aospCMod-VM670-20110601 wifi problem

huzuodian

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, running aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I can't get the wifi to work. I can tether, I'm using tether right now, but I can't connect to other wifi networks. When I turn it on, it stays on for about 10 seconds before turning itself back off. Does anybody know what's going on?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, running aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I can't get the wifi to work. I can tether, I'm using tether right now, but I can't connect to other wifi networks. When I turn it on, it stays on for about 10 seconds before turning itself back off. Does anybody know what's going on?

Hi I'm running the blah blah blah version of jerryscripts rom and I'm tired of hearing the compliants about this freakin wifi. :p

In all seriousness... its a bug dude, its happening to everyone

huzuodian

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm running that because I am new and that's the easiest ROM that i found to install. I just learned how to root my phone last week

@watskyhotsky
There's a lot of different roms on that site, suggestions?
And idk what OV means

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm running that because I am new and that's the easiest ROM that i found to install. I just learned how to root my phone last week

@watskyhotsky
There's a lot of different roms on that site, suggestions?
And idk what OV means

Use backside rom or harmonia 2. Best ones.

OV = Optimus V the phone your using ;)

Reactions: huzuodian

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
In the forum this is posted you'll see threads with [ROM] in front of the title. They are all based off a rom call IHO. Inferior human organs. The backside rom is located in the iho thread on the first page

The harmonia rom is stripped of everything possible, while the backside one contains a bunch of extra modification options which on the downside bloats it a little. Also backside uses adw launcher while harmonia uses gingerbread stock launcher;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Use backside rom or harmonia 2. Best ones.

OV = Optimus V the phone your using ;)

Not to be a jerk or anything... BUT, your recommending BACKside or Harmonia 2. Although it's there, let him decide, as not everyone has the same favorite. I get the feeling some devs feel bad when everyone picks 1 rom and never mentions the other.... :-\

Reactions: drm1992

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm running the blah blah blah version of jerryscripts rom and I'm tired of hearing the compliants about this freakin wifi. :p

In all seriousness... its a bug dude, its happening to everyone

Did you even take the time to read his original post? Im gonna go with no.

If you wanna be helpful in the community which you have been in the past I suggest taking two mintes and read the posts and understand what the hell people are saying. You are new here and as is evident from your reaction to the "Your phone will self-destruct in five seconds" comment in the IHO and the fact you dont know asopCMod is what started IHO.

Instead of posting your tired of hearing about this or that use the self imposed ignore feature every brain has installed, its not a app or addon the brain has it installed from birth. I find many times over I want to rip into people because the questions are so simple but I take two minutes and re-read the post and most of the time somebody has addressed it.

huzuodian I have to ask this you said asop mod was the easiest to install. Did you bother reading about that rom? Was the fact it was buried a couple pages behind the main page not a clue something about it was not right? Im not trying to be a arsehole Im pointing out even as a n00b you should never just install something because it looks easy. Do some research and reading it will save you from people like me and anthonycr.

If you really wanted the easiest rom to install you would have looked at the entire rom section. However lets be honest here. You have heard CM7 or cyanogen mod roms in the media or from a friend and searched for "CM7 Optimus V" that rom popped up you became happer than a puppy with two peters and almost wet yourself. Installed it and now you are having problems and want help.

Im glad there are people within the Optimus V community that are willing to help the short bus people because honestly Im growing tired of it. The mods here refuse to remove the links or archive the thread because it is the number one result in google and it generates traffic. However if they would just delete all link for downloading from the first three pages of that thread people would still post asking where to get that rom. And instead of the community having to walk people back out of a dilapidated rom we could be helping them with the IHO rom.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a jerk or anything... BUT, your recommending BACKside or Harmonia 2. Although it's there, let him decide, as not everyone has the same favorite. I get the feeling some devs feel bad when everyone picks 1 rom and never mentions the other.... :-\

Do you have some alternatives? He's a noob so he didn't really know where to go.

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My advice would be to move to any of the current ROM's because they offer support unlike aospCMod which is all but dead.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Sometimes I get sad when that happens :( not really
I think the real issue is that the moderators should delete old threads that do (several of mine included) but they/he/she won't

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
To honest Bobzhome and mrg666 rom are really fast and quick so please don't leave them out, Like if there Rom's were OUTDATED, pluse you wouldent be happy if I ignore you!!!!! Would you?
he/she can choose witch ever one they desire:) if you don't want to update every week don't flash backside" no offence Jerry your one of a kind with all your status bar options!! ;)"" Hormonia it's fast but the other Rom's are a little faster " no offence leslieann your MY favorite rom!!!:) running Hormonia 2.03!!!
!!!!!!!!!!...thanks to all the dev we have more than 2 OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

huzuodian

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried backside and it looks good, so I'm going to keep it. I read some forum posts on aospCMod (I just picked the best looking google results, never browsed any one forum extensively) and they all seemed okay, so I followed one of them. I didn't even know about the library of up to date roms on github.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
To honest Bobzhome and mrg666 rom are really fast and quick so please don't leave them out, Like if there Rom's were OUTDATED, pluse you wouldent be happy if I ignore you!!!!! Would you?
he/she can choose witch ever one they desire:) if you don't want to update every week don't flash backside" no offence Jerry your one of a kind with all your status bar options!! ;)"" Hormonia it's fast but the other Rom's are a little faster " no offence leslieann your MY favorite rom!!!:) running Hormonia 2.03!!!
!!!!!!!!!!...thanks to all the dev we have more than 2 OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

Each rom has its own special features. Jerry tries to add alot of customization. Mrg keeps his close to the CM7, BobZhome supercharges his build with a script, and Launcherpro. Leslieann keeps her build close to stock 2.3 with bloatware removed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: huzuodian

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR