[MOD]Amphetamines! Inject your Optimus today!

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Amphetamines!
Hardcore scripts for your Optimus V​

Think your Optimus needs a quick fix?
Maybe hes just a little slow and needs a pick me up.
Maybe she has a lot to do as a phone, maybe she needs a boost!
Faster, Harder, Stronger.... Get your fix today!

[Tested on ICS, IHO, CW7, GingerBread, Froyo, Custom and Stock ROMs]

Amphetamines Downloads
Amphetamines-01
Amphetamines-02*NEW*

Click here for more info

In this injections contains..
zipalign binary file
01acid_sysctl
77zipaligndata - Less RAM use.
gumbo - Kernel Tweeks for Auto Memory
s78enable_touchscreen_1 - Reaction times for Touch Screen increased, yet stable.

These scripts speed up boot, opening Apps, touch screen reaction times, and a few simple kernel mods...

Code:
echo "3584,4096,6144,38400,38912,48640" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree;
echo "2000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs;
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio;
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs;
if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

How to install
  1. Back up first!!
  2. Boot into recovery menu
  3. Install ZIP from SD
  4. Chose Amphetamines-01.zip
  5. Reboot into phone
  6. Enjoy Amphetamines!
No wiping of any type required.

These scripts HAVE been tested on ICS and MIUI 4 thanks to cammykool

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT TO YOUR PHONE.
That said this has been tested to work on Other phones too, but is made for the Optimus V it might work with other phones, but don't get your hopes up. I made this for the OPTIMUS V!

Last edited:

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure all ROMs have the same files that you mentioned above so it can be flashed on all ROMs?

these are basic scripts, the script will find the correct files, and where they are before it installs itself.
So if it doesn't find the file it needs it wont install.

Thank you for this good point, let me test this on Froyo and some other roms.
This has been tested to work on IHO and other CW7 ROMS, I do think It will work fine with Froyo...
But I don't know if it will do well with ICS... or your 4.0 ROMs, Would you like to test it to see if it works on your ROMs? If not I can try on a few. Then update this thread.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD]Amphetamines! Inject your Optimus today![Tested on IHO o

I was having a problem with Force Closes on start up with IHO, after installing this, No FCs.
So if you had that problem its fixed.

I can not yet figure out what installed and what doesn't but I am almost positive it installs all scripts, because these scripts only require busybox... and busybox almost every rooted user should have because ROOT requires busybox.

These scripts speed up boot, opening Apps, touch screen reaction times, and a few simple kernel mods...

Code:
echo "3584,4096,6144,38400,38912,48640" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree;
echo "2000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs;
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio;
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs;
if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I figured as much, it's good known they will work well with IHO.

I have finished testing them with Froyo Stock, OverDrive, StockOV, and other Froyo ROMs works great!!
I have yet to test it on any ICS or CW9...

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Some of this is already built into IHO, I believe in the system.prop file. I'll look into it later, thanks for posting! ;)

That's something I was wondering. I really need to start getting into development so I really know what all is built in to the ROM already.

But I had flashed the TweakzV5 from my previous link and noticed a major improvement in performance. And I think these tweaks are similar to the ones I had already flashed, which makes sense why I didn't see them show up in the int.d folder (which is where they would go right?).

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

That's something I was wondering. I really need to start getting into development so I really know what all is built in to the ROM already.

But I had flashed the TweakzV5 from my previous link and noticed a major improvement in performance. And I think these tweaks are similar to the ones I had already flashed, which makes sense why I didn't see them show up in the int.d folder (which is where they would go right?).

Yes there is a good possibility that my scripts are the same or similar,
My scripts are not intended to break or conflict with ANY other scripts you may have or yet to have.
I didn't want to break anyone else hard work, I might add that if you already have scripts like these installed, mine will not conflict with them.

If anyone has noticed much differences please let us know,
I noticed the force closes stopped, reaction times to my touch screen, and maybe application open a bit faster then normal.

As JerryScript said some of these scripts are already in IHO, not all of them, but some of them are, but If you are on a Stock ROM or a Froyo ROM these scripts are not installed yet, unless you have other scripts installed like these.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, GingerBread is coming along nicely, Almost up to specs for a Release Candidate, Just got to move it away from 2.3.7 as much as possible, trying to make it stock lol, what a mess. Might be releasing it as a Custom ROM instead of a Stock ROM. :-\ It will be an Awesome GingerBread never the less.

Reactions: Badboytoast

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
as they said nothing a reflash wont fix ill flash it on ICS

flashed ICS is booting as it should ut just booted cant tell if anythings faster but tesyted and works on ics

did some more poking around EVERYTHING is faster ics WORKS baby

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbaron2005

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
as they said nothing a reflash wont fix ill flash it on ICS

flashed ICS is booting as it should ut just booted cant tell if anythings faster but tesyted and works on ics

did some more poking around EVERYTHING is faster ics WORKS baby

They mean, if you flash your Back up... it fixes it...

Great news!! :D Thank you!

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So hardware differences (old/new screen) don't matter with this? I sure would like to have snappier app response.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12