Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Carrier
    Harmonia 2.03

Default Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Thanks for the advice Leslie I swear in your tips block you had put 825 but I see now its two nocks down from stable.

The overclock was not in effect during any rom/recovery install but yes during Market downloads. The apps do run no problem and I haven't experienced any data loss, but I will take your advice and do a fresh start.

Just curious, when might the next update come around? If it's mpt too far out maybe I can just wait ;p
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  
    AC Forums Android Developer

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by Discovered View Post
    No Widgets? When I install apps I cannot use there Widgets, they don't show up?
    I would say almost certainly a bad install.

Quote Originally Posted by I3ig Al View Post
    Just curious, when might the next update come around? If it's mpt too far out maybe I can just wait ;p
    You're welcome.

I have no idea when the next will come, I have a newer blank to use, but I hate to do it again so soon. So who knows. LOL.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #153  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

2.03 is up.

Notes:
    Offline charging fix.
    Beware the Virgin logo, AHH!
    Toolbars have been updated to match.

To upgrade from 2.0b, 2.0, 2.01, 2.02:
    Go into "mounts and storage", wipe cache, systems and boot, go into "advanced" and wipe Dalvik, then flash. If you have issues, do a complete wipe.
    scootincivic likes this.

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Well, 2.03 now charges when powered off but it won't fully boot when plugged in. It gets to the LG logo and then pops back to the battery charging animation. I didn't wipe this time, so I suppose that could be causing the issue. Could someone that wiped test to see your phone will start up when plugged in?

Carrier
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Well, 2.03 now charges when powered off but it won't fully boot when plugged in. It gets to the LG logo and then pops back to the battery charging animation. I didn't wipe this time, so I suppose that could be causing the issue. Could someone that wiped test to see your phone will start up when plugged in?
    You have to hold down power till the LG logo comes up (or even the Virgin logo). At least that's how it works in mirage, I assume it's the same on Harmonia.

I like lean, and I've been wanting to give H2 a try. I probably will go ahead now that LeslieAnn has incorporated that charging fix and other recent IHO fixes.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    aldamon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    2.03 is up.

Notes:
    Offline charging fix.
    Beware the Virgin logo, AHH!
    Toolbars have been updated to match.

To upgrade from 2.0b, 2.0, 2.01, 2.02:
    Go into "mounts and storage", wipe cache, systems and boot, go into "advanced" and wipe Dalvik, then flash. If you have issues, do a complete wipe.
    Hi LeslieAnn, is there a way to upgrade while preserving my Link2SD apps? The last time I tried to upgrade using this method (from 2.01 to 2.02), I couldn't recreate the Link2SD mount script and I ended up using your 2.02 update instead after restoring my nandroid backup. Thanks.

Well I reflashed the rom and still had no widgets, I think it may be the kernel. Cause it was running an older kernel i saw, on this build im running its the newest bobz kernel and i do have widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
    Hi LeslieAnn, is there a way to upgrade while preserving my Link2SD apps? The last time I tried to upgrade using this method (from 2.01 to 2.02), I couldn't recreate the Link2SD mount script and I ended up using your 2.02 update instead after restoring my nandroid backup. Thanks.
    I'm also interested in this.

That's the only thing stopping myself to update.

Tapatalk via OV
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #159  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by Discovered View Post
    Well I reflashed the rom and still had no widgets, I think it may be the kernel. Cause it was running an older kernel i saw, on this build im running its the newest bobz kernel and i do have widgets.
    Nandroid, wipe, re-install and see if things work.

Quote Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scootincivic View Post
    I'm also interested in this.

That's the only thing stopping myself to update.
    I have never used or even really looked into Link2SD so I am not the right person to answer that, sorry guys. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Despite trying some wild things and building roms, I actually seem to run a rather plain setup.

Edit: try this:
    Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    If your using link2sd, you have to recreate mount scripts, by going to settings/more select recreate mount scripts chose your ext. And reboot. Its because your Widgets are on your sdext, and the past couple months the iho roms haven't always been mounting sdext after a flash
    scootincivic likes this.

Nandroid, wipe, re-install and see if things work.

I have never used or even really looked into Link2SD so I am not the right person to answer that, sorry guys. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Despite trying some wild things and building roms, I actually seem to run a rather plain setup.

Edit: try this:
    I don't really go crazy installing apps but at least for me, the internal memory is impossible to work with, so your setup must be incredibly lean! I actually did try doing what pbailey212 said during my last upgrade attempt but it froze at the Harmonia boot animation after I rebooted (or maybe I didn't wait long enough). I guess I'll make another nandroid backup and try again. Thanks.

Carrier
    Harmonia 2.03

So I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm before I go ahead and maybe mess things up.

Are my nandroid backups universal between recoveries? Right now I am using Zionist but I would like to switch to BobzHome before I direct some friends on rooting/ROM. I would like to be on the same page in case something goes wrong.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

So I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm before I go ahead and maybe mess things up.

Are my nandroid backups universal between recoveries? Right now I am using Zionist but I would like to switch to BobzHome before I direct some friends on rooting/ROM. I would like to be on the same page in case something goes wrong.
    Yes and no.
    Some work, some do not.

Do a nandroid before you change recoveries, and another right after. That will keep you safe.
    I3ig Al likes this.

Carrier
    Harmonia 2.03

Thanks for the quick reply I suppose if it all goes bad a fresh start isn't such a big deal at this point. Also opportunity to give backside a try, although I'm extremely pleased with your work.

Come tax return I need to donate to you for a bottle of wine or whatever

I don't know if this has been covered but my contacts wont sync? Came from backside Rom did full wipe

sent via Optimus Prime V

Home button not working on Optimus V
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by darkencypher View Post
    I don't know if this has been covered but my contacts wont sync? Came from backside Rom did full wipe
    Quote Originally Posted by danny310 View Post
    Home button not working on Optimus V
    Both definitely work, it's something on your particular phones, bad installs, corrupted downloads, etc..
    Anything like that would be found before it was ever uploaded and at the very least immediately after.

Both definitely work, it's something on your particular phones, bad installs, corrupted downloads, etc..
    Anything like that would be found before it was ever uploaded and at the very least immediately after.
    Ill reinstall... thank you excellent rom!

sent via Optimus Prime V

Carrier
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

This is just a nice, clean, responsive ROM. All the essential options are there to be tweaked, but it's simple and fast. I installed 2.03 this morning, and I haven't gotten a single FC. There's been a surprising lack of lag on pretty much everything I've tried.

Besides the powered off charging, the second most impressive thing about this release is that the swipe to remove items from the notifications screen works much better in this release. In 2.0, it seemed like you had to get the timing just right for the swipe to work. In this release it works exactly as you'd expect it to.

I removed the Email system app in favor of Gmail, and removed the Music system app in favor of Google Music. I haven't noticed any problems as a result of this (or problems at all, really). Have you ever removed these apps before, and if so, were there any repercussions?

Thanks again for a great ROM!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Those are safe to remove.
    Glad you like it.

There is more that could be removed but you will start compromising basic functions and that isn't even counting the Gapps stuff.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    Banned

Carrier
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

I had problems with home button for about a minute. Need to go to homescreen first to fix.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    You have to hold down power till the LG logo comes up (or even the Virgin logo). At least that's how it works in mirage, I assume it's the same on Harmonia.
    Your suggestion works perfectly. Thank you.
    Dannemand likes this.

Carrier
    Harmonia 2.03

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post

I removed the Email system app in favor of Gmail, and removed the Music system app in favor of Google Music. I haven't noticed any problems as a result of this (or problems at all, really). Have you ever removed these apps before, and if so, were there any repercussions?

Thanks again for a great ROM!
    How exactly do you remove system apps, I would also like to remove Email, Music, and possibly messaging? Not sure if that last would break things.
    Themer. You've seen them

Carrier
    Stock

How exactly do you remove system apps, I would also like to remove Email, Music, and possibly messaging? Not sure if that last would break things.
    Download titanium backup and you can uninstall system apps in it. Works like a charm. Be careful what you delete tho. I wouldn't recommend deleting messaging, things are bound to go wrong... like not getting texts anymore
    I3ig Al likes this.
    Banned

Carrier
    cm9 alpha 6

Got to say this new build is the . I've had my phone off the charger just a few mins over 7 hours and I'm at 30%. I've been on the internet a lot and watched over 2 hours of YouTube videos on m.YouTube cause the YouTube app has crashed. I really like it good work.
    Banned

Carrier
    cm9 alpha 6

Only thing I left on is the data sync tho. Don't need ur email and contacts to sync. I also turned off auto sync and the backlight. One hell of a improvement in battery life.
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast