View Poll Results: Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

146 93.59%
  • NO

10 6.41%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree32Likes

Flashed tdms newest nightly with no problems. I did have to turn off signature verification.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Default Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

Quote Originally Posted by llamadon View Post
    Flashed tdms newest nightly with no problems. I did have to turn off signature verification.

Yep, signature verification has been broken since the CWMT days. I've fixed it now for v1.0.8 (and goomanager support has been fixed in v1.0.7 as well). Building VM670 build now.
    Thanked by 2:
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Hey Drew I was wounding if you ca help me with something. I would like to add "fix recovery bootloop" option for CWM-Blue Recovery, can you point me in the right direction as to where to add the code.

Having your CWMT Recovery and my CWM-Blue Recovery with that option means that we can move pass the dated Xionia Recovery.

This is probably a dumb question, but my phone died and refuses to start back up or even pretend to look like its charging, but I've finally gotten it to boot into recovery (I had to utilize my feet in order to do this) so my question is; will my phone charge in recovery? Cause I really need it to. Or I need to figure out what my warranty covers and what time my best buy closes tonight.. Thanks!
    Last edited by birdgofly; 06-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Yes it will give it at lease 1hrs before going to best buy

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Yes it will give it at lease 1hrs before going to best buy

Glad to hear it, thank you so much!

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Hey Drew I was wounding if you ca help me with something. I would like to add "fix recovery bootloop" option for CWM-Blue Recovery, can you point me in the right direction as to where to add the code.

Having your CWMT Recovery and my CWM-Blue Recovery with that option means that we can move pass the dated Xionia Recovery.
    Should have posted this in the Cannibal Open Touch thread, as CWMT is now obsolete.

Anywho, there's a specific commit that added that. Might want to check the commit log for Cannibal Open Touch

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Should have posted this in the Cannibal Open Touch thread, as CWMT is now obsolete.

Anywho, there's a specific commit that added that. Might want to check the commit log for Cannibal Open Touch
    Ugh Drew, always gotta be so confusing

YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

haha yeah I before I saw the new thread, but I was to lazy to repost the question in again.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by gannon5197 View Post
    Ugh Drew, always gotta be so confusing

You're damn right I am

Actually I was on my mobile so posting the link was less than trivial.
    Thanked by 2:
    rukin5197 and sellers86 like this.

ROM
    AOKP(Evo) & CM7(NT)

Will this fix the problem where the user has CWM 5.0.2.7 and cannot select anything in the menu? They downloaded it from Rom Manager an dI guess they selected the wrong item. Now its just stuck on CWM and it cannot boot into Emergency mode or anything because it just boots to CWM

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by KINGevo4g View Post
    Will this fix the problem where the user has CWM 5.0.2.7 and cannot select anything in the menu? They downloaded it from Rom Manager an dI guess they selected the wrong item. Now its just stuck on CWM and it cannot boot into Emergency mode or anything because it just boots to CWM
    Possibly, but without knowing what exactly "they" did I can't say for sure. But I will say this: get that damn ROM Manager Mangler outta there!
    Thanked by:

Hey Drew... have you seen the TWRP recovery over on the Optimus Slider section?

ROM
    AOKP(Evo) & CM7(NT)

Possibly, but without knowing what exactly "they" did I can't say for sure. But I will say this: get that damn ROM Manager Mangler outta there!
    thanks. i was told that cwm was downloaded from rom manager. he asked if i could replace it(the rom) but it only boots to cwm so thats kind of hard to do.
    Last edited by KINGevo4g; 06-19-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Hey Drew... have you seen the TWRP recovery over on the Optimus Slider section?

Yep. And I have TWRP2 running on my Optimus S right now. But certain important features are broken (like backups and signature verification).

Also, to build TWRP2 (at least for the Optimus S) requires basically destroying your local CM7 repository. And it's a big PITA to get working properly.

Personally, not something worth maintaining except for personal use. I'll probably be bringing Cannibal Open Touch to the Slider though.
    Thanked by:

Hey Drew. New post from me. I really applaud the work you and your team is doing for the LG Optimus. I still have one of these old phone buggers and it works great with that Drew Walton's Touch Recovery. I think I have this CWMT Recovery version. I also have AOKP with Quattrimus / ICS and enjoying my phone. Can I make a user suggestion. I like that you're upgrading and doing Theme-ing on the Cannibal Touch, but I'm not a big zombie/blood fan. Is there anyway to get a kid-friendly version of the Touch recovery that's not so gore-y? I think using my own icons would be better. I don't see a significant change to upgrade to the Cannibal Touch 2 version from this version of CWMT and am sticking to this old recovery. I think a password protected recovery would have been more useful, but I'm just a lowly end-user.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Sorry to have to break this to you but I believe drew is not with android central anymore.

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
    johnh02 likes this.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567