Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #426  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-07-2012..Update

Quote Originally Posted by daffy_duck_nj View Post
    Been running this since Saturday. I have installed the update. Just a few things... I initially installed apps using mybackup, but for some reason, using it gave me too many problems. I full wiped, then reinstalled user apps using Titanium Backup. Still found the whole thing too slow, so about a half hour ago, I tried the latest version of Jawz101's kernel, as that also has usb fast charge built in, and is similar to mrg666's kernel. I also installed Holo Launcher, which I was using with mrg's rom/kernel before.

I usually run my phone at 600-806 MHz, but I've been testing at 480-768 the last few days.

So far, so good with this ROM. You might want to let jawz101 fix your kernel so things run faster, or just include his in the next version of this ROM pack.

My fave feature so far is the script that expands internal memory to fully use sd-ext along with it. Gives me 1.9 GB total!

Thanks for building this ROM!
    My kernel has different governors and is also based on mrg666 kernel, all the governor except SavageZen and Performance should be set to 122-recommend no higher then 806. Well have to make a not on that in the O/P.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

What do we do about gapps/playstore? I tried flashing the 20110828( I believe) & got some kind of Android setup process error
    this is not mentioned in the OP. different G apps version or what?
    MyBackup route does not save anything Google related only downloaded apps
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #428  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    What do we do about gapps/playstore? I tried flashing the 20110828( I believe) & got some kind of Android setup process error
    this is not mentioned in the OP. different G apps version or what?
    MyBackup route does not save anything Google related only downloaded apps
    The Gapps have been modified for a smaller install, which one of the Gapps apps were you looking to install?

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Well the play store for one....also voice which I believe I had saw.
    when I hit the play store icon, says either application not found or not installed.
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-09-2012..Update

Status bar looks so dark, and the battery meter is to big

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #431  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Well the play store for one....also voice which I believe I had saw.
    when I hit the play store icon, says either application not found or not installed.
    Use a root File Manager and delete the Vending.apk and/or the vending.apk that maybe in the system and try flashing the Gapps again, after wiping the cache and delvik-cache.

Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    Status bar looks so dark, and the battery meter is to big

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    The Status Bar is stock have not done anything with it to theme it, and yes the battery matter is a little big; if I made it any smaller it would be hard to read.
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    My kernel has different governors and is also based on mrg666 kernel, all the governor except SavageZen and Performance should be set to 122-recommend no higher then 806. Well have to make a not on that in the O/P.
    One other thing I should have noted earlier: the phone heats up more with your kernel. I can't figure out what it is exactly. Perhaps it's trying to run more background processes, or I might not have used the best governor (?). My V is the first version that VMUSA released with the Hitachi screen, and it's on ZV4 baseband for the 3G/cell part.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #433  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

I'n running the ZV4 baseband as well and have the Hitachi (which is the new screen had to replace my LCD), if your V is not a refurbished then your screen would be the Novatek screen. Each Governor works fine, but with all but two well cause the processor to run hot and that may slow it down as well.

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Thank you for the quick response, as always. What ended up happening was, once I installed link2sd with the correct partition #, I had found that it was already frozen ! Needless to say, un froze it,touched it,& now looks as though ready to setup as soon as I get in a wifi spot
    Interesting...did not have to uninstall vending or reflash G apps btw. still keeping hopes up however
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #435  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Thank you for the quick response, as always. What ended up happening was, once I installed link2sd with the correct partition #, I had found that it was already frozen ! Needless to say, un froze it,touched it,& now looks as though ready to setup as soon as I get in a wifi spot
    Interesting...did not have to uninstall vending or reflash G apps btw. still keeping hopes up however
    Play Store comes pre-installed, but there is a problem with the signature causing it to not let other Google apps to sing into your Google Account. Well have this fixed next week, for now I'm working on an update for the Recoveries and the kernel.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Also, in your 12-09-2012 update, settings force closes in Cyanogenmod Settings -> Notification Widgets as soon as you hit it.
    groo79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    Also, in your 12-09-2012 update, settings force closes in Cyanogenmod Settings -> Notification Widgets as soon as you hit it.
    I've been having the same issue.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #438  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    I've been having the same issue.

The problem has be fixed in newest update, and some other things that I broke in the last build.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

The problem has be fixed in newest update, and some other things that I broke in the last build.
    Now Status Bar tweaks under Cyanogenmod Settings -> Interface is force closing upon opening >_<

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-19-2012..Update

Would anything in the Rom somehow be preventing the YouTube app from signing me in? I just keep getting "there was an error" and it never signs me in.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #441  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Now Status Bar tweaks under Cyanogenmod Settings -> Interface is force closing upon opening >_<
    Damn-it fixed one thing and broke another

Would anything in the Rom somehow be preventing the YouTube app from signing me in? I just keep getting "there was an error" and it never signs me in.

The problem is with Google Play's key, thought I fixed it but turns out I was still using the wrong file again. I'm hoping to have something in the next 2 hours.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #442  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Everything is fixed this time I promise never try directly theming the Play Store app unless you want the system apps with the shared key to go dead, the problem with CMParts was one line in an xml file.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-20-2012..Update

Everything is fixed this time I promise never try directly theming the Play Store app unless you want the system apps with the shared key to go dead, the problem with CMParts was one line in an xml file.
    YouTube app still not signing in.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #444  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

YouTube app still not signing in.

How did you install the ROM, cause I'm not having a problem. Do you setup your Google account in Account & sync settings?

How did you install the ROM, cause I'm not having a problem. Do you setup your Google account in Account & sync settings?
    Well I flashed the update over the prior version. Do I need to do a clean install?

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #446  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Well I flashed the update over the prior version. Do I need to do a clean install?

Not need if you are using ZenGarden Recovery, doing it manually in recovery choice the "Format for Update" option, or with IHO Updater pick Automatic Install.
    Thanked by:
    notown 

Not need if you are using ZenGarden Recovery, doing it manually in recovery choice the "Format for Update" option, or with IHO Updater pick Automatic Install.
    Can't find "format for update" on the ZenGarden touch recovery, the regular one wouldn't install properly.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #448  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

There is a grammar typo it should say Wipe Data, but it says Wipe Date under that menu there are 4 options on how to format and/or wipe data.

Did not fix my YouTube issue, but deleted all data for my apps and system settings. I'm gonna try a clean install tonight.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #450  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

New kernel available with a revert of accelerometer sensor drivers, this should fix the delay problem and removed Intellidemand Governor for now until I fix the part of the code that was cause problems.
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast