Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

Still a bit newbish so I'm in mass rom exploration stage lol Currently using illusion 2.3.7. Runs Netflix with far less lag than most which I like (gotsta watch my Walking Dead). Anywho, I always end up going back to OM-Mandylion after a bit. So I'm saying thanks much for the time you spend towards the great rom, and looking forward to what you may have in store in the future.

ROM
    IHO

Hi, my first time trying out this rom... not really sure which gapps to use. I tried downloading Cyanogenmod 7 version from but the main download isn't up anymore and the Mirror keeps giving me a corrupt file (when I try to install it ZenGarden reports a bad file). Can anyone link me to the correct gapps file please?

Default Re: Install and download info

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    If you are updating to the current OM-Mandylion Build please download and flash the first, o keep from having problems with some system apps being killed or now Functional Play Store.

Installation Instructions if coming from another rom
    1. Format sdcard from recovery and create an sd-ext partition, I recommand that the partition be no more then 10% of the total size of the sdcard.
    2. Download MyBackup Root from the Market and backup everything you need to. MyBackup Root comes pre-installed so it is easy to restore app and data backups.
    3. Make Nadroid Backup.
    4. Download ROM and place on the root of the sdcard.
    5. Boot into Recovery and format everything.
    6. Reboot and wait for phone to boot up.
    7. Go here to download the the recommended, pick the version to your liking and use IHO Updater to install the recovery. (this is optional, but recommended if you are going to use IHO Updater to update the ROM).
    ***** Using contradictory instructions like, placing ROM on root of the SDCARD, then afterwards formatting everything, is not good documentation. I found that I was heading down Brick Lane and actually got a soft brick. All is well now though. I backed out until later I might read all the comments to see what's happening.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Androcen View Post
    ***** Using contradictory instructions like, placing ROM on root of the SDCARD, then afterwards formatting everything, is not good documentation. I found that I was heading down Brick Lane and actually got a soft brick. All is well now though. I backed out until later I might read all the comments to see what's happening.
    It should read format everything but sdcard

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    Changes Daily

When I was on cai i enjoyed playing a game called osmosis hd. On both this and Mirrage play store tells me it's incompatible but the games requirements are met (android 2.2 and multi touch) I'm guessing it's something in the build.prop but i dont know. Any ideas?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Apparently play store movies is incompatible too but works on cai. That might just be it needs 4.0 but i couldn't find its requirements

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

E&F78, Should I download now or wait a couple days? Been on your Rom about the longest I've ever been on any Rom and its pretty awesome man. I would like to express my gratitude for all the work and skill you got into this. Thanks man!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
    notown likes this.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

I can't believe you got it down to 63 & half megs. Even more props to you!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Fast-Charge USB notification widget is missing for me as well.

Since it's the holidays, I'd also like to express my gratitude for this ROM. Of all the ROMs here, this ROM seems to be the slimmest yet is customized pretty specifically to what I'd like in a ROM. Thanks for all your work and happy holidays to E&F!
    OH one suggestion if I may, perhaps replacing Gallery with QuickPic would be nice since Gallery always seems to have issues on these phones haha
    notown and groo79 like this.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    OH one suggestion if I may, perhaps replacing Gallery with QuickPic would be nice since Gallery always seems to have issues on these phones haha
    I could be wrong, but I don't think QuickPic is open source.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #486  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think QuickPic is open source.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry it is Closed Source, and I'd rather keep Gallery because it unlike other Photo Gallery apps, Gallery links to Google Photo Albums. Do know there is a flash zip some where that replaces Gallery with QuickPic.

Side note, I'm working on a full ICS Recovery and it any one would like to help test it out that would be great, thank you

ROM
    Changes Daily

Sorry it is Closed Source, and I'd rather keep Gallery because it unlike other Photo Gallery apps, Gallery links to Google Photo Albums. Do know there is a flash zip some where that replaces Gallery with QuickPic.

Side note, I'm working on a full ICS Recovery and it any one would like to help test it out that would be great, thank you
    I sent you a PM I'd gladly test

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #488  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I sent you a PM I'd gladly test

Yup got it, well have something ready by tomorrow morning.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Hey, just a little update on my usage end of things...
    I still have a bit of an issue now with the latest update.
    did a clean wipe( even though it was just an update),installed 12/24, set up play, download ed apps, now... getting force closes on all downloaded apps. Got link to SD all set up with the correct partition.. tried reinstalling from backup..no luck
    what's happening here?!
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #490  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    Hey, just a little update on my usage end of things...
    I still have a bit of an issue now with the latest update.
    did a clean wipe( even though it was just an update),installed 12/24, set up play, download ed apps, now... getting force closes on. Got link to SD all set up with the correct partition.. tried reinstalling from backup..no luck
    what's happening here?!
    Don't use Link2SD because it conficts with the adx2sd script already used, and Link2SD well be installed on the sd-ext partition where it cannot live.
    Thanked by:
    notown 

ROM
    Changes Daily

^---+1 no need for link2sd because this rom uses sd-ext for downloaded apps already

ROM
    IHO

Also don't have Fast Charge in the notification bar (it was there when I first flashed it... can not get it to show anymore).
    Does anyone else get pretty bad battery drain? Even after calibrating twice, battery drops from 100 to 95 soon after unplugging and the battery drain from there continues.
    Other than that liking the rom so far! Great job, hopefully I can get these issues sorted out.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #493  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaguilar View Post
    Also don't have Fast Charge in the notification bar (it was there when I first flashed it... can not get it to show anymore).
    Does anyone else get pretty bad battery drain? Even after calibrating twice, battery drops from 100 to 95 soon after unplugging and the battery drain from there continues.
    Other than that liking the rom so far! Great job, hopefully I can get these issues sorted out.
    You may want to check for apps that are using data and see if they are syncing in the background. As for the FastCharge Notification that is a problem with some CyanogenMod updates to SysteUI app, I well post an update to fix it in a few days, but well most likely be a full install just to keep everything consistent.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    IHO

You may want to check for apps that are using data and see if they are syncing in the background. As for the FastCharge Notification that is a problem with some CyanogenMod updates to SysteUI app, I well post an update to fix it in a few days, but well most likely be a full install just to keep everything consistent.
    It's not my apps, they're the same I've used for two years now on many different roms, I'm thinking maybe I have a bad install.. or my battery is going bad? Anyways, what is normal battery drain on this rom? Under default CPU settings I get about 14 hrs with VERY light usage. I get much less if I actually use my phone. Another thing, my battery reading drops by 5 until it reaches 15%. I find that weird. Not hating on the rom, I really love it otherwise! Especially the built in ext support
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #495  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaguilar View Post
    It's not my apps, they're the same I've used for two years now on many different roms, I'm thinking maybe I have a bad install.. or my battery is going bad? Anyways, what is normal battery drain on this rom? Under default CPU settings I get about 14 hrs with VERY light usage. I get much less if I actually use my phone. Another thing, my battery reading drops by 5 until it reaches 15%. I find that weird. Not hating on the rom, I really love it otherwise! Especially the built in ext support
    The 15% thing is by design, also within the code from 100% to 15% the battery indicator is set 2% off on purpose, meaning that even if the battery is really at 57% it well read 55%. I use mine pretty heavily and get between 12 to 15 hours of usage.

What min max settings are you using?

ROM
    IHO

The 15% thing is by design, also within the code from 100% to 15% the battery indicator is set 2% off on purpose, meaning that even if the battery is really at 57% it well read 55%. I use mine pretty heavily and get between 12 to 15 hours of usage.

What min max settings are you using?
    My min/max is unchanged- min is 122 and max is 600. I've kept it above 600 for both in other roms and had great battery life.
    I just rebooted my phone and the battery went from 50% before to 20% after rebooting... strange! Maybe I should do a few more calibrations.

ROM
    Changes Daily

i'd run 480 min and as close to 800 as you can max. the way our processors work its been shown its more power efficient to overclock them. i run 480/804 and can get away without charging about the same as earthnfire 12-15 hours under pretty heavy use
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #498  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

[BOX][SIZE="3"]
    Because the kernel users governors from Linux kernel 3.xx.xx. the - max of 600 - 806 (or setting the min to 360 or higher) may cause the phone to seem slow. Conservative, IntellDemand or Interactive governors I recommend setting the min to 122Mhz; setting the min any high well most like cause frequency scaling problems.
    [/BOX]
    From the OP, the IntellDemand governor is the one I use while the battery darns at about a 3% - 6% faster when phone is in use, the governor allows for better deep sleep control. You may want to see what you "Time without Signal" is.
    SAMLOKA

E&F its been two days that i wake up with a phone force closing a million windows . I did a clean install on both. I changed recoverys although i doubt thats the case. Something about MIDs or something ? Im missing something here aint i?
    ̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з==(̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ ̿̿
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    OM-Mandylion/jawz101

Even though I'm using the Kyocera Rise as my main phone, I still have my old V with me. Will clean install this ASAP with the new recovery, ROM and kernel linked in this thread. Then I'll put a minimal set of apps so it starts up from boot quickly.
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast