(ICS)CM9, Now 3g!

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
We really need to decide on a community gapps. So we can all be on the same page. I'm fine with removing all the gaps and leaving market in, then making all the other gapps available for separate download, but I'm not yet sure what kind of effect that would have on the ROM..

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My advice if you do that would be just do it like Harmonia, install the background files, email, Gmail and Market, everything else is downloadable.

While leaving both email and Gmail in means one is almost always a waste, if you leave out email or Gmail, you can't setup Market unless you use one of whichever you include. Leaving out Gmail means you have to use some other email address, and leaving out email means you could only use Gmail. Leaving out both means you can't setup Market.

Also, make sure everything is up to date, since there you have to make the most used of the space you have.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My advice if you do that would be just do it like Harmonia, install the background files, email, Gmail and Market, everything else is downloadable.

While leaving both email and Gmail in means one is almost always a waste, if you leave out email or Gmail, you can't setup Market unless you use one of whichever you include. Leaving out Gmail means you have to use some other email address, and leaving out email means you could only use Gmail. Leaving out both means you can't setup Market.

Also, make sure everything is up to date, since there you have to make the most used of the space you have.

Hmm.. well I wasn't figuring on debating the email thing, because I personally don't use email, just gmail. But then again, you can't satisfy everyone nowadays :)

Anybody know what googletts is? And if it has that big of an effect? It seems to be taking up the most space..
I'm going to leave all the setup wizard (which is crap in my opinion, only works half the time coming from a fresh install) stuff, and basically other things that are necessary.
I first need to find out what are necessary and what aren't. of course :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
TDM/ICS/CM9/Harmonia 3 Pre-Alpha

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, it is TDM's rom, I'm just making it easier for those who can't do it themselves.
No guarantees as I haven't even tested this, but it should work fine, as always, BACKUP. This is very much not ready for prime-time, hence the pre-alpha status.

Download
Md5:5ed6013e3827558328cf8473f841aecf
With Gapps it's still 7 megs smaller (compressed) than the download on page 1 without Gapps.
Shaved approximately 25+ megs from the rom, and 10+ megs from Gapps decompressed.

To install:
Be sure to wipe system, boot, dalvik, and the factory restore/reset in recovery.
Gapps is not needed.

Setup is the same as my other roms; the basics, nothing more.
This details exactly all I have done so others can follow it.
Includes:
Gapps essentials, Gmail, Email, Market *

Removed:
media/Boot animation
media/video
Languages other than English and Spanish
Removed wallpaper from framework (one is still left in launcher, saves 300k, could reduce that as well for another 300) <--- !!!
cmstats
development
gallery
Holo spiral wallpaper
live wallpapers
magic smoke wallpapers
spare parts
videoeditor
visualization wallpaper

Note: Gallery, DSP, and Voice recorder can be removed. If you remove voice, all speech stuff may not work.

*From Gapps for everything to work you need (and I used)...
System/apps:
Gmail (can be removed)
GoogleBackupTransport
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
GoogleFeedback
GoogleLoginService
GoogleQuickSearchBox (can be removed)
GoogleServicesFramework
GoogleTTS
MarketUpdater (can be removed, but could cause problems)
MediaUploader
NetworkLocation
Vending
VoiceSearch (can be removed)

From other folders, you need everything else.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe to remove? Does anybody here use that? Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Should be safe, but could do some damage to other voice stuff.
If you pull that, you could probably pull voicesearch and voice recorder as well. It's unknown what all this stuff is hooked into, so make backups.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I was trying the TDM alpha update 3g \durring the update i got Random offset: 0x8a
it updated, but I didnt leave recovery just to be safe.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Leslie! Just to be sure, we don't have to flash gapps with your modified build?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Time to update your signature, LeslieAnn :p

tyvm for this and everyone else thanks as well

Ill do some testing and see how i could help :D

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok been testing the second build slimmed down all night and for me this pure awesomeness. Once again, thank you to all the devs. Only bugs I've had are the radio bug after boot and reboot (test menu switch off and on to fix). One time had to toggle 3g itself in settings to fix (could just be phone). FC's for some apps (expected). And phone becomes a hand warmer when charging (probably just the phone again). All in all a very impressive first build.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Leslie! Just to be sure, we don't have to flash gapps with your modified build?

You do NOT need Gapps with it.

@Leslie, do you mind me adding you to the OP? :p

If you do, please make sure to state that it's a modified TDM rom and very alpha.
I don't want to steal anything from TDM (or anyone else), it's his work, I just sprinkled it with the Harmonia pixie dust.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Man... last time i logged in, all we had was a flashable ROM without Market, or working phone.
I come back and all of that is somewhat working.
Thanks & awesome work to those working on this.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks leslie for removing the bloat and intigrating gapps. Can I request one with the generic.kl gannon posted a few pages back. Its nice to have Home and settings back where they belong. I've already replaced it on mine but I'm sure others would appreciate it

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There are already two or three ICS roms out there for us to choose from, and we've only had ICS for a few days... which do I choose:confused:

;)