[ROM][4/14/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally figured out the trick to taking screenshots with this ROM. For anyone who wants to know, go to Settings > Personal > Toggle settings > Change Toggle style to compact. Then when you long press the Power button you will have the screenshot option just like in other Cyanogenmods. I found this out thanks to the guys (more specifically xxfamasxx) over at XDA's Galaxy Ace thread.

More than likely I'm probably the only one who hasn't figured it out. I figured I would share it though for others who possibly haven't. :p

I found this out on my own, I didn't know that you guys didn't figure this out yet....
True, but if you look, sone people are taking screenshots without changing to compact.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have read more because I couldn't get past boot either. Even with updating from the older build.

Edit: could it have been because I didn't boot into the old build before flashing the new one?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I just updated miui and it booted for me find, this is what I did first restored my miui backup, because I was using the "idroid" rom then I rebooted the phone and played with my backup for like 5 minutes the I rebooted in to recovery and wiped cache and delivc cache and flashed the newest build! Rebooted find with no problems!!
Hopes this helps ya!

@gannon I notice some system apps are missing, also I see what you replaced them with, also I like the mini camera v17! But Ian getting an error when turning wifi on! Ian going to flash bobz or tvalls kernel to see if that fixes the problem! Thanks and like always nice job!!

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh, one last thing. I'm moving the downloaded themes to the themes folder in MIUI but they aren't appearing in the Theme app. Help?

If it is a full theme, it will appear in the theme app. If it's just icons or lockscreen, you will have to go to customize and choose which one it is.

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Gannon,

The first version of this ROM I installed was MIUI-OV-04042012 which has been running quite well. I have no problems with wifi at all. I upgraded to 041420122 after wiping and installing 03232012 as suggested on the OP and had no wifi what so ever. I tried wiping and reinstalling 03232012 and checked wifi which is fully functional. Wifi is then lost once again when upgrading to the 041420122 update. I did a full overboard wipe for every install except when upgrading to 041420122 which was just wiping cache and dalvik cache. The V model I have is the newer version which I bought last fall.

The reason I tried the newer version was because GooManager said there was an update, but wouldn't do the update - just kept coming back to the screen to download the update after saying it did the download. I checked the sd card and the zip was there, but only 7k in size and not valid. I have since gone back to my backup of 04042012 and have froze GooManager in link2sd so it won't keep telling me to update. Will that effect the ROM's operation having GooManager frozen?

Hope this info is useful,
Germitty

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Gannon,

The first version of this ROM I installed was MIUI-OV-04042012 which has been running quite well. I have no problems with wifi at all. I upgraded to 041420122 after wiping and installing 03232012 as suggested on the OP and had no wifi what so ever. I tried wiping and reinstalling 03232012 and checked wifi which is fully functional. Wifi is then lost once again when upgrading to the 041420122 update. I did a full overboard wipe for every install except when upgrading to 041420122 which was just wiping cache and dalvik cache. The V model I have is the newer version which I bought last fall.

The reason I tried the newer version was because GooManager said there was an update, but wouldn't do the update - just kept coming back to the screen to download the update after saying it did the download. I checked the sd card and the zip was there, but only 7k in size and not valid. I have since gone back to my backup of 04042012 and have froze GooManager in link2sd so it won't keep telling me to update. Will that effect the ROM's operation having GooManager frozen?

Hope this info is useful,
Germitty

the wifi issue has been discussed. the most often suggested solution is flashing my kernel. the second most suggested is flashing bobzhome's kernel

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In case anybody is interested, I found out that 640x480 is the default size for the homescreen wallpapers, and it seems to be fitting well on my screen unlike all other sizes.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My problem always seems to be the lockscreen wallpaper no matter what size it is it always looks grainy, but I can set the same paper with milocker and it's perfectly clear

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My problem always seems to be the lockscreen wallpaper no matter what size it is it always looks grainy, but I can set the same paper with milocker and it's perfectly clear

My lockscreen wallpapers are 320x480 and it seems to work good. Like perfect.

Reactions: reaper420

kalena

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed tis rom for my bro and I used to heave for my wife before she went to triumph... but I know most of the issues flashed the old rom then updated.... the new prob I got is web browser loads but you can't touch anything to go any were secound I was able to download dolphin browser the first day and now play store will not download anything.... can anyone help

Edit: I flashed the new kernel and wifi works so the play store let me download an app but when I tern it back to 3g it flashes but still wont download on 3g

Last edited:

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I flashed tis rom for my bro and I used to heave for my wife before she went to triumph... but I know most of the issues flashed the old rom then updated.... the new prob I got is web browser loads but you can't touch anything to go any were secound I was able to download dolphin browser the first day and now play store will not download anything.... can anyone help

I believe I had the same problem when I first installed the 0404 version. If you have Titanium backup now, do a backup in recovery. Then restore to a previous ROM so you can get an app called Market Unlocker which worked for me. Install it in the previous ROM, back up with Titanium and restore it when you get back to this ROM.

Hope this helps,
Germitty

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried looking for market unlocker could not find in play store.. I think it has some to do with 3g...

OK, I did a search in market and couldn't find the app. Next I looked on my sd card in the titanium backup directory and found the three files you need. I made 3 links on my webpage. Go to AggiePhotoArt.com and select the links page. You will see the three files you need. Put them on your sd card in the /mnt/sdcard/titaniumbackup directory and you should be able to "restore" market unlocker from titanium backup.

Let me know if this works or not as I haven't tried doing it this way,
Germitty

Status
Not open for further replies.