[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Crazy idea, but have you tried doing what it asks? ;)

I have tried doing make mrproper, but it doesn't help. Even if I start with a completely clean kernel tree, it will give me that message after it does the install header step. In other words, some previous step is polluting the tree and then the zImage target is failing as a result.

Oh, and what do you mean symlinked the defconfig? You should be doing "make thunderc-VM670_defconfig".

But that defconfig file isn't in the kernel repo. Do I have to run some command to generate it?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have tried doing make mrproper, but it doesn't help. Even if I start with a completely clean kernel tree, it will give me that message after it does the install header step. In other words, some previous step is polluting the tree and then the zImage target is failing as a result.

But that defconfig file isn't in the kernel repo. Do I have to run some command to generate it?

Sorry I forgot to push some changes. Sync and try again, let me know how it goes.

Reactions: KarateSnowMachine
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to push some changes. Sync and try again, let me know how it goes.

After the sync, I was able to build CM9 using your kernel and VM670 repos. Flashed it to the phone and appears to be working great. Thanks for the update!

Just one last question -- this build from source didn't seem to have the gapps in it. Is there some particular version/zip you would recommend?

Thanks again for your hard work, tdm.