Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all AndroidCentral members. I have a problem.... I installed a custom recovery fro ROM manager and i flashed clockwork recovery. i booted into recovery and nothing happed to like a dumbass i did a factory reset from the settings menu on my optimus v. So after that i rebooted my phone and it wouldnt reboot it would just go straight to a black screen. It does this with Fastboot Mode, Hboot Mode, Recovery Mode and Normal Reboot. I need to find a way to enable USB Debugging through Adb. Heres a video that i made of what its doing.....

LG OPTIMUS V BRICK!!!! HELPP - YouTube

Any ideas are welcome!!
Thanks!!!:'(

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
wow dude.

you jumped headfirst into an area you had no idea what you were doing.

I guess Rom Manager should be partly to blame, for hosting broken files that brick phones. but you really should have come on to SOME android forum and do a whole lot of reading before you attempted anything. everyone would have told you to AVOID rom manager and tell you the correct way to do it.

as for how to fix the phone as it is now? no idea.

I would say use LGNPST software to restore the phone from emergency mode. it completely fixed what I thought to be a total brick of my LG Vortex. except.... the Optimus V files arent available online.

the process is very simple, but without the official LG repair files for the LGNPST software, your outta luck.

there are several "how to unbrick" threads on this site from doing a factory reset. look for them in the roms section of the OV forums. one of those can help you.

be sure to READ and dont RUSH into things and maybe you can save your little phone

Reactions: TheQuickShocker

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
IF ADB still works, you can flash a recovery through there.

If ADB does not work, you are pretty much done as far as I know.

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The only thing i dont get is whats the command that i put in to flash the recovery/rom? is there a certain mode my phone should be put in?? and whenever i thry to flash a new recovery it says that its not found.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
open command prompt as administrator in win7, "cd" to the adb directory, run adb.exe, if device is connected you should see scrolling stuff then when it stops youll be ready to go.

I dont know the commands but I believe the process involves putting the recovery and "flash_image" on the sd card, and through ADB you can do everything by remounting the needed partitions and directing the phone to use the flash_image file on the sd to finish the job.

someone with better ADB skills can show you the code, I know what I had to enter for my vortex but it might not work for you if the partitions are different and if your phone cant read its own SD, i know theres a way to do it but if I post these commands it could possibly mess your phone up further.

LGNPST would fix your problem pretty quick but i cant find the .dll and .tot files for the OV

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's the adb commands.
Takenover83 said:
Quote:

adb remount (It should say remount succeeded.)
adb shell
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for device sometimes will connect after a short time. One thing you can do is while it is saying that, pull your battery and unhook the usb cord, now plug in the usb cord, if it doesn't connect shortly after, press the power button and see what it does, try again with the battery.

If that still fails to connect, it's toast.
Here is why.

Had you stopped and read up after it went blank, you would have been fine. At this point only the recovery was damaged and it's an easy fix with a working rom. However, at this point, you wiped out the rom in the absolute worst way possible. A way known to not only DESTROY the rom, but also the recovery. There is almost no way of knowing the state of either. The idea is that one backs up the other, so long as one system works, you can almost always, easily repair it.

I know of one person who recovered from something similar, but not to this extent and it took quite a long time and quite a few experts to get it to happen.

My advice is go buy a new phone, it will take you less time to earn the money than it will to actually fix it.

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for device sometimes will connect after a short time. One thing you can do is while it is saying that, pull your battery and unhook the usb cord, now plug in the usb cord, if it doesn't connect shortly after, press the power button and see what it does, try again with the battery.

If that still fails to connect, it's toast.
Here is why.

Had you stopped and read up after it went blank, you would have been fine. At this point only the recovery was damaged and it's an easy fix with a working rom. However, at this point, you wiped out the rom in the absolute worst way possible. A way known to not only DESTROY the rom, but also the recovery. There is almost no way of knowing the state of either. The idea is that one backs up the other, so long as one system works, you can almost always, easily repair it.

I know of one person who recovered from something similar, but not to this extent and it took quite a long time and quite a few experts to get it to happen.

My advice is go buy a new phone, it will take you less time to earn the money than it will to actually fix it.

Thank you LeslieAnn, I didn't know enough to explain it all to TheQuickShocker.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
hey im new to roms and recoverys etc. and i installed a few roms on my optimus v and i followed the instructions on a thread,i dont recall wich one, but i wiped data,cache,and dalvik cache,but i forgot to make a backup. when i went to install the rom,it gave me a long message saying that there was an error in the zip file type 0 or 7 intsallation aborted. Now when i try to start my phone it dosent start its stuck at the lg logo and it can only go to clockwork mod recovery. I tried everything from new roms to trying to flash the recovery with command prompt. I dont know what else to do and i cant get another one.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Backup your card, put it in the phone, format it, now download a fresh rom to it, and run an MD5 check on the file on the SDcard. The tips section of Harmonia 2 has a link to a guide on MD5. If it passes the MD5 check, try and flash it and see what happens.

Do not re-flash your recovery, if you kill that, you will have a lot more trouble fixing things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech