Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Alien CM7 v1.01

Can't install it, says

E:Missing file:
system/app/AndroidTerm.apk

Check the zip, maybe a bad download.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I downloaded the file 5 times, none of them have worked for me.

Are you Rooted and have a custom Recovery? Yes the AndroidTerm.apk is not there as it is not needed for custom Recoveries and rooted OV's that are all ready activated.

I have no problem.
Yes, the deleted files messed up the update script. I tried to install also, I would turn of Verification, but I have to use ADB, so it's impossible for me. I want to flash it, but the script is thrown off. I'll try to edit some files, see what happens. :p

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the deleted files messed up the update script. I tried to install also, I would turn of Verification, but I have to use ADB, so it's impossible for me. I want to flash it, but the script is thrown off. I'll try to edit some files, see what happens. :p

What recovery are you using, and are you wiping/formatting the system partition. This is not a Update ROM, this is a Edited Custom ROM and everything must be wiped before flashing.

If anyone else is having a problem with the AndroidTerm.apk missing let me know and I'll upload a version with that apk's.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I edited the zip then flashed. You must be using ClockWorkMod, so it doesn't verify the rom. I'll post the Xperia S Launcher in a little bit. It's shiny. :p

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed with no problems. Then again I'm using Xionia recovery. Turned signature verification off and flashed. Only prob I have is force reboot using titanium backup.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Here's the latest launcher, That I know of, From Xperia S, I think. :p

It has it's own Transitions when you launcher app. And when you click the home button, you get this little shine on the dock.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The RA Recovery that I use by default has the signature verification off, but from my understanding is it only works on the older OV's.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I installed with no problems. Then again I'm using Xionia recovery. Turned signature verification off and flashed. Only prob I have is force reboot using titanium backup.

I'm with Leslie Ann and having a personal dislike for Titanium Backup and that is why I included MyBackup Root in this ROM.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'll reflash and give MyBackup a try. Never used it i may like it. Thanks for info.

I like it, Titanium Back is way to techie for what I need to do; I understand but it is way over the the top. MyBackup Root is a simpler UI and makes it more pleasing to the eye, at lease that is my take: plus it does restore Market Links for your apps.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

@earthfire nice screen shot, I see we have the same style,:) currently using same livewallpaper,se launcher,Walkman music,favorite people widget, and a couple more ;) on latest backside, if I didrent already had it like this I would had definitely FLASH!!!! thanks for posting this rom!!!!!!!

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

What recovery are you using, and are you wiping/formatting the system partition. This is not a Update ROM, this is a Edited Custom ROM and everything must be wiped before flashing.

If anyone else is having a problem with the AndroidTerm.apk missing let me know and I'll upload a version with that apk's.

Yeah upload a version with the apk's needed please :D

*Using Xionia recovery.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the AndroidTerm.apk was missing for me too. So I turned off the verification and it got stuck in boot.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah upload a version with the apk's needed please :D

*Using Xionia recovery.

The ROM with the AndroidTerm.apk will be up shorly: check the first post for the update. There are going to be two versions; one with AndroidTerm.apk and one without, both should have the Updater Script fixed, and couple of more things add to make the ROM more stable, still need to do a complete wipe before flashing.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you tweak this rom? Or theme?

Just add a couple things that needed to be added.

Edit: the new ZIP file well be ready for download in 12 minutes, check first post for the update, and for the sack of not confusing anyone decided to just post the version with the AndroidTerm.apk.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Does Gingerbread have flashable status bars like Froyo has?

Yes only, but they have to be compatible with the ROM they are being flashed to, other wise could cause boot problems. Right now I;m working on one for this ROM, but must likely will not be ready for some time.

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I can't win with this rom xD

Now it's telling me system/app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk is missing. Is anyone else getting this?