[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Hey LeslieAnn, thanks again for the great ROM :) my GF is getting jealous since I haven't done her OV yet.

I have been having a few weird issues here and there, nothing truly important but I figured I might as well post about them.

I get a lot of "not responding" prompts when apps are loading. What I'm talking about is the popup that gives you three buttons, Force Close/Wait/Report. No single app does it every time, but also no app is immune. it happens most with TapFish which is a data hog at 34mb or so, but Angry Birds does it, Calender does it, even the built in browser does it sometimes. If I just hit Wait it 99% of the time just continues as normal.

Second issue I have run into is that sometimes when exiting apps (mostly games or Maps) the touch screen stops responding. I can't do anything, open apps, swipe to another homescreen, whatever. If I press power button to turn screen off and on it fixes, but sometimes the hard buttons stop responding also and I have to wait for screen timeout. I have never had to pull the battery however.

Last issue is random full/hard reboots. These are very rare, maybe once in three/four days, but the phone just blacks out and comes back to the LG logo.

I had been using overclocking, 825. I moved down to 806, then 768, and even turned off all of the overclocking stuff. this did reduce the occurrence of "Not Responding" but they still happened at times. the screen not responding and hard reboots were not affected.

Is there any sort of debug logging tool that I can install to provide additional information to you?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

825 was way over what most phones can handle, in fact I suspect most phones are not even truly stable at 768.

Not to say this is your problem, but almost all of these problems always come back to one of two things: A bad download/flash or improper wipe.

Another common one at least for me is restoring apps wrong, especially with Titanium. People unknowingly restore something from an old rom they shouldn't, or restore the apps and data at the same time. Some also use titanium to move the apps, which can cause issues.

In your case, installing while overclocked that high is an invitation to a bad install. You had data corruption occurring while writing your rom and restoring backups. My advice would be get your overclock down, download a fresh copy, wipe everything, install, and instead of restoring apps, re-download all of them and restore as little data as possible. It won't be easy, but all your current data is possibly corrupted.

I'm sure there is a log in there somewhere, but my experience with computers has been that if it crashes that hard (to reboot), there usually isn't anything left in the log.

Reactions: I3ig Al

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Do you think we'll get Ofline Charging anytime in the future?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Not only BACKside you know.... It was released only Today, credits to the people who made that possible. Just give it time, maybe She'll add it, maybe she won't. :p

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

My phone charges while off and it runs super smooth oc'd to 825. I get zero hangups or fc's . Maybe i just have a good handset. Or maybe Leslie just makes a really good rom! Or maybe it is because i waited to overclock until after i wiped installed rom and all apps .

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have a fresh build from Mrg666 to work from but I haven't had a chance to see if it is included.

I always just charge with the phone on. You could always just put it in airplane mode if you don't want to be disturbed.

But yes, at some point it will likely be included.

Reactions: scootincivic

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mrg666 posted a new build today with the charging fix. I flashed it this pm, but haven't tried charging yet.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the advice Leslie :D I swear in your tips block you had put 825 but I see now its two nocks down from stable.

The overclock was not in effect during any rom/recovery install but yes during Market downloads. The apps do run no problem and I haven't experienced any data loss, but I will take your advice and do a fresh start.

Just curious, when might the next update come around? If it's mpt too far out maybe I can just wait ;p

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

No Widgets? When I install apps I cannot use there Widgets, they don't show up?
I would say almost certainly a bad install.

Just curious, when might the next update come around? If it's mpt too far out maybe I can just wait ;p
You're welcome.

I have no idea when the next will come, I have a newer blank to use, but I hate to do it again so soon. So who knows. LOL.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

2.03 is up.

Notes:
Offline charging fix.
Beware the Virgin logo, AHH!
Toolbars have been updated to match.

To upgrade from 2.0b, 2.0, 2.01, 2.02:
Go into "mounts and storage", wipe cache, systems and boot, go into "advanced" and wipe Dalvik, then flash. If you have issues, do a complete wipe.

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Well, 2.03 now charges when powered off but it won't fully boot when plugged in. It gets to the LG logo and then pops back to the battery charging animation. I didn't wipe this time, so I suppose that could be causing the issue. Could someone that wiped test to see your phone will start up when plugged in?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, 2.03 now charges when powered off but it won't fully boot when plugged in. It gets to the LG logo and then pops back to the battery charging animation. I didn't wipe this time, so I suppose that could be causing the issue. Could someone that wiped test to see your phone will start up when plugged in?

You have to hold down power till the LG logo comes up (or even the Virgin logo). At least that's how it works in mirage, I assume it's the same on Harmonia.

I like lean, and I've been wanting to give H2 a try. I probably will go ahead now that LeslieAnn has incorporated that charging fix and other recent IHO fixes.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Last edited:
Reactions: aldamon

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

2.03 is up.

Notes:
Offline charging fix.
Beware the Virgin logo, AHH!
Toolbars have been updated to match.

To upgrade from 2.0b, 2.0, 2.01, 2.02:
Go into "mounts and storage", wipe cache, systems and boot, go into "advanced" and wipe Dalvik, then flash. If you have issues, do a complete wipe.

Hi LeslieAnn, is there a way to upgrade while preserving my Link2SD apps? The last time I tried to upgrade using this method (from 2.01 to 2.02), I couldn't recreate the Link2SD mount script and I ended up using your 2.02 update instead after restoring my nandroid backup. Thanks.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Well I reflashed the rom and still had no widgets, I think it may be the kernel. Cause it was running an older kernel i saw, on this build im running its the newest bobz kernel and i do have widgets.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Hi LeslieAnn, is there a way to upgrade while preserving my Link2SD apps? The last time I tried to upgrade using this method (from 2.01 to 2.02), I couldn't recreate the Link2SD mount script and I ended up using your 2.02 update instead after restoring my nandroid backup. Thanks.

I'm also interested in this.

That's the only thing stopping myself to update.

Tapatalk via OV

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Well I reflashed the rom and still had no widgets, I think it may be the kernel. Cause it was running an older kernel i saw, on this build im running its the newest bobz kernel and i do have widgets.
Nandroid, wipe, re-install and see if things work.

I'm also interested in this.

That's the only thing stopping myself to update.
I have never used or even really looked into Link2SD so I am not the right person to answer that, sorry guys. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Despite trying some wild things and building roms, I actually seem to run a rather plain setup.

Edit: try this:
If your using link2sd, you have to recreate mount scripts, by going to settings/more select recreate mount scripts chose your ext. And reboot. Its because your Widgets are on your sdext, and the past couple months the iho roms haven't always been mounting sdext after a flash

Reactions: scootincivic

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Nandroid, wipe, re-install and see if things work.

I have never used or even really looked into Link2SD so I am not the right person to answer that, sorry guys. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Despite trying some wild things and building roms, I actually seem to run a rather plain setup.

Edit: try this:

I don't really go crazy installing apps but at least for me, the internal memory is impossible to work with, so your setup must be incredibly lean! I actually did try doing what pbailey212 said during my last upgrade attempt but it froze at the Harmonia boot animation after I rebooted (or maybe I didn't wait long enough). I guess I'll make another nandroid backup and try again. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21