[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....10-28-2012..Update

I did once. But I'm not really able to charge it off. I use this phone alot, hence the 3600 battery. I'll drain it tomorrow and hope it starts acting right. The battery worked well on my old ROM but I wanted the ext mount this one has. I also like it more now that I'm using it...

Also, would you suggest the fast charge? Or to keep it off?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I did once. But I'm not really able to charge it off. I use this phone alot, hence the 3600 battery. I'll drain it tomorrow and hope it starts acting right. The battery worked well on my old ROM but I wanted the ext mount this one has. I also like it more now that I'm using it...

Also, would you suggest the fast charge? Or to keep it off?

The Fast-Charge can be toggled on and off by the pull down notification power widgets and I use it ever once and a while, but it does disable USB-Mass-Storage.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Any idea why my SD card isn't mounting in recovery since I flashed this?

It mounts when I boot the phone normally, but if I boot into recovery it keeps saying unable to mount the SD card.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Any idea why my SD card isn't mounting in recovery since I flashed this?

It mounts when I boot the phone normally, but if I boot into recovery it keeps saying unable to mount the SD card.

What recovery are you using?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The one suggested in the initial post CMW blue recovery.

Try reflashing the recovery. Does it say this when booted into just the recovery or when you go "mount and storage" and select mount USB storage?

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Try reflashing the recovery. Does it say this when booted into just the recovery or when you go "mount and storage" and select mount USB storage?

Says unable to mount SD card when I try to access it at all in recovery. USB storage says unmount, but nothing happens when I select that.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Says unable to mount SD card when I try to access it at all in recovery. USB storage says unmount, but nothing happens when I select that.

Do you have the Windows Drivers installed?

O, and there is an update ready to be installed, please note if you installed the update for MybackupRoot from the Play Store uninstall before flashing ROM.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....11-25-2012..Update

EarthnFire78 have u noticed any excessive battery drain I'm still two updates behind though.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the Windows Drivers installed?

O, and there is an update ready to be installed, please note if you installed the update for MybackupRoot from the Play Store uninstall before flashing ROM.

Windows drivers? On my phone? I use a Mac an it reads just fine via USB. Just the recovery that can't see it, which will make my update hard to do.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Windows drivers? On my phone? I use a Mac an it reads just fine via USB. Just the recovery that can't see it, which will make my update hard to do.

Have no clue about Mac's for USB, I'm more of a Linux and Window's person. Does ADB see the phone in recovery mode, if so then "adb push" to "sdcard," or if the USB works with the phone booted up try moving the zip to sdcard after partitioning the card in recovery.

EarthnFire78 have u noticed any excessive battery drain I'm still two updates behind though.

The battery well drain a bit faster with Intelidemand set as the Governor under heavy use, the Interactive and Conservative Governor's should give you the best battery life.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Have no clue about Mac's for USB, I'm more of a Linux and Window's person. Does ADB see the phone in recovery mode, if so then "adb push" to "sdcard," or if the USB works with the phone booted up try moving the zip to sdcard after partitioning the card in recovery...
if trying to push in recovery mode, don't forget to mount the sdcard first! with
Code:
adb shell mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard
because adb will push to the empty /sdcard directory in root filesystem (it's in the recovery's ramdisk) instead of the card if it's not mounted, but won't give you an error, and it won't write the file to the card. once the phone is rebooted, anything in the root filesystem disappears...

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Once the FastCharge Notification button is fully working, OM-Mandylion well be in stable maintenance status.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking about switching from Mirage to this rom. I've read the beginning posts of the thread. Anything I should know that might be excluded from the first post?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I am thinking about switching from Mirage to this rom. I've read the beginning posts of the thread. Anything I should know that might be excluded from the first post?

All should be there, though I would install MybackupRoot from the market and Backup your installed apps and Data after partitioning that sdcard, then do a full wipe in recovery and flash ROM.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Does mybackup root install apps automatically instead of constantly having to accept them like tibu?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I didn't mybackup from the market. I primarily use Titanium Backup. But I will give it another try.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

keyboard showed up after reboot but now play store disappeared but just rebooted and playstore appeared

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

EarthnFire super user does not work without USB debugging enabled on this new build when I turn it off I can't get root access with apps without renabling debugging