Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ehoser
  • 1 Post By Atmazzz
  • 2 Post By kcls
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did factory reset on a rooted phone.

Ok so, I have an LG Optimus V. Installed clockwork mod and a custom rom. Unknowingly you shouldn't do a factory reset on a rooted phone which i did. I turn my phone on and the LG logo appears then the screen goes blank. I have read a TON of threads about this all last night and i just cant seem to get this to work. I read a few threads about how you can recover it with adb or something through command prompt. I cannot get it into recovery mode either.

Default Re: Did factory reset on a rooted phone.

How is it unknowingly? Did you not read any of the threads here?

There are stickies up to help your cause. If you can get ADB working then you can fix your problem relatively easy by flashing a proper working recovery. Also note, read up next time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The problem was i didnt have internet at the time, i figured a factory reset would just set my phone back to how i bought it. Would it be possible for you to link me to a thread explaing how to flash it with ADB?

ROM
    CM7 BACKside

Try this thread:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thats the thing, my phone wont go into recovery mode

ROM
    CM7 BACKside

Read in that thread. He'll explain how to do a recovery with Terminal Emulator.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I know im sounding really noobish right now, but i cant do what he says because my phone wont even get past the LG logo it just goes directly to a blank screen

Is adb setup on your computer?

What happens when you completely power off your phone and then hold volume down + home and then press and hold power?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

adb is not on my pc, when i press and hold those keys the lg logo appears then goes away faster than normal and i get a blank screen. Just please help, i only have had this for phone a month and i cant return it

Install adb on your PC.
    Andrew2014 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Ok now what?

ROM
    CM7 BACKside

Try this to see the recovery menu while in black screen.

1. Install this:

2. Next

3. Now go to Install per the instructions there.

Droid@Screen will let you see the phone's recovery screen on the computer. You will need to have a ROM and a recovery on your SD card.

4. Download . It has Gapps in it so you won't need to flash that separate. Put it on your SD card.

5.Download this recovery. . Put it on your sd card.

6. Download . Put it on your sd card.

Boot to recovery so you get the black screen. Use Droid@Screen to wipe and format like you normally would before flashing a new ROM. There is some lag time with Droid@Screen so be patient. Flash the Harmonia ROM. Reboot.

When you get to your home screen, use a file manager to find and install FlashImageGUI.apk. Use it to select and install VM670NH_recovery.img

Hopefully now you will have a working phone again.
    Andrew2014 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Ok ill try this, Thanks so much for taking the time to help me
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Im having some trouble with Droid@screen, it wont like recognize my phone when i plug it in.

ROM
    CM7 BACKside

Did you get ADB and everything installed? Do you have USB drivers installed for the phone? When you click the droidAtScreen-0.5.1 file do you get the command window popup? With your phone plugged in, go to your ADB folder, open the platform-tools folder. Hold down the shift key, Right click in an open area there, choose 'open command window here', in the window type adb devices. It should give you your MEID number.
    Last edited by Atmazzz; 02-18-2012 at 03:42 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Exclamation Re: Did factory reset on a rooted phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2014 View Post
    Ok so, I have an LG Optimus V. Installed clockwork mod and a custom rom. Unknowingly you shouldn't do a factory reset on a rooted phone which i did. I turn my phone on and the LG logo appears then the screen goes blank. I have read a TON of threads about this all last night and i just cant seem to get this to work. I read a few threads about how you can recover it with adb or something through command prompt. I cannot get it into recovery mode either.
    Getting a new phone through an exchange ..Thread can be closed.

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2014 View Post
    Getting a new phone through an exchange ..Thread can be closed.
    Don't do that. YOU broke your phone, the manufacturer should not be the one to pay for your mistakes. This is why manufacturers and carriers lock down phones, so they don't have to pay for people who brick their phones and are to lazy to read and fix them.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    kenharkey7 and Topgonzo like this.

If ADB didn't work, you'll have to install the drivers. Again, you need to read through before you mess up your phone (again).

Future reference, you'll be able to flash a recovery through another recovery using adb. To get adb working in Windows you'll have to install your phone drivers.

It seems like a PITA under Windows. I downloaded and unzipped Gingersnap for Linux and adb was included. It just ran and found my phone with no trouble (except for the Ubuntu setup instructions.)

ROM
    BACKside-V6 Supercharged

#lolreadnexttime
    If I helped you out, the thanks button is right over there...

I rooted my android cell phone and then I uninstall some apps in my phone tried to save space. suddenly my phone frozen. I couldn't start it. then I made a factory reset. after reset the cell phone shows blank screen and on the top can see some status like wifi, power.I haven't install any recovery app and ROMs. I think I need flash my phone. I read a lot on the website about how to flash cell phone, till can't . some post said set usb debugging mode, problem is cell phone can't start how to set usb debugging mode. any idea ? please

ROM
    Changes Daily

Easiest way to fix it now will probably be to flash the zv9 update.zip from stock recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware