps you want, then Nandroid the install.
    Also check out ChronMod A2SD++ Here[SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers
    It made my optimus incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this rom, thanks.

Thanks

Bob

My idea: Fresh install, install all apps you want, then Nandroid the install.
    Also check out ChronMod A2SD++ Herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124
    It made my optimus incredible.

Default Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

ROM is working pretty well. Had issues with package file errors and other mysterious install/Play problems , reflashed several times -- but now using MarketFix and Link2SD for *everything* with a large FAT32 sd-ext (for some reason, FAT32 seemed to work better than ext3 -- but maybe that's my imagination).

So... there is one thing missing. The original OV dialer let you send a text message for an incoming call. The phone app in this ROM does not have that feature. If I can get the APK for the original phone app, or a pointer to a free (ad-less?) alternative, that would be great. Tried Reject++ for a bit, but it is just a trial -- and frankly, I think the stock app looks better.

I was also missing the stock Weather/News app (hog or not), but thankfully this forum had a pointer to it. So the last thing missing is just need a way to send message in response to incoming call...

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I love this rom, thanks.

Thanks

Bob
    A nandroid is a complete system backup that's made in the custom recovery/backup and restore/backup.
    There stored on the SD card in the "clockworkmod" folder.
    It would be a good idea to copy this folder to the computer in case of accidental erasure of the SD card or corruption of the SD card.
    The nandroid will be an exact copy of everything you have done to the currently installed ROM. Same background, apps in the same place etc, etc. Everything just as you had it when you backed up the ROM.
    Very similar to a restore point on a computer.
    Just don't change the format of your partition on the SD card or when you restore the nandroid backup it will not recognize the apps that where linked there. Even if you restore all the exact same apps after you change the format.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 LastLast