Newbie Here with Tons of stupid Questions

sw1tchblade

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
iam new to the rooting phones.cant really understand some of the terms used but anyways,i just rooted my phone ova with gingerbreak v1.2 and now stuck with what to do.any suggestions on how to install any custom roms?or is there any stable custom roms for the optimus v at the moment?any tips and tricks for newbie like me?i know there is a big chance that i can brick my phone coz iam still new but any tips and tricks you can teach me to avoid bricking my phone?i can use every help i can find in here.one thing, i think i have flash clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.1 idk but i think thats important.hope you guys help me.thanks.

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
iam new to the rooting phones.cant really understand some of the terms used but anyways,i just rooted my phone ova with gingerbreak v1.2 and now stuck with what to do.any suggestions on how to install any custom roms?or is there any stable custom roms for the optimus v at the moment?any tips and tricks for newbie like me?i know there is a big chance that i can brick my phone coz iam still new but any tips and tricks you can teach me to avoid bricking my phone?i can use every help i can find in here.one thing, i think i have flash clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.1 idk but i think thats important.hope you guys help me.thanks.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Read as much as you can , till you understand it, also ready what people do wrong to brick there phones that way you wont follow the same steps. Try something that is popular"rom/recovery" make sure that its compatible with your optimus v """ ov 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 very important"""" and easy for you to try. Once you do that successfully, try different ROMS till you find the one you like, always reading carefully!!!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mate there is no stupid questions. Just redundant one.

I suggest reading as much as possible. And first and foremost please do not use Rom Manager to install a rom. It will only give you much heartaches.

Every person on the Optimus V forums will be willing to help as much as possible. Even the n00bs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77