[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery installed yet? Like ClockworkMod

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ah, the cherry high of installing Harmonia for the first time. I envy you. Your life as a OV user is about to change forever.
I found that the information on the sticky at the start of this thread was super helpful. Pretty much all you need, provided you know how to wipe what needs to be wiped and whatnot.

destinycomputers

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having a little problem here.
I just tried to install Harmonia on my Virgin Mobile USA LG Optimus V and it gave me:

Code:
Welcome to Harmonia!
assert failed: getprop("ro.production.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
E:Error in /sdcard/Harmonia_2.09_OV.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What do I do D:

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in with an October bump and some (dirty) fixes I've come to use to make my Harmonia experience perfect:

I had the major stupid issue of Skype not accessing the speakerphone. After some searching and leads, I discovered that this custom build of Skype based on v2.0.0.47 used the speaker phone just fine, and had no issues switching between the speaker phone and standard ear piece. Other builds use a custom bluetooth stack, so if you're dying for skype with BT, try any of the builds to see if it fixes your problem Direct Link for .apk Here ////// Source Link Here.

I then was playing around with different A2SD scripts trying to come up with some way for the package file error to go away.
S2E, which I thought was the best for moving all the data files and download cache, could not move the Dalvik on our phones.
I tried a few others, and had no luck.
Then I read about the now defunct Darktremor script +APK. I did a fresh flash, using this script, and holy heck, the Dalvik was moved. After going on a major app install spree (45 apps or so) I still was not getting any package file errors. So this script solves the dalvik cache problem, but still leaves a bit to desired as S2E moved all the app data to Ext, which was super nice.
What I have not done, is run the Darktremor with S2E to see if I can get all the app data + Dalvik cache on the SD card for excellent space savings.

Anyways, DarkTremor flash-able script, I used Beta4 ////// And the DarkTremor A2SD GUI app

Well, happy October and harvest to everyone. Long live the Optimus V, long live our cheap phone service, long live LeslieAnn for, in my humble opinion, making 4 of the greatest Roms known to man, The Harmonia series, and the Rhodes Utility.
That's what I've got, happy modding.

EDIT:

I just came across these scripts that BobZ baked into his CM9 and 10, and I'll be testing to see if they do what I'm looking for, which is all Cache+ Apps on SD-EXT with no issues.
A2SD++ and Others

Last edited:

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I just used this for my first time flashing my Optimus V and OMG loving it already. Followed instructions to the letter after researching first, and flashed perfect first time. Loving this ROM it is quick and the keyboard is more responsive for me than the stock keyboard on the 2.2.2 software that came with the phone. Just wanted to say right now i am thoroughly happy with it.

anonymous1c4

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a little problem here.
I just tried to install Harmonia on my Virgin Mobile USA LG Optimus V and it gave me:

Code:
Welcome to Harmonia!
assert failed: getprop("ro.production.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
E:Error in /sdcard/Harmonia_2.09_OV.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What do I do D:

I fixed it by installing the right recovery image. I used the instructions and recovery image from this thread. Hope this helps you out.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

I could be totally wrong and probly am but from what i understand it essentially does all the tweaks that are already included in H2. Like the changing of governors and such. So I having not tried it can't recommend either way, but if it is already in H2 why take up space?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I could be totally wrong and probly am but from what i understand it essentially does all the tweaks that are already included in H2. Like the changing of governors and such. So I having not tried it can't recommend either way, but if it is already in H2 why take up space?

Correct.
Tools like that are fine on stock roms, but once a dev has played with it, you never know what will happen.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Okay, here's a new one. I've been with Harmonia for 7 or 8 months now. Love it. When it comes to internal storage, I typically hover between 80-100 free megs, depending on whether I'm experimenting with a lot of new apps and such. In recent days, I was right at about 83 MB. Nice and comfortable. So today, I was installing an app when I got the "low storage" error. Figured it was just some cache thing, which rears its head from time to time. But when I went to check my internal storage, it was down to about 22 mb -- down about 60mb from the last time I checked it. I haven't installed anything recently, and surely nothing big enough to gobble that much. I suspected Google Play Music stashing offline files somewhere, but I haven't been able to pin down where they would be. I used SD Maid to search for big cache files and sure enough, Google Play Music had 76 MB in there somewhere. I cleaned it, absolutely sure that would take care of the problem. But nope. Internal storage is still down in the 20 MB range. Anybody have any idea what could cause such a drastic and sudden loss of internal storage space? I'm tempted to just restore from a Nandroid backup, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this first.

UPDATE: Never got to the bottom of this one. I restored from a backup and the space shortage was still there. Went nuclear and did a clean install. Cleared cache and dalvik, formatted boot, cache and data before reflashing Harmonia. That did it. 90 MB of free space again. Bugs me that I couldn't figure out what happened, though. I still kind of suspect Google Play Music and haven't reinstalled it.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

That is a Google Play issue and it has to do with how we use Dalvik cache.
There is an app called Market fix or something that helps with it, but it also never hurts to wipe and do a fresh install once in a while.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I love MarketFix. It really helps with the package file errors. In this case, wasn't much it could do, though. The fresh install did it, so I guess I'll stop fretting over it. It occurs to me that I recently installed the Photobucket app which might have been caching in some weird way. I still have that app, so if my internal storage gets sucked away again, I'll look at that. Weirdly, I have more internal than ever right now -- just over 100 MB.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Not a good weekend, Android-wise. Got my phone restored and set up the way I like it. All systems go. Until I tried to install an app. Opening the play store, I get the dreaded "application android play store has stopped unexpectedly." I've seen this error before but damn if I can remember how to fix it. Cleaned cache and data. Uninstalled updates. I even uninstalled the play store and installed an older version. Same error. Mystifying. If anybody has found a solution for this, I'd love to hear it.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: Fixed. No idea what fixed it. Seems like I tried one of everything and eventually, it worked. I half suspect that a corrupt download from the market causes that problem. I was trying to upgrade to the paid version of Draw Something (it's the only game I have. My shame is great) when the "stopped unexpectedly business" started. I finally uninstalled the free version of Draw Something and rebooted. Market worked long enough for me to hit the refund button on the paid version and there have been no problems since. I have no idea if that theory is very likely or not, but that's how it feels.

Last edited:

diffra

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

Loving this ROM. One question though. I've noticed that there's two sets of status bar icons. One set is gray and more modern-ish and these show up when I first turn the screen on on the phone and the other set is the standard CM7 style that replaces the gray set after a few seconds. I really actually like the first set, is there any way to keep those around?

Gray Icons:
iQbo9.png

Standard Icons:
WU3cG.png

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

You could seek out a flashable CM7 theme with icons that you like. The difference between the gray and blue is actually on purpose. Grey means you are connected to the network, and blue means you actually have access to the internet and Google services.

miahz

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Loving this ROM. One question though. I've noticed that there's two sets of status bar icons. One set is gray and more modern-ish and these show up when I first turn the screen on on the phone and the other set is the standard CM7 style that replaces the gray set after a few seconds. I really actually like the first set, is there any way to keep those around?

Gray Icons:
http://i.imgur.com/iQbo9.png

Standard Icons:
http://i.imgur.com/WU3cG.png

I have these, but it took me a while to remember where i changed it. Thought it was some buried CyanogenMod setting, but it's actually pretty easy. Run the Theme Chooser app, switch to the System theme and hit the Apply button. The accent color will be green, instead of blue with the Cyanbread theme, but you get the cleaner icons you're looking for.

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Leslie I hope you don't mind that i have been tearing apart not only Aeneas but have also been tearing apart Harmonia 2 to make my own hybrid so to speak, and well learn about Roms. The only development with it so far is that with Harmonia 2 I was able to add the option of booting into Xperia home or regular launcher. Just wanted to say thank you because I enjoy Harmonia a lot and I am just seeing what i can do with it.

Last edited:

harmopv

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm a happy user of Harmonia 1.9. with Xionia custom recovery. I just donated to LeslieAnn, too.
What's the procedure to upgrade to Harmonia 2.x ?
Can I just install 2 straight, or are their other components to install between?

(excuse me if it's been exposited on this thread in the past. I've read the first 5 pages but total 60 pages are too much to read through.)

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm a happy user of Harmonia 1.9. with Xionia custom recovery. I just donated to LeslieAnn, too.
What's the procedure to upgrade to Harmonia 2.x ?
Can I just install 2 straight, or are their other components to install between?

(excuse me if it's been exposited on this thread in the past. I've read the first 5 pages but total 60 pages are too much to read through all.)

Boot to recovery.
Make a nandroid backup.
Wipe/format cache and dalvik, (plus data, system, boot, sd-ext if you want to be complete, or better yet run LeslieAnn's prep for new rom.zip).
Install rom.
Install Gapps.
Reboot and enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC