Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree32Likes

ROM
    Always changing!

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    I can confirm the freezing with the 3.2 . I had to revert back to the 3.1. It runs great on my phone.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    What are you doing when this happens? I have had no issues, but i haven't "given it the beans", yet either. I'd like to try to replicate the issue.
    If I made your day a little better, feel free to tap that thanks button!

"That's what I said!"

ROM
    Xperion

Default re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

The stumble upon app, gallery, camera, PowerAmp, Galcon. I use these daily, and they typically cause lag. With 3.0 and 3.2 the lag would get longer, cumulatively until the phone would freeze, requiring a battery pull.
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .

I'm guessing not, but i'll ask anyways...does this kernel work on ICS roms ?

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by OhFckItsChris View Post
    I'm guessing not, but i'll ask anyways...does this kernel work on ICS roms ?

No this kernel is for Gingerbread ROMs

ROM
    Always changing!

Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    The stumble upon app, gallery, camera, PowerAmp, Galcon. I use these daily, and they typically cause lag. With 3.0 and 3.2 the lag would get longer, cumulatively until the phone would freeze, requiring a battery pull.
    Using 3.2 kernel. I can confirm the camera gives some trouble without much effort - I tried taking two pics in rapid succession causing a screen freeze followed by camera FC.

I hammered on the gallery pretty hard with no ill effects (which is weird since I ditched the gallery for Fishbowl months ago because I was fed-up with the stock gallery's non-responsiveness.)

As for the remaining apps: I have non of them and may not get around to installing them, We'll see what happens...

Other than the camera, this has been running pretty smooth for me! Keep it up!
    If I made your day a little better, feel free to tap that thanks button!

"That's what I said!"

Ya, looks like camera won't take the shot. Very strange... Is this the same as what's happening with mrg's kernel?

ROM
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJKremer View Post
    What are you doing when this happens? I have had no issues, but i haven't "given it the beans", yet either. I'd like to try to replicate the issue.
    Mine freezes then reboots when I use the browser or gps. Yesterday it rebooted while my phone was in usb mass storage mode.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I just reverted to the 04/24/2012 version of IHO Magpie from the 05/04/2012 version because the older version had much better battery life. I had no FC's on either version and the 05/04 seemed a little more responsive, but 04/24 is still better than other IHO roms that I had tried and battery life is excellent.

ROM
    cm9

Quote Originally Posted by bmwkeith View Post
    I just reverted to the 04/24/2012 version of IHO Magpie from the 05/04/2012 version because the older version had much better battery life. I had no FC's on either version and the 05/04 seemed a little more responsive, but 04/24 is still better than other IHO roms that I had tried and battery life is excellent.
    have you tried 5/5/12? 5/4 was quite broken
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59

Quote Originally Posted by tvall View Post
    have you tried 5/5/12? 5/4 was quite broken
    I will have to try it.

ROM
    cm9

here is v0.2.1 for those of you having issues if you want to revert to something known stable tvall_kernel_v0.2.1.zip

here is v0.3.1 which is the same as v0.3.2 except for the compiler used. if your having issues with v0.3.2 then test that to see if its the compiler. if not, i'll look at my zv9 patching. tvall_kernel_v0.3.1.zip

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    cm9

What would you guys think about a 3d app drawer in launcher2 (like the nexus)? Might be in the next update if I can make it work

ROM
    My Version Of CNA

Quote Originally Posted by tvall View Post
    What would you guys think about a 3d app drawer in launcher2 (like the nexus)? Might be in the next update if I can make it work
    Yesss!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #264  

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Sound kool!
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
    SAMLOKA

Im getting a bit of lag after a few days of use. It doesnt seem to stay snappy if you will. Its not a big deal, it works great. Its just a minor detail i noticed with your latest & greatest kernel .. I cant leave this ROM its perfect for my use. Thanks everyone involved, especially Tvall .
    ̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з==(̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ ̿̿
    Thanked by:
    tvall 

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    Im getting a bit of lag after a few days of use. It doesnt seem to stay snappy if you will. Its not a big deal, it works great. Its just a minor detail i noticed with your latest & greatest kernel .. I cant leave this ROM its perfect for my use. Thanks everyone involved, especially Tvall .
    My common practice to resolve lag issues is I make it common practice every 2 or 3 days to boot into recovery and do a cache partition and dalvik cache wipe. Clears out the garbage and brings back the "snap" in your device....
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 2:
    notown and Badboytoast like this.
    SAMLOKA

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    My common practice to resolve lag issues is I make it common practice every 2 or 3 days to boot into recovery and do a cache partition and dalvik cache wipe. Clears out the garbage and brings back the "snap" in your device....

Interesting, I wonder why this is happening. The lag is not hindering but it is noticeable. I'll do this from now on. I'm glad there's a 'fix', thanks for posting it!
    ̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з==(̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Quote Originally Posted by notown View Post
    Interesting, I wonder why this is happening. The lag is not hindering but it is noticeable. I'll do this from now on. I'm glad there's a 'fix', thanks for posting it!
    Not sure on this ROM/kernel/device package in particular but its a common issue with Android especially custom ROMs for dalvik to load up with tons of garbage real quick and it starts lagging down the launcher and eventually other apks in the device. I look at it as a general fix across the board for any Android device rooted, running custom ROMs. 5 minutes of your time every few days seems to do the trick.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 3:
    notown likes this.

ROM
    Xperion

As a public service announcement, tvall is no longer posting here. You will now find him at vmroms.com or XDA.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    Thanked by:
    tvall 
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Edit: This ROM is no longer supported.

Apparently this is not true.
    Thanked by 4:

ROM
    cm9

Now that I have my thread back, there have been a couple updates to my rom. And I released v0.3.3 of my kernel. Due to the fact that no one wants to pay the internet bill, I currently can't work on my stuff unless I go to a fast food place or a cafe or something (where I will likely be too busy eating as much food as possible to think about this stuff).

Everything can be found in http://vmroms.com/~vmstorage/magpie/
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #272  

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Default Re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

Good to know this thread is back from the grave
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011