Another Groove IP thread

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sorry for needing to create yet another one of these threads, but I have issues with reading large groups of text so I just get lost in the other threads and accomplish nothing.

I think I have it setup properly, but I cannot receive calls( I want to be able to use my normal mobile number for this(is that possible?) on Google voices' setup page it says it cost 20$ to port your number to Google voice.. is that what is required for this?

For the love of Cyanogen mod Please help xD I'm completely lost.

I keep seeing people say forward to google chat but how do I access Groove IP settings? I can't find that option on the phone settings

Also, I'm accessing Google voice settings on my desktop not my phone.

Last edited:

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
ONCE YOU HAVE GROOVE IP ON YOUR PHONE, download Google Voice and enter your gmail account ...run the set up. Its easy to do....
Next ..once your done open up groove IP and enter your gmail account ....
This is the way I did. I chose to have a seperate number ....not sure if you can keep the same one.
Its free for me ....don't think u got to pay 20$

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You only have to pay $20 if you want to use your current virgin mobile number with groove IP.

Otherwise it's free to use the Google voice number your issued, but if people called the virgin mobile number then it won't go through groove ip

Reactions: notufatjesus

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You only have to pay $20 if you want to use your current virgin mobile number with groove IP.

Otherwise it's free to use the Google voice number your issued, but if people called the virgin mobile number then it won't go through groove ip

Also I might be wrong but, if you port your number to google grooveip will be worthless to you.

The way grooveip works people call your google voice number then grooveip picks the call up and uses your data connection to receive the call. Therefore it doesnt use your plan minutes. If you port your number to google then your phone will ring when people dial the google number. Grooveip relies heavily on your google number not ringing your phone. That is why you have to change the setting in google voice to forward to gchat. Otherwise it will not work properly.

Do not port your number. Sign up for google voice get a number that is within your area code if possible. Give that number to everybody and have them call it. Then setup GrooveIP the standard way. Just make sure you have good wifi and or 3g service when trying to use GrooveIP. I have found it is hit or miss with my 3g and on wifi I never could get the delay ironed out. Most people would hang up because of the delay. Plus if Im at home I would rather them leave a vm on my phone and then I just return the call via google voice.