Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #501  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    E&F its been two days that i wake up with a phone force closing a million windows . I did a clean install on both. I changed recoverys although i doubt thats the case. Something about MIDs or something ? Im missing something here aint i?
    What recovery are you using?
    SAMLOKA

It was the recovery you made? It has the option to install ics and the auto gapps . I don't think its the newer beta recovery but I could be wrong. I installed an older of the touch version of the recovery and it seems to be back and running.
    ̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з==(̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ ̿̿
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #503  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    It was the recovery you made? It has the option to install ics and the auto gapps . I don't think its the newer beta recovery but I could be wrong. I installed an older of the touch version of the recovery and it seems to be back and running.
    Use version 1.7.0.1-T the previews version I goofed on the what to wipe, but if you like test out the ICS version I well be releasing an update for it tomorrow and version 2.0.0.1-T of the Gingerbread recovery has well.
    Thanked by:
    notown 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #504  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Updated for the New Year.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

tried todl the 2013 version, it pointed to 12242012 version. thanks for the new year gift, cannot wait to test it.

bun

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-05-2013..Update

Working great so far. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: Install and download info

first time trying out this ROM. Questions.

1) When should I flash the vm670 kernel, before the ROM or after the ROM? I think it should be after the ROM.
    2) I am using CWM 4.0.1.5. How do I use/change to SenGarden Recovery? Can/should I use the flashimage.apk? or can I flash within CWM 4.0.1.5?
    3) Do I have to use any linkSD apps or the ROM takes care itself?

Thanks for the new year gift, read all the good reviews about it.
    TIA.

bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 01-05-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    Working great so far. Thanks for the update!

Where did you get the 2013 update? It kept pointing to the 20121224.zip

bun

Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Where did you get the 2013 update? It kept pointing to the 20121224.zip

bun
    It pointed at the right one for me.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #510  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Sorry about that, fixed the link error.

Specific changelog? Please? 4 new build

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

E&F: I dl the 2013 build. I flashed with the CWM4.0.1.5 and it booted. I did not flash the kernel. Everything runs, fast and smooth like silk. Thank you. However, I cannot download and install apps " cannot install due to error (921)". I suspect it is the SD-ext is NOT set up right. Any suggestions? And is it necessary to flash the kernel. and how to use the ZenGarden recovery? Thanks again,

Edit: I reflash the ROM and now error 921 resolved. Do I need to install kernel? And I also notice, now my baseband version changed from zv4 to zv5. Umm.....
    bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 01-06-2013 at 02:33 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #513  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

E&F: I dl the 2013 build. I flashed with the CWM4.0.1.5 and it booted. I did not flash the kernel. Everything runs, fast and smooth like silk. Thank you. However, I cannot download and install apps " cannot install due to error (921)". I suspect it is the SD-ext is NOT set up right. Any suggestions? And is it necessary to flash the kernel. and how to use the ZenGarden recovery? Thanks again,

bun
    Try clearing the Download Manager data and cache, Play Store data and cache, and Google Services Framework in Settings > Appications > All: after removing your Google Account in Account & Sync, then reboot the phone and and your account again.

Regardless if that works I do strongly recommend you update your recovery.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    T...Regardless if that works I do strongly recommend you update your recovery.
    How to update my recovery? TIA,

bun
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #515  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

How to update my recovery? TIA,

bun
    Thread for ZenGarden Recovery.

EARTHANDFIRE78 does your rom implement the sendRawpdu feature which is required for full features of hushsms app.? Thanks

Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

appreciate continued progress and updates but......
    Just ran the update from previous. What happened to Gapps/play store?! Why did everything I had setup previously get lost? All of the dock bar settings/apps and whatnot--completely GONE. I dod use MyBackup to restore apps, but why did this happen??
    PlayStore is gone and I did not flash a version of it because it was suppposed to have been included in your ROM as was previously...
    I'm using the correct recovery and only did a "prep for update" and wiped cache and delvik twice.
    Also, IHO updated is still giving me problems. I downloaded your update .zip via network onto SD
    Any ideas as to why these issues?
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

When you updated did you only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. If you wiped data, or formatted data (this wipes data as well), then it's then same as doing a factory reset. You return to a totally fresh ROM look with nothing of yours on it.

If you did ^ that and didn't flash the gapps then no playstore as well.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #519  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    appreciate continued progress and updates but......
    Just ran the update from previous. What happened to Gapps/play store?! Why did everything I had setup previously get lost? All of the dock bar settings/apps and whatnot--completely GONE. I dod use MyBackup to restore apps, but why did this happen??
    PlayStore is gone and I did not flash a version of it because it was suppposed to have been included in your ROM as was previously...
    I'm using the correct recovery and only did a "prep for update" and wiped cache and delvik twice.
    Also, IHO updated is still giving me problems. I downloaded your update .zip via network onto SD
    Any ideas as to why these issues?
    I'll look into, but it sounds like some left over code causing the problem. Just out of curiosity what problems is IHO Updater giving you?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    When you updated did you only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. If you wiped data, or formatted data (this wipes data as well), then it's then same as doing a factory reset. You return to a totally fresh ROM look with nothing of yours on it.

If you did ^ that and didn't flash the gapps then no playstore as well.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    There is a problem with Backup Restore saying complete, but really is not, so I'm thinking that there is some leftover code causing the errors. When the recovery is fixed I'll uploaded but keep the same version code.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #520  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen30 View Post
    EARTHANDFIRE78 does your rom implement the sendRawpdu feature which is required for full features of hushsms app.? Thanks

Google decapitated that back in Cupcake, so have not looked into adding it and most likely well not since it is not something that I would use or need.

Google decapitated that back in Cupcake, so have not looked into adding it and most likely well not since it is not something that I would use or need.
    It would be a great favor if u did if not to complicated :/

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #522  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Problem with recovery has been corrected.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.

ROM
    IHO

After updating to the newest recovery (as of about 6 hours ago) and using IHO Updater to dl and install the newest rom update I get this message upon rebooting- "System UIDs Inconsistent- UIDs on the system are inconsisten, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" with the option to click "I'm feeling Lucky". After this I get a bunch of force closes and the phone is nearly unusable. My google account will not sync correctly.No keyboards work. About the only thing I can do is make calls. I have no idea how this has happened and tried re installing the rom several times and get the same result. I'd really rather not reformat my card and do a fresh install but it looks like that's what I may have to do
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #524  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaguilar View Post
    After updating to the newest recovery (as of about 6 hours ago) and using IHO Updater to dl and install the newest rom update I get this message upon rebooting- "System UIDs Inconsistent- UIDs on the system are inconsisten, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" with the option to click "I'm feeling Lucky". After this I get a bunch of force closes and the phone is nearly unusable. My google account will not sync correctly.No keyboards work. About the only thing I can do is make calls. I have no idea how this has happened and tried re installing the rom several times and get the same result. I'd really rather not reformat my card and do a fresh install but it looks like that's what I may have to do
    What option did you you use to update the ROM? If you used the Automatic Mod Install that would lead to UIDs Inconsistent and may even corrupt the sd-ext partition, the Automatic Install is what needs to be selected. I'm still working on IHO Updater for general download app install and when I get that working I'll work on cleaning up the UI feed back a little.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    IHO

What option did you you use to update the ROM? If you used the Automatic Mod Install that would lead to UIDs Inconsistent and may even corrupt the sd-ext partition, the Automatic Install is what needs to be selected. I'm still working on IHO Updater for general download app install and when I get that working I'll work on cleaning up the UI feed back a little.
    Hmm Well I thought I followed the instructions on the first post but I must have chosen the wrong one. Dang. Well I guess I'll just repartition my card and start anew. This rom is worth it I think Btw do you recommend partitioning (I used 2gb sd ext partition) through the recovery or should I use another method?

Edit: actually, when I try to partition through ZenGarden 2.0.0.1-T it says "Can't partition device: /sdcard" ... It sees my sd card when I try to manually instal a zip but it wont partition it. Do I need to reformat my sd card on my computer first or something?
    Last edited by gbeaguilar; 01-07-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast