Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
    SAMLOKA

Default Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-05-2013..Update

wow this is awesome news ! thanks for all your time E&F
    ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Most likely well incude ThemeMaanger and ThemeChooser in the next build, but not the themesnot. I'm unclear if the other developers know or not, as CM7 commit is about 5 months old, but I assume that not many do because it has not been talked about.
    not sure that anyone has noticed that but you... I'd seen no mention of it anywhere else.
    I have seen comments about how cm keeps ignoring rashed's armv6 fixes, and doesn't want to maintain armv6 legacy devices, so it's really surprising to me that there's support integrated into their system for our "clunky" armv6 device thru cm9!
    cool, though. I'm pleased to hear it.
    sorry for OT :P
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #553  
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    not sure that anyone has noticed that but you... I'd seen no mention of it anywhere else.
    I have seen comments about how cm keeps ignoring rashed's armv6 fixes, and doesn't want to maintain armv6 legacy devices, so it's really surprising to me that there's support integrated into their system for our "clunky" armv6 device thru cm9!
    cool, though. I'm pleased to hear it.
    sorry for OT :P
    I'm sure the CM7 commit was to support the high end devices on VirginMobile, but they pulled the code from the IHO repo which made it possible for support of our cheap phones as well. This is the java file ("CdmaSMSDispatcher.java") they edited to support VirginMobile and this is the file I assume that was needed to be changed when porting ROMS. If so what this means that that any ROM that is being ported and the developer of the ROM is using the latest CM7 or CM9 rope mms, sms and data should work without changing the framework.jar file.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 01-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #554  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Update for OM-Mandylion equals the first none IHO based ROM, but now a fully 100% CyanongenMod-7 ROM.
    Thanked by 3:
    notown and flapjack.fiasco like this.

Default Re: [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

Update for OM-Mandylion equals the first none IHO based ROM, but now a fully 100% CyanongenMod-7 ROM.
    Do I still have to flash theme Chooser if I want it?

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #556  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Nope ThemeManager and ThemeChoser is included thought it was prudent to do so.
    Thanked by:

Do I need to do a fresh install?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #558  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    Do I need to do a fresh install?

No you can install as update if you wish, just be sure and update the recovery to the 2.0.2.7-T version if you are going to run the update with out IHO Updater.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

no worries as I know you've been busy....and I know this is exciting news being a full CM7 release!
    Will I have the PlayStore now or will I have to flash an older signed .zip file that I have on top of this?
    I haven't touched the phone since I had this issue I had posted about previously.
    Thanks bud

p.s. I like your new avatar now...a bit less "kiddie" LOL
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #560  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    no worries as I know you've been busy....and I know this is exciting news being a full CM7 release!
    Will I have the PlayStore now or will I have to flash an older signed .zip file that I have on top of this?
    I haven't touched the phone since I had this issue I had posted about previously.
    Thanks bud

p.s. I like your new avatar now...a bit less "kiddie" LOL
    Just be sure and update the recovery to 2.0.2.7-T version I cleaned up the errors that were cause you the problems. In case you are wondering about the reason for use this recovery as a posses to COT or CWM-Green, or BobzHomes IHO, it has to do with the sd-ext and how it is used. The reason that updating some ROMS cause problems is that if the sd-ext partition is used files and folders get moved around and if the wrong thing was wiped the the errors you were having can happen, or if not enough things were wiped then that creates a whole other mess of problems.

So what ended up happening with the recovery when I rewrote some of the source files I ended up reusing some left over code that I should not have, and that is what was cause the problem. To use IHO Updater set File Manager as the default action, if it you have chosen another app just go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and select the app that is set and "clear default."
    SAMLOKA

Hey E&F great job on the recovery and ROM. Outstanding!

Just wanted to say that the camera is not the same. Its missing some options like the Touch Feature. - also did you add Bobz tweaks to the camera too?

And lastly,will you ever add the transparent options to the status bar tweaks like on IHO.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #562  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    Hey E&F great job on the recovery and ROM. Outstanding!

Just wanted to say that the camera is not the same. Its missing some options like the Touch Feature. - also did you add Bobz tweaks to the camera too?

And lastly,will you ever add the transparent options to the status bar tweaks like on IHO.
    The transparent treak was a JerryScript thing and he deleted his github account so adding something like well take time, but I'm in line with CyanogonMod in that the transparency should be up to the user and CM Theme apps. As for the Carmera which is the newest pull from CyanogonMod not BobzHome so the options are left unchecked under the advance menu.
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.
    SAMLOKA

Yeah bobz had tweaked it. You can still find his rom. And I actually use the camera and this is the first time I've seen the TOUCH option removed. And that alone made this crappie camera worth using. It's not hidden in the advanced menu. It's a focus mode named Touch, Macro, Auto etc.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #564  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    Yeah bobz had tweaked it. You can still find his rom. And I actually use the camera and this is the first time I've seen the TOUCH option removed. And that alone made this crappie camera worth using. It's not hidden in the advanced menu. It's a focus mode named Touch, Macro, Auto etc.
    Bobz removed some stuff having to do with the camcorder, but did not add anything so maybe removing it does what you are talking about.

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

I'm happier more than I was, most definitely, than a few days ago!
    Got her singin a new song now and got GooglePlay(flashed seperately) finally working to restore some of the apps that MyBackup couldn't do.
    Haven't played around with the camera or anything along those lines, but this is a backup OV for me so I'm just getting the basics for right now.
    Thanks for everything E&F and keep up the great work and tweaks
    From me to you though a thought... this is looking really stable and sound at this point and if I were you, unless there is an absolute need for another update(like this week still), I would do what you need to do to see fit and update at the most once or twice a month instead of like every week or so...you know, to keep our intrests and anticipations up! It seemed this was the case for both the ROM and Recovery side of things. Just my .02. Do what you gotta do on your end and everyones happy no doubt
    also I wanted to add that I don't really understand the whole IHO updater thing goin on especially since this is now an official MOD. well, even before this...just go about the standard procedure of downloading and using a flash recovery...that's what I , myself, ended up doing in the first place....
    idk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update-screenshot-20130114-082532pm.png   [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update-screenshot-20130114-082640pm.png  
    Last edited by bjzapp; 01-14-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #566  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Updates from this point are just going to be patch zips that way nothing has to be wiped all but the cache and dalvik-cache that is, unless there are manger updated to CM7. The recovery has about one or two updates left before I call it good. The kernel I'm calling it good unless there are more updates the other kernel sources I pull from that will work of our phones.

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

your response is so quick! I actually just updated a few things on my post....but hey, sounds good!
    thanks again
    Maybe you can have yourself a bit of a "break"
    On an other note: wanted to give a quick shout out to sellers.....very sorry to read the news
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
    Thanked by:

Just started using this today. Loving it so far. Good work!

EarthnFire78 likes this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

This is the only Rom I have not tried yet, I think I'll do that tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it goes
    EarthnFire78 likes this.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    This is the only Rom I have not tried yet, I think I'll do that tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it goes
    very compact and no need to install gapps. I like it
    EarthnFire78 likes this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Just flashed the rom using Zen recovery. So far so good. I like the custom icons. Earthnfire did you know in the recovery when you wipe all it says formaatting instead of formatting.? There is an extra a

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    Just flashed the rom using Zen recovery. So far so good. I like the custom icons. Earthnfire did you know in the recovery when you wipe all it says formaatting instead of formatting.? There is an extra a

Heh I noticed that too just didn't bother to mention it

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

At first I thought it might be intentional like you are formaaaating a bunch of stuff lol

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #574  

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

haha ..... Just looked and noticed a few more ui typo's, well have to fix my bad grammar in the next update for the recovery.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

haha ..... Just looked and noticed a few more ui typo's, well have to fix my bad grammar in the next update for the recovery.
    Or keep them. It adds...personality. lol

Ok so reading the op on androidforums, am I correct that the newest version is no longer iho? Its full cm7?

Also sorry to be a bother but I'm looking for a rom for my wife's optimus s, if I flash this plus the ls kernel it should just work right?

Last edited by kenharkey7; 01-16-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast