[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Question - I just tried to flash the the update file in the first post (I had to rename it to "update.zip" so the stock recovery could see it) and I'm getting an aborted install due to a signature verification failure. I re-downloaded it and for the same error.

Any idea what stupid mistake I might be making?

Much appreciated.

Don't do that (renaming that update). It's meant to be flashed as is with a compatible custom recovery. But there is reason to believe that it doesn't actually work (ie doesn't actually update the radio).

That's why the procedure is to run the original, full update.zip from virgin mobile - and run it twice: first time to make it flash the new stock recovery, second time to actually flash the radio image. Factory wipe before each run (in recovery of course), that should save you from having to pull the battery on first boot.

The update is available on the vmu website. There are links earlier in this thread - along with more detailed instructions.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Question - I just tried to flash the the update file in the first post (I had to rename it to "update.zip" so the stock recovery could see it) and I'm getting an aborted install due to a signature verification failure. I re-downloaded it and for the same error.

Any idea what stupid mistake I might be making?

Much appreciated.

You need to do the full update. The patch in the op has generally been decided it doesn't work. If you do the full update its now verifiable.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
what i find funny about the whole update is that many never even got a notice from virgin mobile in any form that an update was available. strange.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Trouble with mine on zv9 but it didn't make much if any difference the best thing to come from it is being able to fix our radio after unbricking with sprint firmware using emergency mode

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Syntax357

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

Leslie, is not the radio version displayed in the settings / about / baseband version? (the last part of the number?)
If so, mine's still at zv5 after running your update.
[edit] nevermind. I see where you mention it in your 1st post.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, is not the radio version displayed in the settings / about / baseband version? (the last part of the number?)
If so, mine's still at zv5 after running your update.
[edit] nevermind. I see where you mention it in your 1st post.

Look about 2 posts up from this :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

The update only zip doesn't work, unless something has changed since the last time I was on this thread...I don't know why it's still up there at all, really. Maybe you can flash it with the stock recovery, but I'm not fully up to date on the situation.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The update only zip doesn't work, unless something has changed since the last time I was on this thread...I don't know why it's still up there at all, really. Maybe you can flash it with the stock recovery, but I'm not fully up to date on the situation.

Nope.. Still the same. It doesn't appear to work. There was someone else who tried renaming it and flashing it with stock it didn't work tho.. The only confirmed way to get the zv9 radio is to flash the whole update from stock recovery

Reactions: cole2kb

draetheus

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Totally bricked my phone by flashing this with the new IHO CWM Green recovery. I didn't think that was touch or multiboot, but either way watch out. I know its my fault, not blaming anything on devs. Luckily new Opti V's are less than $100. :cool:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Totally bricked my phone by flashing this with the new IHO CWM Green recovery. I didn't think that was touch or multiboot, but either way watch out. I know its my fault, not blaming anything on devs. Luckily new Opti V's are less than $100. :cool:

Did you not read this?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Should be able to unbrick it still using emergency mode and optimus s firmware. Also The op for cwm green says not to use it to flash the radio.

Reactions: Syntax357

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I would use this as an excuse to get the new evo v or one v. ;)

Reactions: drm1992

monkeysez

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

Edit: On a side note, remove the SD Card and put the update on it from a different phone or computer if you can't even boot up at all.

I flashed with CWM Green Recovery and had issues, but was able to to fix them semi-easily.
- Download the update.zip file from the VM page.
- Load into root directory of SD Card
- Hold Home+Vol Down+Power to boot into Green Recovery
- Clear factory data
- wipe cache and dalvik
- run fix permissions
- Flash the update.zip.

I had to repeat the process twice before it would stick. Then, download your favorite IHO build and reflash that and you are back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol