[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Boot to recovery.
Make a nandroid backup.
Wipe/format cache and dalvik, (plus data, system, boot, sd-ext if you want to be complete, or better yet run LeslieAnn's prep for new rom.zip).
Install rom.
Install Gapps.
Reboot and enjoy!

This is incorrect. Going from H1 to H2 requires a full wipe of all partitions (the procedure you describe as the optional "complete" wipe), because H1 is Froyo and H2 is Gingerbread.

harmopv

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Hi Cole, I finally got to install it today but my Optimus V got stuck during the Harmonia initial boot for ever. (waited for 30 minutes)
I took full backup on SDcard. I wiped/formatted cache, systems, boot, and dalvik. Then installed Harmonia_2.09_OV.zip

- LeslieAnn wrote, "then flash". Does that mean "factory reset" from recovery menu? If so, this was probably what I did not do before installing Harmonia.
- Also, my phone stay connected to the USB cables. Was that bad too?

For several times, I attempted to go back to recovery mode by booting power+volume down buttons. Not working. It shows LG > Android graphic > Harmonia logo. and stay still. The little flamingo stays some times, is gone other times. (Shall I take it to PDTS thread instead?) I use mac os x.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

- LeslieAnn wrote, "then flash". Does that mean "factory reset" from recovery menu? If so, this was probably what I did not do before installing Harmonia.
Yes, that is correct, and probably your problem.

The Flamingo flashes as things load, to let you know it is still going.
If you reset while connected to USB, on some phones it will go right past recovery and into the rom. Always disconnect, if you want to go into recovery. You can reconnect right after.

harmopv

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

THANK YOU LeslieAnn, you are my Venus! I admire your precision, dedication, responsiveness, and expertise in this!! It's SOLVED. The manual recovery mode finally WORKED. Previously my hold on Home button wasn't complete. This time, I wiped Partitions and cache, formatted Boot, System, Sd-ext, Wiped Delvik, and "Wiped Data/Factory reset" before installing the rom zip. I'll miss the antique skin but cherish your new-born child and always carry with me! *kiss *hug *smile *donation sent

Last edited:

jmissiaen

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi There.
Just the other day I did a clean install of 2.09 after I had been using 1.7? for about 9 months. Overall it's awesome. The one issue I am running into and have not been able to find anything about is the following:
I can make and receive calls just fine, but when I have an incoming call, the phone only vibrates and does not audibly ring. I've tried all kinds of settings and profiles and no matter what it still just vibrates. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just overlooking a simple setting?
Thanks for the help!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, it may have dropped a ringtone or something (which would likely indicate a flashing issue). You could just change the ringtone.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with Clockwork, myself. I'm just intrigued by something shiny and new. Since I don't flash ROMS much anymore (I just keep coming back to Harmonia) I'm always on the hunt for something new with which to tinker. At the same time, messing with recoveries always feels a little precarious. The recovery is my panic room when it comes to tinkering.

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with Clockwork, myself. I'm just intrigued by something shiny and new. Since I don't flash ROMS much anymore (I just keep coming back to Harmonia) I'm always on the hunt for something new with which to tinker. At the same time, messing with recoveries always feels a little precarious. The recovery is my panic room when it comes to tinkering.

As long as you still have a working rom, you don't have to worry about changing recoveries. You can easily flash back to a recovery you know works. The flash image gui makes it super easy, just remember to add the word recovery to the filename of the .img so that flash image will recognize it.

Twrp is kinda fun. I like renaming backups, and the fully touch atmosphere, though it may not be as powerful as some others. I was in the same boat as you when i had tried basically every rom for the ov, but still wanted to tinker, so i checked out twrp, cot, xionia. Don't forget to make a nandroid in each new recovery, as they are often not compatible between recoveries.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as you still have a working rom, you don't have to worry about changing recoveries. You can easily flash back to a recovery you know works. The flash image gui makes it super easy, just remember to add the word recovery to the filename of the .img so that flash image will recognize it.

Twrp is kinda fun. I like renaming backups, and the fully touch atmosphere, though it may not be as powerful as some others. I was in the same boat as you when i had tried basically every rom for the ov, but still wanted to tinker, so i checked out twrp, cot, xionia. Don't forget to make a nandroid in each new recovery, as they are often not compatible between recoveries.

The problem with building the TWRP is that it breaks the android build environment, so developers welling to build for the V are in short supply.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I live by the Nandroid, not to worry. That's good information, thanks. Might just play around for the most classical reason of them all: Because it's there!

L D Ablo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Full Disclosure: Noob's first post.

First off, thanks to LeslieAnn. Harmonia 2.09 was my initial attempt at custom ROM flashing after rooting my V three days ago. Totally painless process. Phone works much better, smooth and snappy. Sweet. Internal storage went from around 34mb to over 90 (with apps installed). Also sweet. Now for my lack of skills & knowledge:

Can't get my voice dialer/talk to text to start by pressing the side button. Don't use voice dialer much, but talk to text would be nice to have. Is this a removed feature or am I missing something:

Battery life took a hit. Was getting 1.5 - 2 days, now it's toast by bedtime. CPU settings are 245/768 MHz, conservative. Is it just because I have it overclocked? Or is there a better governor or better frequency range to use?

Help much appreciated. Aside from those two things, this ROM and this community have been right-on.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Some others may have an idea on the voice thing. With CM, they add/remove stuff at random it seems.

Reset your battery stats in recovery and give it a day or two to figure things out (fully charged, and on the charger when you reset it). After that, if it still stinks, you have an app causing problems. It may just need a re-install or a different app entirely. Overclock won't hurt your battery, and in fact can actually help it. One suggestion is raise your minimum to 480, that could be at least some of your problem.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Full Disclosure: Noob's first post.

Can't get my voice dialer/talk to text to start by pressing the side button. Don't use voice dialer much, but talk to text would be nice to have. Is this a removed feature or am I missing something:

Voice Dialer button on the side is kind of a dead function, the app still works though and Google Voice Search does the same thing.

L D Ablo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Some others may have an idea on the voice thing. With CM, they add/remove stuff at random it seems.

Reset your battery stats in recovery and give it a day or two to figure things out (fully charged, and on the charger when you reset it). After that, if it still stinks, you have an app causing problems. It may just need a re-install or a different app entirely. Overclock won't hurt your battery, and in fact can actually help it. One suggestion is raise your minimum to 480, that could be at least some of your problem.

Thanks for the tips. I've changed the min to 480 and will reset stats tonight once charged.

Voice Dialer button on the side is kind of a dead function, the app still works though and Google Voice Search does the same thing.

Yup, familiar with Google Voice Search. Just hoping for a way to initiate that service from the messaging screen, like after reading a text I want to reply to w/o backing out and starting Voice Search. If the button has no functionality, I may just be out of luck. Any suggestions?

hpscott

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several Gingerbread ROMs, and for all of them I have a (minor) issue with audio playback in some apps:

The most notable is that in Akimbo Audiobook player, the timing component doesn't activate during playback unless I first manually jump it forward or backward in time. Otherwise, the player's clock does not increment and, accordingly, it doesn't keep track of my current position.

I thought maybe it was just a glitch in my setup, but I've now flashed and tested several ROMs. I get this issue in all of the Gingerbread ROMs I've tried, such as MiRaGe, IHO and, as mentioned, this one.

But, I don't get this issue with Bobzhome's ICS or Jellybean, or with Harmonia's Froyo. (Yet I keep coming back to Gingerbread because, otherwise, it has the best combination of features and reliability for how I use my Optimus V.)

Don't get me wrong... I certainly don't expect anyone to go to any trouble to figure this out for me, but I wanted to post just in case someone happens to know offhand what may cause this and how to fix it.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta