View Poll Results: Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

146 93.59%
  • NO

10 6.41%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Default Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

First off, thank you very much!! I just flashed and tested this recovery on both the old and new screens and everything works great.
    Thanked by:
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420 View Post
    Add another one to the list of confirmed functionality on the Hitachi screen.

Anyone else had any not-so-thorough wipes? I went from the Alien IHO variant posted on this forum to a BACKside IHO 7.2 backup I had made with Xionia recovery and was getting some FCs and general sluggish behavior. Had to go back into recovery and re-wipe everything then it worked fine. Might just be a random thing, though.

When I do my wipes, I usually do a complete wipe. Meaning i dont only use the wipe system data cache option. I also go into mounts and storage and wipe from there also. Maybe give that a try to see if it helps.

ROM
    Joyful iOS 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by 00_wrath_00 View Post
    When I do my wipes, I usually do a complete wipe..
    As do I. I habitually wipe everything except sdcard. I'm not nearly as flash-happy as some on here so my experience with this recovery is more limited, but it only seems to have happened once so far. Probably just a random glitch.

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420 View Post
    Add another one to the list of confirmed functionality on the Hitachi screen.

Anyone else had any not-so-thorough wipes? I went from the Alien IHO variant posted on this forum to a BACKside IHO 7.2 backup I had made with Xionia recovery and was getting some FCs and general sluggish behavior. Had to go back into recovery and re-wipe everything then it worked fine. Might just be a random thing, though.
    Plus one for the new screens, also this is why I run all the wipes twice. Also, I didn't know it was going to be the buttons on the bottom that you press, it's better than I thought. Thanks for this ^^.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    G19

I'd like to see wipe battery stats back. That option is how I fix my phone when it freezes at charging in the 80 percent range and fixEd the problem of when I first unplug my phone and a second later I lose 10 to 20 percent battery life
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    I'd like to see wipe battery stats back. That option is how I fix my phone when it freezes at charging in the 80 percent range and fixEd the problem of when I first unplug my phone and a second later I lose 10 to 20 percent battery life
    theres apps in the market that can wipe battery stats. just a suggestion.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    Wiping battery stats still has nothing to do with this. It only clears the history of what service or app has been using how much power. Rebooting into recovery and then back into the ROM is probably having some effect on it, but not wiping the stats.

This space intentionally left blank.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

I noticed once I stopped wiping battery stats and let the rom settle for a couple day it fixes the problem maybe its just me but it works.

cool! Work fine. thx)

The issue was not on. I do not adequately work the camera button, how to change it in recovery? For example, clicking on the focus or put another button?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by HunTxD View Post
    cool! Work fine. thx)

The issue was not on. I do not adequately work the camera button, how to change it in recovery? For example, clicking on the focus or put another button?
    Just use the on sceen touch buttons. No need to use any physical buttons.

battery monitor widget has an option to wipe battery stats.

00_wrath_00 likes this.
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by youarepoop View Post
    battery monitor widget has an option to wipe battery stats.

Changing the phone with it off also resets the battery stats. I was I wipe the battery stats fan until reading up on a few things. The only time that wiping the stats should be done really is when you switch batteries, so the OV has to rebuild stats by testing the battery; a most do for anyone that buys a bigger battery.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Changing the phone with it off also resets the battery stats. I was I wipe the battery stats fan until reading up on a few things. The only time that wiping the stats should be done really is when you switch batteries, so the OV has to rebuild stats by testing the battery; a most do for anyone that buys a bigger battery.
    It is not a must do. It's just a history of how much power each service or app uses. It has nothing to do with the battery percentage that your phone reports.

Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

can I just reiterate how awesome this recovery is!!! thanks again!...
    Shady24 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

You welcome be sure to thank drew in the OS thread

Last edited by 00_wrath_00; 03-05-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00_wrath_00 View Post
    just use the on sceen touch buttons. No need to use any physical buttons.

Sent from my lg-vm670 using tapatalk
    the camera button is pressed continuously and does not normally to Use the menu. because I need to turn it off

ROM
    BACKside IHO

Installed the touch recovery and it works perfectly. Many thanks

ROM
    Changes Daily

Just found out qpst can talk to the phone with this recovery.. It can't in iho recovery. Great news for anyone wanting to update prl

Thanked by:
    00_wrath_00 likes this.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Just found out qpst can talk to the phone with this recovery.. It can't in iho recovery. Great news for anyone wanting to update prl

That's pretty cool! Do you happen to know what parts of a recovery ROM would be different between OS and OV version? I know that this ROM was made for the OS, but obviously works on the OV. I know that the OV and OS extremely similar phones, which is why this recovery works with the OV. But specifically would be different between the two recoveries?

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    That's pretty cool! Do you happen to know what parts of a recovery ROM would be different between OS and OV version? I know that this ROM was made for the OS, but obviously works on the OV. I know that the OV and OS extremely similar phones, which is why this recovery works with the OV. But specifically would be different between the two recoveries?

Hardware button configuration . Other then that I don't think there's anything else. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanked by:

ROM
    IHO 7.2

So, I just flashed this recovery using the terminal method. Everything seemed to work except, during the flashing I kept getting this error about being out of memory. So, I didn't think anything of it, went ahead and typed reboot recovery, and now I'm booted into the blue fastboot screen. I have read enough over the months to know that this isn't a hugh problem, but I don't know how to get out of it. I'm not sure if I need to be in this thread [Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way around because I'm already rooted. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic! Thanks.

ROM
    IHO 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by RT78 View Post
    So, I just flashed this recovery using the terminal method. Everything seemed to work except, during the flashing I kept getting this error about being out of memory. So, I didn't think anything of it, went ahead and typed reboot recovery, and now I'm booted into the blue fastboot screen. I have read enough over the months to know that this isn't a hugh problem, but I don't know how to get out of it. I'm not sure if I need to be in this thread [Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way around because I'm already rooted. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic! Thanks.
    OK, so 20 minutes later I'm still hanging in here waiting for some help. I decided to pull my battery after reading a post in the aforementioned thread. After rebooting while holding home, and volume down I'm back in fastboot. It appears that I no longer have a recovery to boot into. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Do you have a new screen or old screen? And do you know how to use adb

ROM
    IHO 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    Do you have a new screen or old screen? And do you know how to use adb

I have the old screen. I used adb when I first rooted about a year ago but have not used it since.

ROM
    Joyful iOS 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by RT78 View Post
    ..After rebooting while holding home, and volume down I'm back in fastboot. It appears that I no longer have a recovery to boot into. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Isn't it volume down + back + power that boots into recovery?

If you'd pull the battery and let it boot up normally, does it load your OS, or did that somehow get lost in the process?
    Thanked by:
    RT78 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast