Did factory reset on a rooted phone.

Andrew2014

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, I have an LG Optimus V. Installed clockwork mod and a custom rom. Unknowingly you shouldn't do a factory reset on a rooted phone which i did. I turn my phone on and the LG logo appears then the screen goes blank. I have read a TON of threads about this all last night and i just cant seem to get this to work. I read a few threads about how you can recover it with adb or something through command prompt. I cannot get it into recovery mode either.

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
How is it unknowingly? Did you not read any of the threads here? :-$

There are stickies up to help your cause. If you can get ADB working then you can fix your problem relatively easy by flashing a proper working recovery. Also note, read up next time.

Andrew2014

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The problem was i didnt have internet at the time, i figured a factory reset would just set my phone back to how i bought it. Would it be possible for you to link me to a thread explaing how to flash it with ADB?

Andrew2014

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I know im sounding really noobish right now, but i cant do what he says because my phone wont even get past the LG logo it just goes directly to a blank screen

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Is adb setup on your computer?

What happens when you completely power off your phone and then hold volume down + home and then press and hold power?

Andrew2014

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
adb is not on my pc, when i press and hold those keys the lg logo appears then goes away faster than normal and i get a blank screen. Just please help, i only have had this for phone a month and i cant return it :(

Atmazzz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Try this to see the recovery menu while in black screen.

1. Install this: New pre-packaged ADB installation

2. Next Install Java

3. Now go to Droid@Screen Install per the instructions there.

Droid@Screen will let you see the phone's recovery screen on the computer. You will need to have a ROM and a recovery on your SD card.

4. Download Harmonia_2.03 ROM. It has Gapps in it so you won't need to flash that separate. Put it on your SD card.

5.Download this recovery. VM670NH_recovery.img. Put it on your sd card.

6. Download FlashImageGUI.apk. Put it on your sd card.

Boot to recovery so you get the black screen. Use Droid@Screen to wipe and format like you normally would before flashing a new ROM. There is some lag time with Droid@Screen so be patient. Flash the Harmonia ROM. Reboot.

When you get to your home screen, use a file manager to find and install FlashImageGUI.apk. Use it to select and install VM670NH_recovery.img

Hopefully now you will have a working phone again.

Atmazzz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you get ADB and everything installed? Do you have USB drivers installed for the phone? When you click the droidAtScreen-0.5.1 file do you get the command window popup? With your phone plugged in, go to your ADB folder, open the platform-tools folder. Hold down the shift key, Right click in an open area there, choose 'open command window here', in the window type adb devices. It should give you your MEID number.

Last edited:

Andrew2014

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, I have an LG Optimus V. Installed clockwork mod and a custom rom. Unknowingly you shouldn't do a factory reset on a rooted phone which i did. I turn my phone on and the LG logo appears then the screen goes blank. I have read a TON of threads about this all last night and i just cant seem to get this to work. I read a few threads about how you can recover it with adb or something through command prompt. I cannot get it into recovery mode either.

Getting a new phone through an exchange ..Thread can be closed.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Getting a new phone through an exchange ..Thread can be closed.

Don't do that. YOU broke your phone, the manufacturer should not be the one to pay for your mistakes. This is why manufacturers and carriers lock down phones, so they don't have to pay for people who brick their phones and are to lazy to read and fix them.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
If ADB didn't work, you'll have to install the drivers. Again, you need to read through before you mess up your phone (again).

Future reference, you'll be able to flash a recovery through another recovery using adb. To get adb working in Windows you'll have to install your phone drivers.

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a PITA under Windows. I downloaded and unzipped Gingersnap for Linux and adb was included. It just ran and found my phone with no trouble (except for the Ubuntu setup instructions.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1