1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't use rom manager

Sent from my LG-VM6 Don't use rom manager! Its not fully compatible with our phones. use this guide for flashing. [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If you use rom manager and get the black screen go here
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=113762
    Last edited by pbailey212; 02-07-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

P.s. thanks whyzor for the simple instructions

Android in training

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Don't use rom manager

Rom Manager has been good to me

ROM
    Changes Daily

Rom manager on the older optimus v with novatec screens will work but on the newer Hitachi screens running android 2.2.2 it will result in a blank screened recovery and possibly rom. On top of that rom manager is distributing work that is not theirs. The IHO roms on rom manager were not submitted by the devs that made them and for all we know could have viruses. Bottom line is there are guides on here and other forums to flash roms without rom manager and avoid possibly softbricking your phone. If you feel you know better then this or other Communities then go ahead but don't get mad when your back here crying about you phone won't boot past the lg logo and people are reluctant to help

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

So i used rom manager and somehow updated to the newest version and now when i get into cwm recovery its a black screen.. Any ideas?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Also people are using it to flash recovery and its putting cwm 5x on their phones and it doesn't work at all with our phone

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by FreakAphex View Post
    So i used rom manager and somehow updated to the newest version and now when i get into cwm recovery its a black screen.. Any ideas?
    [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    SLICKMod

Would it really be that hard to have it check for support on installation?

Sent from next year on my CM 10ed G-mobile Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Thanks for this info. I have one of each phone, my old Novatec and a new Hitachi one for my husband. I almost learned the hard way when I got his and loaded Backside in it for the first time. I didn't know the two were different. My install & updates have gone thru with only minor problems. ( I do PC's and I'm still a noob with these phones ). I thought I bricked it. He uses his for work and has tons more stuff than I do. I found your post and that helped. They are DIFFERENT PHONES and I can't treat them the same. I am more thorough in my research now. NICE INFO THANKS !!