Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Been done for a while.
    Sad, I liked the Touch Recovery because my camera button is wonky, it works just wonky.
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

oh uhh Do'h

lol Didn't bother checking which Recov I had(ended up being multirom one most likely) but now I have a bricked phone haha tried booting into emergency didnt' work :/
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLG View Post
    lol Didn't bother checking which Recov I had(ended up being multirom one most likely) but now I have a bricked phone haha tried booting into emergency didnt' work :/
    Yeah, I only made it big bold text, highlighted in yellow just to make it look pretty.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    theexile1 and lilrob1213 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Yeah, I only made it big bold text, highlighted in yellow just to make it look pretty.
    Do NOT FLASH WITH TOUCH RECOVERY!
    We have reports of the touch recovery bricking when you flash this. Xionia, IHO and Bobzhome IHO appear to work fine.
    Didn't see any mention of the multirom recovery >.> Now it can be added.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Thanks - another Success here. Flashed with CWM. I have not noticed any difference but I also have not yet left the house.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLG View Post
    Didn't see any mention of the multirom recovery >.> Now it can be added.

What part of EXPERIMENTAL did you not understand about MultiRom?
    Not to mention that recovery is TOUCHSCREEN.

What part of all of that did you not understand?

Sorry, but if I'm going to flash something risky that has already bricked a few phones, I certainly wouldn't be trying to flash it with an experimental recovery that matches the description of something you were told would brick your phone.

Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Link removed
    Apparently people cannot read or think, so it's just safer this way.*

*At least until we get a method of fixing it, then you people can brick all you want and I won't have to feel bad about it.

Dave Begue and Badboytoast like this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

So... To those who flashed and bricked... How bricked are you? Can you access recovery? And does your computer see the phone if it's plugged in?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Default Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - REMOVED

whoa whoa whoa is there a ~secret~ link for the people who CAN read/think? ;D

ROM
    quattrimus CM9

The ones that are bricked can`t access recovery,does not show up on computer ov does not go past LG boot screen stays there for a while than starts to overheat

Wow. So glad I waited on flashing this. I'd have a bricked phone right now because there wasn't any mention about Touch recovery at the time.

Let's take out easy on those who bricked their phones, folks and just try to help them.

Teh_Gaberz likes this.

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

Yeah that Touch Recovery is what was causing issues on my phone when I was trying to restore it to stock using the entire zip. Think I'll go on back to old faithful IHO Recovery.

Leslie, Thought it was just me but I saw a difference in signal and call quality in my area running the stock rom with the new radio. My area has bad signal and seemed to help. 3g seemed a bit quicker but really fluctuates around here so hard to say for sure. I hope you decide to repost this radio zip later or I can get a link cause I'd like to put it on my new phone (if it isn't already updated, which I hope not so I can root) when I get it and my wife's current OV

Quote Originally Posted by kwknott View Post
    Yeah that Touch Recovery is what was causing issues on my phone when I was trying to restore it to stock using the entire zip. Think I'll go on back to old faithful IHO Recovery.

Leslie, Thought it was just me but I saw a difference in signal and call quality in my area running the stock rom with the new radio. My area has bad signal and seemed to help. 3g seemed a bit quicker but really fluctuates around here so hard to say for sure. I hope you decide to repost this radio zip later or I can get a link cause I'd like to put it on my new phone (if it isn't already updated, which I hope not so I can root) when I get it and my wife's current OV
    So you were able to unbrick yours? great news!

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
    So you were able to unbrick yours? great news!

No it didn't brick mine. I was trying to flash the whole update and it replaced the Rom, not the recovery and was saying it flashed radio but didn't. I was trying to completely return to stock for warranty and tried a few times before trying it with different recovery.

Maybe it was just the radio zip alone that is bricking and not the whole zip.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Wow.... I wake up and the whole OV world is falling down around us, phones are dropping right and left.

I knew there was no reason for me to flash that stupid touch recovery... my buttons suit me just fine. I'm s glad I waited to flash this radio until other people did.

I had no problem flashing the new radio using cwm. I have a hard time getting a signal at work so hopefully this will make a difference.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

So since the phone can't boot into recovery and is not recognized by the computer, is there any hope at all to fix it?

I was the first one to report this radio update bricks your phone if you're using the Touch recovery, before there was a warning about it on the first post. So, I've been trying to communicate with the phone in anyway or shape, the phone is refusing to communicate with my computer through the USB, refuses to go into recovery, refuses to charge the battery, and theres really no other option for me but to buy a new phone.

Moral of the story? Don't do anything to the phone that has not been confirmed to work in all scenarios. Also don't "update" your phone unless there's a problem or if the update is confirmed to work. Personally, I learned to not touch my phone anymore if its working fine

Time to get the Slider!

folks, i wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. hopefully Leslie or Jerry will be able to jump in and help. unfortunately, i don't have any experience unbricking phones as i've never been in your position (though i was very close to flashing this with the touch recovery last night and i would be in your boat as well).

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

I need this radio update, lucky I got a copy, ,but I need to make sure I do this right, first of all can some one confirm that they flashed successfully USING cwm 4.0.1.5 and newest backside??

ROM
    quattrimus CM9

Question Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - REMOVED

Is there any way to boot from the micro SD bypassing the phones internal memory

No, seriously, I read all the thread's posts and willing to take the risk and update my radio (I run a regular CWM recovery)... When I flashed the hybrid PRL it did magic to my phone (probably my area - Detroit, Suburbs) so counting on this radio update to increase my signal as well...

So, to summarize - Leslie, there are many people who could kill for this radio update , Can we have a secret link?
    RyanJKremer likes this.

ROM
    cm9

Quote Originally Posted by evox2008 View Post
    No, seriously, I read all the thread's posts and willing to take the risk and update my radio (I run a regular CWM recovery)... When I flashed the hybrid PRL it did magic to my phone (probably my area - Detroit, Suburbs) so counting on this radio update to increase my signal as well...

So, to summarize - Leslie, there are many people who could kill for this radio update , Can we have a secret link?
    there's still mine that I posted. Use that quickly before i too pull it. But you have to find it.
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

I still have the zip so a I just flashed it to my mom's phone. It does help with the 3g in this area so the radio update was needed, it is just the touch recovery killed peoples phones, and I'm thinking that it flashed the radio onto the firmware and not the radio image.
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast