[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

Apparently play store movies is incompatible too but works on cai. That might just be it needs 4.0 but i couldn't find its requirements

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

E&F78, Should I download now or wait a couple days? Been on your Rom about the longest I've ever been on any Rom and its pretty awesome man. I would like to express my gratitude for all the work and skill you got into this. Thanks man! :-*

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I can't believe you got it down to 63 & half megs. Even more props to you!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Fast-Charge USB notification widget is missing for me as well.

Since it's the holidays, I'd also like to express my gratitude for this ROM. Of all the ROMs here, this ROM seems to be the slimmest yet is customized pretty specifically to what I'd like in a ROM. Thanks for all your work and happy holidays to E&F!
OH one suggestion if I may, perhaps replacing Gallery with QuickPic would be nice since Gallery always seems to have issues on these phones haha ;)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

OH one suggestion if I may, perhaps replacing Gallery with QuickPic would be nice since Gallery always seems to have issues on these phones haha ;)

I could be wrong, but I don't think QuickPic is open source.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I could be wrong, but I don't think QuickPic is open source.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry it is Closed Source, and I'd rather keep Gallery because it unlike other Photo Gallery apps, Gallery links to Google Photo Albums. Do know there is a flash zip some where that replaces Gallery with QuickPic.

Side note, I'm working on a full ICS Recovery and it any one would like to help test it out that would be great, thank you :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Sorry it is Closed Source, and I'd rather keep Gallery because it unlike other Photo Gallery apps, Gallery links to Google Photo Albums. Do know there is a flash zip some where that replaces Gallery with QuickPic.

Side note, I'm working on a full ICS Recovery and it any one would like to help test it out that would be great, thank you :)

I sent you a PM I'd gladly test

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Hey, just a little update on my usage end of things...
I still have a bit of an issue now with the latest update.
did a clean wipe( even though it was just an update),installed 12/24, set up play, download ed apps, now... getting force closes on all downloaded apps. Got link to SD all set up with the correct partition.. tried reinstalling from backup..no luck
what's happening here?!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey, just a little update on my usage end of things...
I still have a bit of an issue now with the latest update.
did a clean wipe( even though it was just an update),installed 12/24, set up play, download ed apps, now... getting force closes on. Got link to SD all set up with the correct partition.. tried reinstalling from backup..no luck
what's happening here?!

Don't use Link2SD because it conficts with the adx2sd script already used, and Link2SD well be installed on the sd-ext partition where it cannot live.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

^---+1 no need for link2sd because this rom uses sd-ext for downloaded apps already

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Also don't have Fast Charge in the notification bar (it was there when I first flashed it... can not get it to show anymore).
Does anyone else get pretty bad battery drain? Even after calibrating twice, battery drops from 100 to 95 soon after unplugging and the battery drain from there continues.
Other than that liking the rom so far! Great job, hopefully I can get these issues sorted out.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Also don't have Fast Charge in the notification bar (it was there when I first flashed it... can not get it to show anymore).
Does anyone else get pretty bad battery drain? Even after calibrating twice, battery drops from 100 to 95 soon after unplugging and the battery drain from there continues.
Other than that liking the rom so far! Great job, hopefully I can get these issues sorted out.

You may want to check for apps that are using data and see if they are syncing in the background. As for the FastCharge Notification that is a problem with some CyanogenMod updates to SysteUI app, I well post an update to fix it in a few days, but well most likely be a full install just to keep everything consistent.

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

You may want to check for apps that are using data and see if they are syncing in the background. As for the FastCharge Notification that is a problem with some CyanogenMod updates to SysteUI app, I well post an update to fix it in a few days, but well most likely be a full install just to keep everything consistent.

It's not my apps, they're the same I've used for two years now on many different roms, I'm thinking maybe I have a bad install.. or my battery is going bad? Anyways, what is normal battery drain on this rom? Under default CPU settings I get about 14 hrs with VERY light usage. I get much less if I actually use my phone. Another thing, my battery reading drops by 5 until it reaches 15%. I find that weird. Not hating on the rom, I really love it otherwise! Especially the built in ext support :)

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

It's not my apps, they're the same I've used for two years now on many different roms, I'm thinking maybe I have a bad install.. or my battery is going bad? Anyways, what is normal battery drain on this rom? Under default CPU settings I get about 14 hrs with VERY light usage. I get much less if I actually use my phone. Another thing, my battery reading drops by 5 until it reaches 15%. I find that weird. Not hating on the rom, I really love it otherwise! Especially the built in ext support :)

The 15% thing is by design, also within the code from 100% to 15% the battery indicator is set 2% off on purpose, meaning that even if the battery is really at 57% it well read 55%. I use mine pretty heavily and get between 12 to 15 hours of usage.

What min max settings are you using?

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

The 15% thing is by design, also within the code from 100% to 15% the battery indicator is set 2% off on purpose, meaning that even if the battery is really at 57% it well read 55%. I use mine pretty heavily and get between 12 to 15 hours of usage.

What min max settings are you using?

My min/max is unchanged- min is 122 and max is 600. I've kept it above 600 for both in other roms and had great battery life.
I just rebooted my phone and the battery went from 50% before to 20% after rebooting... strange! Maybe I should do a few more calibrations.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

i'd run 480 min and as close to 800 as you can max. the way our processors work its been shown its more power efficient to overclock them. i run 480/804 and can get away without charging about the same as earthnfire 12-15 hours under pretty heavy use

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

[BOX]
Because the kernel users governors from Linux kernel 3.xx.xx. the - max of 600 - 806 (or setting the min to 360 or higher) may cause the phone to seem slow. Conservative, IntellDemand or Interactive governors I recommend setting the min to 122Mhz; setting the min any high well most like cause frequency scaling problems.
[/BOX]

From the OP, the IntellDemand governor is the one I use while the battery darns at about a 3% - 6% faster when phone is in use, the governor allows for better deep sleep control. You may want to see what you "Time without Signal" is.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

E&F its been two days that i wake up with a phone force closing a million windows . I did a clean install on both. I changed recoverys although i doubt thats the case. Something about MIDs or something ? Im missing something here aint i?

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Even though I'm using the Kyocera Rise as my main phone, I still have my old V with me. Will clean install this ASAP with the new recovery, ROM and kernel linked in this thread. Then I'll put a minimal set of apps so it starts up from boot quickly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech