HELP!!! I think I BRICKED my LG Optimus V

Was this of any help?

• Total voters
Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
OK I just got this phone a few weeks ago and just activated it about a day ago. I rooted my phone using gingerbreak yesterday. It was working fine. I tried to install a custom rom with Rom Manager and I did something wrong and now my phone is bricked. I cant go into recovery mode. It just shows a black screen and I tried Emergency Mode but I dont see any use of that. When you turn it on normally It gets stuck at the Android logo screen and freezes there. Please Help! My Dad is going to kill me! I am willing to do ANYTHING to get this working!

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I just struck 4 ideas which are

1.) Go to the service center and just say that my phone is not getting started (Never ever say its rooted and i know you wont... He he he... ), They will do the service restart for you. It will be good to go. :cool:

2.) Get a jig and go to download mode and you know the rest.

3.) Get a plastic hardware reset chip (Mostly found in ebay/similar sites) and do the hardware reset manually using the soldering technique which ain't so hard. Believe me, It works like a charm. O:)

4.) Last but not LEAST.... Why bother much? Sell it to me :) :p

P.S. I recommend the third step the most if you can handle the soldering part.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
OK I just got this phone a few weeks ago and just activated it about a day ago. I rooted my phone using gingerbreak yesterday. It was working fine. I tried to install a custom rom with Rom Manager and I did something wrong and now my phone is bricked. I cant go into recovery mode. It just shows a black screen and I tried Emergency Mode but I dont see any use of that. When you turn it on normally It gets stuck at the Android logo screen and freezes there. Please Help! My Dad is going to kill me! I am willing to do ANYTHING to get this working!

Your recovery is probably working fine other then you can't see it. The new optimus V's come with different screens that aren't supported by the recovery rom manager installed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=113762

This thread explains it and how to get your phone back working

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011