[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey E&F great job on the recovery and ROM. Outstanding!

Just wanted to say that the camera is not the same. Its missing some options like the Touch Feature. - also did you add Bobz tweaks to the camera too?

And lastly,will you ever add the transparent options to the status bar tweaks like on IHO.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey E&F great job on the recovery and ROM. Outstanding!

Just wanted to say that the camera is not the same. Its missing some options like the Touch Feature. - also did you add Bobz tweaks to the camera too?

And lastly,will you ever add the transparent options to the status bar tweaks like on IHO.

The transparent treak was a JerryScript thing and he deleted his github account so adding something like well take time, but I'm in line with CyanogonMod in that the transparency should be up to the user and CM Theme apps. As for the Carmera which is the newest pull from CyanogonMod not BobzHome so the options are left unchecked under the advance menu.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah bobz had tweaked it. You can still find his rom. And I actually use the camera and this is the first time I've seen the TOUCH option removed. And that alone made this crappie camera worth using. It's not hidden in the advanced menu. It's a focus mode named Touch, Macro, Auto etc.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah bobz had tweaked it. You can still find his rom. And I actually use the camera and this is the first time I've seen the TOUCH option removed. And that alone made this crappie camera worth using. It's not hidden in the advanced menu. It's a focus mode named Touch, Macro, Auto etc.

Bobz removed some stuff having to do with the camcorder, but did not add anything so maybe removing it does what you are talking about.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm happier more than I was, most definitely, than a few days ago!
Got her singin a new song now and got GooglePlay(flashed seperately) finally working to restore some of the apps that MyBackup couldn't do.
Haven't played around with the camera or anything along those lines, but this is a backup OV for me so I'm just getting the basics for right now.
Thanks for everything E&F and keep up the great work and tweaks:)
From me to you though a thought... this is looking really stable and sound at this point and if I were you, unless there is an absolute need for another update(like this week still), I would do what you need to do to see fit and update at the most once or twice a month instead of like every week or so...you know, to keep our intrests and anticipations up! It seemed this was the case for both the ROM and Recovery side of things. Just my .02. Do what you gotta do on your end and everyones happy no doubt;)
also I wanted to add that I don't really understand the whole IHO updater thing goin on especially since this is now an official MOD. well, even before this...just go about the standard procedure of downloading and using a flash recovery...that's what I , myself, ended up doing in the first place....
idk

Attachments

• screenshot-20130114-082532pm.png
    screenshot-20130114-082532pm.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 64
  • screenshot-20130114-082640pm.png
    screenshot-20130114-082640pm.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Updates from this point are just going to be patch zips that way nothing has to be wiped all but the cache and dalvik-cache that is, unless there are manger updated to CM7. The recovery has about one or two updates left before I call it good. The kernel I'm calling it good unless there are more updates the other kernel sources I pull from that will work of our phones.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
your response is so quick! I actually just updated a few things on my post....but hey, sounds good!
thanks again
Maybe you can have yourself a bit of a "break"
On an other note: wanted to give a quick shout out to sellers.....very sorry to read the news:(

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the rom using Zen recovery. So far so good. I like the custom icons. Earthnfire did you know in the recovery when you wipe all it says formaatting instead of formatting.? There is an extra a

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the rom using Zen recovery. So far so good. I like the custom icons. Earthnfire did you know in the recovery when you wipe all it says formaatting instead of formatting.? There is an extra a

Heh I noticed that too just didn't bother to mention it :p

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
haha ..... Just looked and noticed a few more ui typo's, well have to fix my bad grammar in the next update for the recovery.

Or keep them. It adds...personality. lol

Ok so reading the op on androidforums, am I correct that the newest version is no longer iho? Its full cm7?

Also sorry to be a bother but I'm looking for a rom for my wife's optimus s, if I flash this plus the ls kernel it should just work right?

Last edited:

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Or keep them. It adds...personality. lol

Ok so reading the op on androidforums, am I correct that the newest version is no longer iho? Its full cm7?

Also sorry to be a bother but I'm looking for a rom for my wife's optimus s, if I flash this plus the ls kernel it should just work right?

It should work, and work with any VM or LS IHO rom for that matter. Just remember to backup the build.prop if using a different ROM as the kernel zip well replace the build.prop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz