[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Just installed this on my old Optimus that I hadn't updated since like October, the flashing buttons for notifications is pretty cool.

Edit: That is a new feature right? Or is the phone just bugging out. Or is it to show it's charging?

Last edited:

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

As I said in my first post my wife also has the optimus v and nothing has been done to it. Both of our phones were bought at the same time. Out of desperation I rooted her phone, installed xionia recovery to her phone and create a backup to a sdcard. Then I popped that sdcard into my phone and restore using the same exact xionia recovery. My phone now can be booted into the stock rom successfully, except when I try to go to the activiate menu by enter "##478446#" it doesn't work. I tried the "##478446#" on my wife's phone and it didn't work either. My guess is that since the phone thinks it has already been activiated and therefore entering that ## code will not get into the activiation menu. But at least my phone now is back to stock rom (supposingly) and I can contact Virgin Mobile tech support and see what they can do. After activating my phone I can then do a restore to my Harmonia 2.03 backup.

Thank you very much to everyone who had replied to my messages and their suggestions!!
Sam

CORN1203

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Is there any way to get the default news and weather app that the phone came with on this rom. I cant find it in the market at anywhere?

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com

Is there any way to get the default news and weather app that the phone came with on this rom. I cant find it in the market at anywhere?
Here sense I guess some people dont like to share..
Dont think you can just install the .APK..
Believe you have to manually move the .APK to /system/app (found in ROOT directory)..

Confirmed working on this ROM..
Enjoy

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

As I said in my first post my wife also has the optimus v and nothing has been done to it. Both of our phones were bought at the same time. Out of desperation I rooted her phone, installed xionia recovery to her phone and create a backup to a sdcard. Then I popped that sdcard into my phone and restore using the same exact xionia recovery. My phone now can be booted into the stock rom successfully, except when I try to go to the activiate menu by enter "##478446#" it doesn't work. I tried the "##478446#" on my wife's phone and it didn't work either. My guess is that since the phone thinks it has already been activiated and therefore entering that ## code will not get into the activiation menu. But at least my phone now is back to stock rom (supposingly) and I can contact Virgin Mobile tech support and see what they can do. After activating my phone I can then do a restore to my Harmonia 2.03 backup.

Thank you very much to everyone who had replied to my messages and their suggestions!!
Sam

There is something very wrong with this situation. If you are just rooted there should not be any checks to see if the phone is rooted when trying to activate. Atleast there wasnt before.

As for your other problem..I cant believe nobody is thinking outside the norm. You just recently bought the phone right? New Optimus V's use the Sprint sister phones screen. Im sure LeslieAnn will say 1.7 supports them. If you can install 2.0 but 1.7 fails it makes me think the dreaded black screen-o-death is affecting you.

As for not activating with the code have you just tried to use the activate app that is part of the stock rom? Also you are using the wrong code mate. lol. It should be ##847446# or spell Virgin on the keypad.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Gallery has been unstable for a long time.
I may see if the one for 1.7 will work. It was a more stable version.

Working on 2.04, but early tests showed stability issues with the rom so it still needs work.

Reactions: scootincivic

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Gallery has been unstable for a long time.
I may see if the one for 1.7 will work. It was a more stable version.

Working on 2.04, but early tests showed stability issues with the rom so it still needs work.

Thanks for the info LeslieAnn. I downloaded an app from the market. No big deal though I can use the market app. Other then that gallery fc, I have had no problems since my replacement phone came in.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

There is something very wrong with this situation. If you are just rooted there should not be any checks to see if the phone is rooted when trying to activate. Atleast there wasnt before.

As for your other problem..I cant believe nobody is thinking outside the norm. You just recently bought the phone right? New Optimus V's use the Sprint sister phones screen. Im sure LeslieAnn will say 1.7 supports them. If you can install 2.0 but 1.7 fails it makes me think the dreaded black screen-o-death is affecting you.

As for not activating with the code have you just tried to use the activate app that is part of the stock rom? Also you are using the wrong code mate. lol. It should be ##847446# or spell Virgin on the keypad.

Hi Eillot,

Yes, I did use the wrong code ##478446# instead of ##847446#. It was late at night (or early in the morning) 1 AM and I guess I started to dreaming up things. lol

I had tried using both BobzHome and Xionia recoveries to flash Harmonia 1.7, Harmonia 1.3, and a "stock" rom I found and all booted to a blank screen. Although flashing Harmonia 2.03 worked though. Somthing is very wrong with my phone. Anyway, I backup my wife's optimus V that we bought at the same time. Her phone still has the stock rom on it. I then restored it to my poblematic phone and it worked! Yay! I was then able to call Virgin Mobile and used the right code ##847446# and activated my phone. Afterwards I restore my own backup (one with Harmonia 2.03) and now I have a working optimus v with Harmonia 2.03.

Also, big Thank You to LeslieAnn for the great Harmonia custom rom!!!

Sam

richasianman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Here sense I guess some people dont like to share..
Dont think you can just install the .APK..
Believe you have to manually move the .APK to /system/app (found in ROOT directory)..

Confirmed working on this ROM..
Enjoy

I'm not sure how to install this... I don't know where the "/system/app" folder or whatever is. My phone does not have that and to think about it, I can't even find any of the apps I have currently installed in any of these folders lol

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how to install this... I don't know where the "/system/app" folder or whatever is. My phone does not have that and to think about it, I can't even find any of the apps I have currently installed in any of these folders lol

Are you rooted? If ypi are get an App called root browser and look for system

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Some file managers won't get root until you set it in their options, others never do.

Without that, you will never see the files.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

download file manager from the market the one with a tool/star near the folder ,open the app then go to settings and select "root explorer" then it's going to ask for root access.

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I was first on original CM7, then JerryScript, then BobzPhone, now I'm on Harmonia 2.03 and my 3G connection still is non existent. Whats the fix, I figured if I got my hands on the stock activate app for VM i could reactivate my phone, but I am hearing from people that it is specially coded for 2.2 same with the MMS issue. Help please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze