[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-07-2012..Update

doesn't really matter... I use swiftkey as my keyboard... and it's slow in just about any app I use. just tested it out by changing to the stock keyboard and it's much bettert hat way... makes me sad a bit as I really like SwiftKey, but hate having almost a full second lag in the rotation if I use it.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

doesn't really matter... I use swiftkey as my keyboard... and it's slow in just about any app I use. just tested it out by changing to the stock keyboard and it's much bettert hat way... makes me sad a bit as I really like SwiftKey, but hate having almost a full second lag in the rotation if I use it.

Try using Swype, you cannot get it on the market so just Google it. This last few updates to Swiftkey seem to be more for the higher end android phones.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

never have liked swype for some reason... I guess I'll just use the CM7 keyboard. it's not bad, just not as good as SwiftKey on predictive text.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Spent the last few days going through the code base and discovered that over the last few builds some of the fixes that are in the O/P were not included in the builds because of a repo sync mistake I made switch to a different Linux O/S. Because of this there were also coding problems in the last build, so I have pulled it, and uploaded a build with all the fixes in place.

Sorry for the incontinence everyone.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Sent the last few days going through the code base and discovered that over the last few builds some of the fixes that are in the O/P were not included in the builds because of a repo sync mistake I made switch to a different Linux O/S. Because of this there were also coding problems in the last build, so I have pulled it, and uploaded a build with all the fixes in place.

Sorry for the incontinence everyone.

Been running this since Saturday. I have installed the update. Just a few things... I initially installed apps using mybackup, but for some reason, using it gave me too many problems. I full wiped, then reinstalled user apps using Titanium Backup. Still found the whole thing too slow, so about a half hour ago, I tried the latest version of Jawz101's kernel, as that also has usb fast charge built in, and is similar to mrg666's kernel. I also installed Holo Launcher, which I was using with mrg's rom/kernel before.

I usually run my phone at 600-806 MHz, but I've been testing at 480-768 the last few days.

So far, so good with this ROM. You might want to let jawz101 fix your kernel so things run faster, or just include his in the next version of this ROM pack.

My fave feature so far is the script that expands internal memory to fully use sd-ext along with it. Gives me 1.9 GB total! :)

Thanks for building this ROM! :D

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Been running this since Saturday. I have installed the update. Just a few things... I initially installed apps using mybackup, but for some reason, using it gave me too many problems. I full wiped, then reinstalled user apps using Titanium Backup. Still found the whole thing too slow, so about a half hour ago, I tried the latest version of Jawz101's kernel, as that also has usb fast charge built in, and is similar to mrg666's kernel. I also installed Holo Launcher, which I was using with mrg's rom/kernel before.

I usually run my phone at 600-806 MHz, but I've been testing at 480-768 the last few days.

So far, so good with this ROM. You might want to let jawz101 fix your kernel so things run faster, or just include his in the next version of this ROM pack.

My fave feature so far is the script that expands internal memory to fully use sd-ext along with it. Gives me 1.9 GB total! :)

Thanks for building this ROM! :D

My kernel has different governors and is also based on mrg666 kernel, all the governor except SavageZen and Performance should be set to 122-recommend no higher then 806. Well have to make a not on that in the O/P.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

What do we do about gapps/playstore? I tried flashing the 20110828( I believe) & got some kind of Android setup process error
this is not mentioned in the OP. different G apps version or what?
MyBackup route does not save anything Google related only downloaded apps

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

What do we do about gapps/playstore? I tried flashing the 20110828( I believe) & got some kind of Android setup process error
this is not mentioned in the OP. different G apps version or what?
MyBackup route does not save anything Google related only downloaded apps

The Gapps have been modified for a smaller install, which one of the Gapps apps were you looking to install?

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Well the play store for one....also voice which I believe I had saw.
when I hit the play store icon, says either application not found or not installed.

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-09-2012..Update

Status bar looks so dark, and the battery meter is to big

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-09-2012..Update

Well the play store for one....also voice which I believe I had saw.
when I hit the play store icon, says either application not found or not installed.

Use a root File Manager and delete the Vending.apk and/or the vending.apk that maybe in the system and try flashing the Gapps again, after wiping the cache and delvik-cache.

Status bar looks so dark, and the battery meter is to big

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

The Status Bar is stock have not done anything with it to theme it, and yes the battery matter is a little big; if I made it any smaller it would be hard to read.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

My kernel has different governors and is also based on mrg666 kernel, all the governor except SavageZen and Performance should be set to 122-recommend no higher then 806. Well have to make a not on that in the O/P.

One other thing I should have noted earlier: the phone heats up more with your kernel. I can't figure out what it is exactly. Perhaps it's trying to run more background processes, or I might not have used the best governor (?). My V is the first version that VMUSA released with the Hitachi screen, and it's on ZV4 baseband for the 3G/cell part.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'n running the ZV4 baseband as well and have the Hitachi (which is the new screen had to replace my LCD), if your V is not a refurbished then your screen would be the Novatek screen. Each Governor works fine, but with all but two well cause the processor to run hot and that may slow it down as well.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for the quick response, as always. What ended up happening was, once I installed link2sd with the correct partition #, I had found that it was already frozen ! Needless to say, un froze it,touched it,& now looks as though ready to setup as soon as I get in a wifi spot
Interesting...did not have to uninstall vending or reflash G apps btw. still keeping hopes up however

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for the quick response, as always. What ended up happening was, once I installed link2sd with the correct partition #, I had found that it was already frozen ! Needless to say, un froze it,touched it,& now looks as though ready to setup as soon as I get in a wifi spot
Interesting...did not have to uninstall vending or reflash G apps btw. still keeping hopes up however

Play Store comes pre-installed, but there is a problem with the signature causing it to not let other Google apps to sing into your Google Account. Well have this fixed next week, for now I'm working on an update for the Recoveries and the kernel.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Also, in your 12-09-2012 update, settings force closes in Cyanogenmod Settings -> Notification Widgets as soon as you hit it.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-19-2012..Update

Would anything in the Rom somehow be preventing the YouTube app from signing me in? I just keep getting "there was an error" and it never signs me in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2