[GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)

Ranvir Sahota

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My Hauwei U8180 is in a boot loop form Clockworkmod Recovery when I go to reboot recovery it gets to the the logo and stays there for a while but then goes back to ClockWorkmod recovery. When I do a hard reset the first stage is successful but the second is a fail and it says update fail. When I attempt to install a zip card form the sdcard it says no file found. I can backup, restore and advanced restore. Can anyone help me please? I really need help

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Wrong forum wrong thread see the thread you created in the Optimus S section for my reply and please try to avoid this type of double posting

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

Gena Kukartsev

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I'm still using my now 3-year-old OV but it is getting slower (I guess the apps become more demanding?) even with the custom ROMs. Any advice on what to do to keep it at reasonable performance level? I don't really need frills, I'd rather have the fastest-possible running phone with some basic functionality and occasional app or game (the latter is optional). Really, I want the basic functionality to work without delays. Just recently I missed an incoming call even though I had the phone in my hands simply because I was listening to a podcast, and it took longer than the call length to pick it up - ridiculous!

I just installed the recent Mirage ROM, before that I also had a cyanogen-based ROM, forgot which one. The new one seems to be working a little faster but still I wonder if there're settings I am not using or evil apps that need to be removed? I am using Link2SD too, and I even upgraded the SD card to class 6 (had class 4 before that). I gotta say I did not notice any difference, and people say that classes above 6 don't really improve when used for this purpose.

Any advice on how to squeeze out the most speed/performace out of the old OV?

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am also still running my 3 year old V with the MiRaGe Rom. Still running original battery and original sd card, if anything, my v has gotten faster and smoother runnin mirage.

I have cpu set at 480 min and 806 max with interactive gov. I just keep it clean with Sd Maid and when ram gets below 50% i use Fast Reboot to give me a boost of ram.

Both apps found in the playstore.:)

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Most people are extremely confused about the class number.
The class number is only the write speed designation. The higher the class number the faster the write speed. Not quality, or read speed.

The best micro SD card for our V is the Sandisk class 4 micro SD card. It has a read speed of 40MB/s.
Read speed is the most important for an android phone. The higher the read speed, the faster the SD card contents are read during bootup. The higher the read speed the faster apps that are on the SD card open up. The higher the read speed the better video on the SD card plays.

You can get a Sandisk class 4 micro SD card from WalMart for anywhere from $12.00 on sale to $20.00 normal price.

To make the MiRaGe smoother and faster install the entropy.zip using the BobZohme VM670NH_recovery.img or the ClockworkMod Touch Screen recovery.
To make sure it installed properly look in: /system/etc/init.d
You should see a file: 10entropy

Go here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...37-treak-entropy_n_rngd-tool.html#post2542536
You want the one for the MiRaGe ROM (don't worry about the build number).

For better 3G connections go to /system/etc/sysctl.conf
Add this:
Code:
# sysctl.conf file
vm.overcommit_memory = 1
vm.panic_on_oom = 0
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 0
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 90
vm.dirty_background_bytes = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1

For faster GPS locks go to: /system/etc/gps.conf
Delete everything in it and add this:
Code:
NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE
INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
DEBUG_LEVEL=0
ACCURACY_THRES=3000
ENABLE_WIPER=1
CURRENT_CARRIER=common
SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=7276
SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7276
SUPL_PORT=7276
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
@AndyOpie150 ... i never knew about the 3g connection fix? Does it help?

When i go to /system /etc /sysctl.conf it's empty, nothing in it, is that even possible?

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry forgot to report back.
The 3g fix absolutely has helped, it connects right away, and now i almost always have 2 bars at home, before the fix ,i always only had 1 bar if it connected at all.

Thanks, i wish i had known about this along time ago. :p

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't seen that either. thanks.
Do you know of any ipv6 settings? that file is ipv4. the 3.08 kernel has ipv6 enabled and i doubt it's being used.

Unfortunately, I had stumbled onto those settings while forum cruising the big 3 at least a year and a half ago. No idea who original poster was of either one of those tweaks or what site I found them on.
I guess a little research will be required.
I know I stumbled on an ipv6 tweak for my computer, but haven't lost my balance anywhere near one for the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney