[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

• Total voters

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well right now i am running quattrimus cm9 with the ics gapps that gannon had posted.

I am also running that just not the gapps. Let me find gannons cm9 gapps thread and I give it a try and see what happens. Unless you have the link handy.
I'm downliading both now give me a few min and I'll report back with my findings.
Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to ask again but how are you guys downloading this? Every time I click on the link, it brings me to a page with symbols.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to ask again but how are you guys downloading this? Every time I click on the link, it brings me to a page with symbols.

I'm using the first link in the OP. If your trying to down load from your phone it may be the stock browser giving you problems. I use opera mini and can download from the phone no problems.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
im using the installed gapps that came with the rom... no problems so far...

i did notice that the apps screen is still not fitted for the phone... fyi... im sure tdms aware of this...

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have re flashed quattrimus with gannons gapps zip. i did a complete wipe flashed both and everything is showing up from the zip. I have no clue why your having the issue.
Try and unmount then remount your sdcard maybe that may do something.

Last edited:

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have re flashed quattrimus with gannons gapps zip. i did a complete wipe flashed both and everything is showing up from the zip. I have no clue why your having the issue.
Try and unmount then remount your sdcard maybe that may do something.

Guess what? That actually fixed the problem!! Thanks a lot I will be using this as my default :)

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Guess what? That actually fixed the problem!! Thanks a lot I will be using this as my default :)

Your welcome. I noticed that when I use USB mount with quattrimus that I have to take my sdcard out the place it back in to read the files I transferred. So that's a bug in that rom. Still a great rom. Back on topic. Just hit the than button lol. Glad I could help

Reactions: arnold1997

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I used the "flashable recovery zip" method, worked perfectly! thanks for the very clear instructions.
Love the blue color...

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the "flashable recovery zip" method, worked perfectly! thanks for the very clear instructions.
Love the blue color...

Your welcome. I try to be very detailed oriented so that everyone from veteran users to noobs can follow the directions without problems. I know how frustrating it is to read down through steps and feel utterly lost.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a few tips:

1- It's safest to only flash a recovery while booted into the OS, and only flash an OS while booted into recovery. LeslieAnn explains it the best, the idea being that so long as one is working, you can always fix the other. This means the flashable recovery zip files are not really a good idea.

2-flashgui is a good tool, but it actually takes longer to use than just typing in the commands in terminal:
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY_HERE
reboot recovery

3-if you have troubles with your normal sdcard partition not showing files, and the unmount/mount trick doesn't help, try putting the file on the sd-ext partition, mount it, and you should be able to see it no matter what (providing the recovery supports your ext type)

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip jerryscript. I'm not as adverse as a lot of people on the workings of android but I am learning. I also think its easier to just use terminal. But a lot of people are set in their ways or want to take the easy way out. Not to put anyone down. To each their own. I just want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to try out drews recovery and to help out in general.

Reactions: JerryScript

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Add another one to the list of confirmed functionality on the Hitachi screen.

Anyone else had any not-so-thorough wipes? I went from the Alien IHO variant posted on this forum to a BACKside IHO 7.2 backup I had made with Xionia recovery and was getting some FCs and general sluggish behavior. Had to go back into recovery and re-wipe everything then it worked fine. Might just be a random thing, though.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else had any not-so-thorough wipes? I went from the Alien IHO variant posted on this forum to a BACKside IHO 7.2 backup I had made with Xionia recovery and was getting some FCs and general sluggish behavior. Had to go back into recovery and re-wipe everything then it worked fine. Might just be a random thing, though.

When I do my wipes, I usually do a complete wipe. Meaning i dont only use the wipe system data cache option. I also go into mounts and storage and wipe from there also. Maybe give that a try to see if it helps.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
When I do my wipes, I usually do a complete wipe..

As do I. I habitually wipe everything except sdcard. I'm not nearly as flash-happy as some on here so my experience with this recovery is more limited, but it only seems to have happened once so far. Probably just a random glitch.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Plus one for the new screens, also this is why I run all the wipes twice. Also, I didn't know it was going to be the buttons on the bottom that you press, it's better than I thought. Thanks for this ^^.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

G19

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see wipe battery stats back. That option is how I fix my phone when it freezes at charging in the 80 percent range and fixEd the problem of when I first unplug my phone and a second later I lose 10 to 20 percent battery life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781