Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
    SAMLOKA

Default Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-20-2012..Update

Hey E&F. I love your ROM, use it daily. But i gotta say. I dont really like the permanent blue dialer :P . i know its a stupid thing to bother you about but i cannot for the life of me change it lol . I want to use my own theme from UOT. The theme I use is green so it goes well with the stock colors on the dialer , problem is , UOT doesnt have dialer customization. Is there any way you can help me to get the stock dialer or another color like green? Please?!
    ̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з==(̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ ̿̿
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #452  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    Hey E&F. I love your ROM, use it daily. But i gotta say. I dont really like the permanent blue dialer :P . i know its a stupid thing to bother you about but i cannot for the life of me change it lol . I want to use my own theme from UOT. The theme I use is green so it goes well with the stock colors on the dialer , problem is , UOT doesnt have dialer customization. Is there any way you can help me to get the stock dialer or another color like green? Please?!
    You should talk to AnthonyCR believe he still hangs around here, he is the theming master. What you are talking about can be done with ThemeManageer and ThemeChoser, and all you need is a theme. There is away to do this with apktool and AnthonyCR is very good at that, better then me because I don't use it very much.
    Thanked by:
    notown 

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

awww just when I thought everything was working correctly and I was setting up my fresh install of your 12202012 version, I found out lockscreen widgets aren't working. oh and I also found Application settings under Cyanogenmod settings force closes upon opening but it didn't bother me since I never changed anything there. However the lockscreen widgets function I use all the time

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-20-2012..Update

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Not need if you are using ZenGarden Recovery, doing it manually in recovery choice the "Format for Update" option, or with IHO Updater pick Automatic Install.
    Few things. Reverted to earlier version from my backup and used IHO Updater to install. YouTube still isn't working but I'll deal with that until I feel like doing a full wipe and install.

Also, the format for update option in ZenGarden hangs up and stops after clearing the cache but before clearing the dalvik cache. Not sure if that's what killed all my data before.

And I have the same crash as the previous poster.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #455  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    Few things. Reverted to earlier version from my backup and used IHO Updater to install. YouTube still isn't working but I'll deal with that until I feel like doing a full wipe and install.

Also, the format for update option in ZenGarden hangs up and stops after clearing the cache but before clearing the dalvik cache. Not sure if that's what killed all my data before.

And I have the same crash as the previous poster.

What version of the recovery are you using, cause it not really hanging if you using one from last week. I just do not write in enough UI feed back as to what is going on.

What version of the recovery are you using, cause it not really hanging if you using one from last week. I just do not write in enough UI feed back as to what is going on.
    Just downloaded and installed it 2 days ago.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #457  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Just downloaded and installed it 2 days ago.

I'm working on trying to figure out what is going on, and why apps using the shared key are dying when updating from an earlier version. Going to pull in a full repo source, but the source repository is down right now.

A fresh install does work, but should not be needed: this is really frustrating for like the last two weeks have shared nothing but crap

As for the recovery that is working fine and I did update it yesterday which does have more of a UI feed back, and well update it again in the New Years. Doing some major UI work, and trying to limit the touch function to just the buttons and not the whole screen.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #458  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Okay finally tracked down the problem after the sd-ext gets mounted the system apps data is to be moved over to the sd-ext/data_s folder, for some reason those are getting removed at boot killing most of the default system settings. I'm working on a fix now, hopeful this works.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #459  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Okay finally found out the problem with some system apps being killed when updating ROM, it turns out that something I had the recovery set to wipe was causing the problem. I'll release an update to the recovery tomorrow, and sorry everyone for the problem you have been having.

CMParts is fixed completely so no more force closing on anything, and well release an update tomorrow for the ROM as well.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM

another issue I noticed is when I change my brightness using the status bar and I turn off my screen, it reverts back to the brightness I had before. for example, my current brightness is at minimum. I use my finger and slide across the status bar to change it to maximum. I then turn off the screen. I turn the screen back on and the brightness is back to minimum for some reason when it should be at maximum.

Why when I first boot this newly flashed rom does it hang and loop at the android logo?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #462  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    another issue I noticed is when I change my brightness using the status bar and I turn off my screen, it reverts back to the brightness I had before. for example, my current brightness is at minimum. I use my finger and slide across the status bar to change it to maximum. I then turn off the screen. I turn the screen back on and the brightness is back to minimum for some reason when it should be at maximum.
    There has been a bug in that for a while, but when going thought the code yesterday I pulled in some more CM7 changes and it does not seem to be a problem anymore. I'll be releasing the full fix update later today.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM6 View Post
    Why when I first boot this newly flashed rom does it hang and loop at the android logo?
    Because of the way the sd-ext is mounted there needs to be an sd-ext partition in order to boot, otherwise it well not. I may rewrite the script sometime soon to allow boot without one.

There has been a bug in that for a while, but when going thought the code yesterday I pulled in some more CM7 changes and it does not seem to be a problem anymore. I'll be releasing the full fix update later today.

Because of the way the sd-ext is mounted there needs to be an sd-ext partition in order to boot, otherwise it well not. I may rewrite the script sometime soon to allow boot without one.
    Wait..dont make us not be able to have sdext. Cause that's all I can use.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

would this script work well for your ROM as far as sdext? I've had success with it before and I believe BobZ uses it for his ROMs. [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #465  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

ROM is Upddated 2012-12-24 build and all issues have been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    would this script work well for your ROM as far as sdext? I've had success with it before and I believe BobZ uses it for his ROMs. [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers
    There is already and sd-ext mount script used in the ROM, though sd-ext3 or sd-ext4 is required as posted in the OP and the INT2EXT ones are pretty similar to the one used in that it keeps the Radio on Internal data of the sd-ext.

There is already and sd-ext mount script used in the ROM, though sd-ext3 or sd-ext4 is required as posted in the OP and the INT2EXT ones are pretty similar to the one used in that it keeps the Radio on Internal data of the sd-ext.
    So if I have no SD ext, will it still boot loop after the update?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #467  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM6 View Post
    So if I have no SD ext, will it still boot loop after the update?
    For now yes, it going to take me a while to rewrite the script so that the auto mount of sd-ext still works and if no sd-ext partition then it well skill the mounting of it.

Did you update the recovery as well?

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #469  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Did you update the recovery as well?

Had to, cause the recovery is what was causing the problem. I had it set to erase a folder that cannot be erased if you are updating the ROM and not doing a fresh install. Recoveries version number is 1.7.0.1-T

Had to, cause the recovery is what was causing the problem. I had it set to erase a folder that cannot be erased if you are updating the ROM and not doing a fresh install. Recoveries version number is 1.7.0.1-T
    Used the prepare for update option. Everything seems to be working, but lost data on some apps. Also lost launcher settings. Not a huge deal, just thought I'd let you know.

Is the CPU rendering disabled like it is on the Mirage ROM? seemed to make that one a bit better, didn't see it on the original post.

[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

Hate to point this out, I know you just fixed a bunch of stuff and that all works really well now but the fast charge button is not showing in the notification power widget anymore.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #473  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Is the CPU rendering disabled like it is on the Mirage ROM? seemed to make that one a bit better, didn't see it on the original post.

[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

Just edited the OP to better show that it has been, it was reading more technical then it should have
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 12-26-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Well... Looks like I'm back again running the latest OM-Mandylion build once again. I bounce around a lot but always wind up back here. Keep up the great work EarthnFire78!

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #475  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Thanks thewraith420
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast