Fastest rom to use ICS theme on?

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Im using the IHO backside rom on mine, and my gf's phones, and i just recently found a good ICS theme for theme chooser. Im just wondering which rom would be the best for doing this as far as speed because i noticed that a rom such as harmonia runs smoother probably because its simpler, but couldnt ijust use a theme chooser theme on that?.

I did notice at one point i had Launcher Pro or something like that installed and when i was using that instead of ADW it was running alot smoother, like when opening the app drawer, the icons moving around moved alot smoother and didnt seem to skip any frames. idk, i guess what i want is it to just ook like ICs but be quicker, i might try thaunknownartist one but idk :p thoughts?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Im using the IHO backside rom on mine, and my gf's phones, and i just recently found a good ICS theme for theme chooser. Im just wondering which rom would be the best for doing this as far as speed because i noticed that a rom such as harmonia runs smoother probably because its simpler, but couldnt ijust use a theme chooser theme on that?.

I did notice at one point i had Launcher Pro or something like that installed and when i was using that instead of ADW it was running alot smoother, like when opening the app drawer, the icons moving around moved alot smoother and didnt seem to skip any frames. idk, i guess what i want is it to just ook like ICs but be quicker, i might try thaunknownartist one but idk :p thoughts?

Speed wise, the iho roms are all the same. Like you said harmonias a bit more stripped down, but they will all be smooth, provided your overclocked to a decent speed (+700 MHz). Theunknownartists rom is also an iho based rom and is just pre-themed. So basically there's no right rom;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Considering the ICS theme only runs on GB, that pretty much leaves you with IHO anyhow since all the others are old and incomplete.

As for which IHO is fastest,
Let's use Mirage as the baseline. For heavy loads, Bobzhome may be a little faster in some cases, however, I suspect sometimes all those tweaks could work against you. Jerry's may have the same issue, all of those tweaks to the interface could slow you down a little. Harmonia is based on Mirage, but has so much removed and a different launcher it may be the faster of them all, overall. This has always been the case with my roms, no tweaking, just removing junk made them faster, but only so much.

Before anyone complains... Let me explain.
Please keep mind, given the same launcher, it will rarely, if ever be noticeable by you. Only a benchmark will really show any real difference between them. These roms are all extremely similar and the differences are slight. When I say Jerry's may be the slowest, I don't have any proof, this is just based on past experience with what happens when people start messing with them, same with Harmonia and that isn't to say they are sluggish. For all the tweaking Obijihn did on Bumblebee, it was hardly any faster in benchmarks than Harmonia was, yet he put a lot of effort into it, and some swore it was much faster. It is faster, but the return on investment I personally don't feel was all that great. As I have said many times before, that is not a dig at him, Jerry, or Bobzhome. I admire the work all of them have put in, they all make great roms and are great devs and they have my utmost respect.

Just use whichever you like, you won't see any real difference for the most part.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally like BobZhome's and Harmonia(Because built in Google Apps). I'm using ICS themed Harmonia as I type this. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk