my data speed sucks or doesn't work at all

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
A lot of info around about getting better 3g. As usual - I'm looking for a short cut to reading all the thousands of posts. Sorry I'm lazy. Can someone give me the "cliffs notes" on prl and or supercharger? Do you think either of these is something I should try in order to have actually usable internet?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Could just be bogged down internet, however changing prl might help, BUT there is definitely no cliffnotes about it, it can't be boiled down amymore than the post here... bon voyage! ;)

Reactions: Dave Begue

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Changing your prl is probably going to be the best solution. But its not going to be a night and day difference. Ive changed my prl atleast 10 times to various different ones. I have not seen a huge difference. Most people will not see true 3G speeds until Virgin is allowable to use the full Sprint network. Currently we are getting the sloppy seconds of the network.

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to VM. My 3G has always been barely usable or nothing at all.

at home - my 3g works ok - though I've never done a speed test or anything. It seems similar to my home wifi. At work however - where I would really use my phone internet the most, it's practically useless. I tried the cell ranger repeater, it boosts my bars for phone use, but only shows 1x available-never 3g. If I stand by the window (by the way my boss LOVES this) I can intermittently get 3g in combination with 1x and can sometimes actually open a web page. Downloading an app is not going to happen... Yep I would like some cheese with this whine... and send a whaaambulance!

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you're not connecting through wifi while at home?

In the back room at home the wifi signal is weak - so when I'm in there I turn off wifi and 3g works ok. If I go in the front room by the router then the wifi is better so I use it. I use the power widget buttons to switch back and forth between wifi and 3g. I guess I will be doing some reading up on PRL threads in the hopes that there is a better tower near my work that I'm currently not getting to use?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
In the back room at home the wifi signal is weak - so when I'm in there I turn off wifi and 3g works ok. If I go in the front room by the router then the wifi is better so I use it. I use the power widget buttons to switch back and forth between wifi and 3g. I guess I will be doing some reading up on PRL threads in the hopes that there is a better tower near my work that I'm currently not getting to use?

Check sprints coverage map to see how good the service should be for sprint phones, that may be some indication of the maximum service you could get.

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
tried prl switching with no success. Windows Vista home premium. phone failed to answer. tried it numerous different ways in recovery, not in recovery. Funny thing is when I use device manager for the port number there are two ports being used by LG devices usually 6 and 7 or also 8 and 9. any thoughts?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
tried prl switching with no success. Windows Vista home premium. phone failed to answer. tried it numerous different ways in recovery, not in recovery. Funny thing is when I use device manager for the port number there are two ports being used by LG devices usually 6 and 7 or also 8 and 9. any thoughts?
Are you on stock?
If not what rom and recovery are you using?

People have said they couldnt do prl changes while using IHO/CM7. I can confirm this. I flashed back to my stock nanadroid and booted into recovery and was able to do this. Others have been able to do this with the phone off.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have a stock nanadroid from when you bought he phone back up your current setup. Flash the nanadroid, boot into the phone and see if qpst will read the phone. If not boot to recovery, then try powered off.

Also on your computer in device manager select ports, then the lg serial port connection. Right click go to properties. then select port settings then on that menu click on advanced. Change the port to 1 or 2. That sometimes is the issue qpst will not read the phone on any other port besides 1 or 2.

If all this fails, the sticky from mmarz has a link to the xionia CWM port. Flash that and try accessing via that recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae