Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....11-25-2012..Update

Can I install super superuser on this rom if so how do I without messing it up

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #402  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen30 View Post
    Can I install super superuser on this rom if so how do I without messing it up

Superuser.apk is already installed, if you Talking about SuperSU.apk, then no because it conflicts with IHOUpdater and MyBackupRoot.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #403  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

New kernel is available, see Kernel Change Log in first post for features and changes.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    New kernel is available, see Kernel Change Log in first post for features and changes.
    Can't find changelog

wound up having to reformat my 16gb SD card and partition it through recovery instead of through my PC. I think this will work now for getting the SD card to mount through recovery to flash updates. loving how zippy this rom is, and I like MtBackup Root... no more annoying OK buttons to push.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #406  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    wound up having to reformat my 16gb SD card and partition it through recovery instead of through my PC. I think this will work now for getting the SD card to mount through recovery to flash updates. loving how zippy this rom is, and I like MtBackup Root... no more annoying OK buttons to push.
    Thanks your for the positive feed back

@ ganggreen30 the Kernel Change Log is in the first post of the thread.

Thanks your for the positive feed back

@ ganggreen30 the Kernel Change Log is in the first post of the thread.
    EarthnFire its been so long since I flashed a kernel can u tell me what to do as in do I wipe cache and dalvik? Or what? Thanks.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #408  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

EarthnFire its been so long since I flashed a kernel can u tell me what to do as in do I wipe cache and dalvik? Or what? Thanks.

Just make a backup and flash, no need to wipe anything.
    Thanked by:

EarthnFire 2 questions 1 I already asked is why when I disable USB debugging my root apps don't work it has to stay on for them to work which is baaad! And second question is the new kernel dated 20121201? Thanks and please help me figure out the USB debugging bug. Not secure.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #410  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Update and OM-Mandylion is now stable release 7.2.1

EarthnFire 2 questions 1 I already asked is why when I disable USB debugging my root apps don't work it has to stay on for them to work which is baaad! And second question is the new kernel dated 20121201? Thanks and please help me figure out the USB debugging bug. Not secure.

There is no bug with USB debugging, the su binary requires debugging mood to be on for root access.

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-07-2012..Update

There is no bug with USB debugging, the su binary requires debugging mood to be on for root access.
    I've never heard of this b4 on any rom sorry.

Wrong..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #413  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    Wrong..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Use the same su binary that is found in OM-Mandylion in any CM7 IHO ROM and USB debugging is required. I use the ICS su binary version, which is larger, please do your research before telling anyone they are wrong, ChainsDD even makes note on this with most CM7 based ROMS using the update 3.1.1 (17) su binary.

Use the same su binary that is found in OM-Mandylion in any CM7 IHO ROM and USB debugging is required. I use the ICS su binary version, which is larger, please do your research before telling anyone they are wrong, ChainsDD even makes note on this with most CM7 based ROMS using the update 3.1.1 (17) su binary.
    I love ur rom don't get me wrong and I am using it but jerryscripts never had to.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

I love ur rom don't get me wrong and I am using it but jerryscripts never had to.

That's because Jerry's was using a older binary than this rom is using.
    Optimus V, Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101,
    Nexus 4 - CarbonRom, Nexus 7 - CarbonRom, and soon Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #416  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Another thing too, I build from source and could have changed the old su binary code to require USB debugging, though did not but use a prebuilt binary.
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Will try this later today. Lots of time as I'm mostly cleaning house and getting ready for Christmas. Hopefully not during the NY Knicks game, though! I've been using Harmonia and mrg666's ROMS forever... looks like this one continues along those tracks.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #418  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by daffy_duck_nj View Post
    Will try this later today. Lots of time as I'm mostly cleaning house and getting ready for Christmas. Hopefully not during the NY Knicks game, though! I've been using Harmonia and mrg666's ROMS forever... looks like this one continues along those tracks.
    I some was it does, most mrg666 since he was a big help with teaching me how to build a kernel. In about a hour and half well have a fix uploaded, the current one there is a file mismatch in the Settings.apk causing the wrong png images to be used; it does not cause any stability problems, but a mistake I made that needs fixing.

For some reason the screen rotation delays quite a bit. Any ideas?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #420  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

For some reason the screen rotation delays quite a bit. Any ideas?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    What apps are you using when the delay starts happening?

doesn't really matter... I use swiftkey as my keyboard... and it's slow in just about any app I use. just tested it out by changing to the stock keyboard and it's much bettert hat way... makes me sad a bit as I really like SwiftKey, but hate having almost a full second lag in the rotation if I use it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #422  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

doesn't really matter... I use swiftkey as my keyboard... and it's slow in just about any app I use. just tested it out by changing to the stock keyboard and it's much bettert hat way... makes me sad a bit as I really like SwiftKey, but hate having almost a full second lag in the rotation if I use it.
    Try using Swype, you cannot get it on the market so just Google it. This last few updates to Swiftkey seem to be more for the higher end android phones.

never have liked swype for some reason... I guess I'll just use the CM7 keyboard. it's not bad, just not as good as SwiftKey on predictive text.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #424  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Spent the last few days going through the code base and discovered that over the last few builds some of the fixes that are in the O/P were not included in the builds because of a repo sync mistake I made switch to a different Linux O/S. Because of this there were also coding problems in the last build, so I have pulled it, and uploaded a build with all the fixes in place.

Sorry for the incontinence everyone.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 12-10-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Thumbs up Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-07-2012..Update

Sent the last few days going through the code base and discovered that over the last few builds some of the fixes that are in the O/P were not included in the builds because of a repo sync mistake I made switch to a different Linux O/S. Because of this there were also coding problems in the last build, so I have pulled it, and uploaded a build with all the fixes in place.

Sorry for the incontinence everyone.
    Been running this since Saturday. I have installed the update. Just a few things... I initially installed apps using mybackup, but for some reason, using it gave me too many problems. I full wiped, then reinstalled user apps using Titanium Backup. Still found the whole thing too slow, so about a half hour ago, I tried the latest version of Jawz101's kernel, as that also has usb fast charge built in, and is similar to mrg666's kernel. I also installed Holo Launcher, which I was using with mrg's rom/kernel before.

I usually run my phone at 600-806 MHz, but I've been testing at 480-768 the last few days.

So far, so good with this ROM. You might want to let jawz101 fix your kernel so things run faster, or just include his in the next version of this ROM pack.

My fave feature so far is the script that expands internal memory to fully use sd-ext along with it. Gives me 1.9 GB total!

Thanks for building this ROM!
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast