day 4 of BACKside cyanogenmod

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
overall i freaking love this ROM, 9999999999 x better than original, actually i showed a few of my friends who have high end devices, (but aren't really techy) and they were amazed with all the customization!!

got the CPU set to 480-764 mhz (smartassv2) runs great

battery life lasts from the time i get out in the morning around 8 til aobut after dinner time, (if i go out the night i charge it)

and the amazing thing, i seem to charge from 5% - 100$% in like 2 hours or less!

only thing i wish was i got better VM signal on my campus, but its legit when im out and about,

also the wifi seems to suck sometimes (but i think its our campus wifi fault) and the fb app worked good the first day, but is lame again - but i hear that complain from all android users

all in all...:D

thinking later on i want to get a used nexus s (GSM) with t-mobile (50$ prepaid plan monthly)

would that be a good idea? i hear the nexus series are PIMP with cyanogenmod, but idk if i would feel safe modding a expensive phone O_O

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
some phones take mods easier than others.

take the OV for example, you know how you had to root, then do a bunch of commands to flash the recovery?

on other phones the process is different. the motorola triumph for example. no root no nothing, boot into a special mode, connect to PC, and drag the new recovery into the folder and done. flash a rom with it same way as CWM on the OV.

i think samsung phones are pretty locked down but you can pick up a Galaxy or Nexus s for an ok price.

Id definately go with a nexus if you can find one. if you think CM7 is cool wait till you try MIUI on one of its supported devices (high end phones only)

running it on my triumph and it blows cm7 away

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
some phones take mods easier than others.

take the OV for example, you know how you had to root, then do a bunch of commands to flash the recovery?

on other phones the process is different. the motorola triumph for example. no root no nothing, boot into a special mode, connect to PC, and drag the new recovery into the folder and done. flash a rom with it same way as CWM on the OV.

i think samsung phones are pretty locked down but you can pick up a Galaxy or Nexus s for an ok price.

Id definately go with a nexus if you can find one. if you think CM7 is cool wait till you try MIUI on one of its supported devices (high end phones only)

running it on my triumph and it blows cm7 away

My Galaxy S4G was very similar to the way you did your Triumph. Go into download mode and use the Samsung version of sbf and transfer the files. Pretty much impossible to hard brick with tools available to flash the software back. Main reason I was always worried about flashing the Optimus no way to get back to true stock.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry has no protection really, you just delete a file on your computer, then install what you want through their desktop software (yes, you can "rom" a Blackberry).

My Evo was pretty simple too, copy a file to the SD (Superuser), install the drivers, run a program on the computer, boot into recovery and flash the file you copied. Done.

The OV was much more difficult, back in the old days, we had to actually TYPE!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair