[ROM][4/14/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][2.3.7]MIUIgb!

Me and a few other devs for a few other devices are starting up a team called APP. (Android Porting Projects)
We're underway in making a twitter, new site, etc.
Just updating you guys on the new info :)

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try it in a couple hours when i get home from work. just looking at some of the screenshots and checking out the AOKP site, it seems like the possibilities are endless. i never thought a weather service would be built into a ROM. also, it looks like it has a battery/data saver built in as well, not to mention tons of options for framework customization.

gannon, assuming this could be a daily driver soon, you should definitely post a new topic as i could see many people flocking to this port in a hurry.

The camera still has issues, and the Live Wallpapers don't work yet. Other than that, there was extra stuff added that cluttered up the rom and the keyboard layout was messed up so I replaced it with the keyboard on CNA after freeing up some space removing the unwanted ringtones and that weird random video folder in the media folder.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Me and a few other devs for a few other devices are starting up a team called APP. (Android Porting Projects)
We're underway in making a twitter, new site, etc.
Just updating you guys on the new info :)

Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the update! :)

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Leslieann

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade808 Apparently MMS works on THIS ROM, Im still getting messages from 9999999999 though.

That is how MMS works when it is not working right.

##HOW DO YOU FIX THIS ;) ;)###

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure that because this is a framework port I need to edit the CDMASMSDispatcher to get the proper apn values (I think it's apn?). Lol that shouldn't be too hard.
There is more than just apns settings.

On the Evo with CM7 and CM9, we have to replace cdmasmsdispater, change the apns-conf.xml and change the carrier setting in the build-prop. However, this method didn't work on Miui or Sense, since the apns setting is located elsewhere. It does on some AOKP roms though.

I tried using APNS Backup on Sense and it didn't work, but I don't think I tried it on MIUI. If I remember right, the cdmasmsdispatcher would crash the phone before I could even get that far. This was on the Evo with an MIUI built specifically for it, so you may have better luck. I got closer on Sense by using the cdmasmsdispather from the Wildfire, the phone didn't crash and I got the settings all changed, however MMS still didn't work.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

installed zip via clockwork and when i booted the phone its just XIAOMI.COM on the screen.

Clockwork recovery or the clockwork app...? If it was the app then you need to boot into recovery and flash from there, and never use the app again.

If you flashed via recovery, did you wipe everything (factory reset and dalvik cache wipe)?

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

prtssguy

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site

Get the right recovery installed, and your phone working right before you even consider the update.

anything wrong with "clockwork mod recovery v3.0.0.6" ? its worked fine so far.

also, is there a swype functionality on this rom? i cant find it anywhere. its working fine so far, aside from the random chinese characters :p

oh and what do i do about the google app store?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Clockwork ____ means nothing since all are based on it.

Xionia, IHO or Bobzhome, I don't trust anything else.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

anything wrong with "clockwork mod recovery v3.0.0.6" ? its worked fine so far.

also, is there a swype functionality on this rom? i cant find it anywhere. its working fine so far, aside from the random chinese characters :p
Swype is not included on any of the ROMs I have looked at. I ended up getting Swype Beta, and it has worked very well for me. I have tried a few other kbds, keep going back to Swype. Doesn't fc, has excellent voice recognition via Dragon Dictate. Has a few minor issues, but I know how to work with them.

oh and what do i do about the google app store?
You mean Google Play? Check around and you will find some people have the apk for downloading. I found it updated itself just fine using my current ROM (Quattrimus Alpha 7).

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, here you go guys, it's Friday! Good timing too, because I've run into some deep trouble lately with this ROM. Be on the lookout for a new build :) I'm testing right now and will upload in ~5 minutes :)
Then AOKP, and possibly try MIUIv4

Reactions: dwcasey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692