[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Tvall, I've had other users report to me that they have been able to use link2sd with your kernel, no problem. I'm going to redo the tests with some changes in my configuration, see if I can verify that, or isolate the true culprit. I'll post my findings here.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

Tvall, I've had other users report to me that they have been able to use link2sd with your kernel, no problem. I'm going to redo the tests with some changes in my configuration, see if I can verify that, or isolate the true culprit. I'll post my findings here.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Is this tvalls newest kernel? Should I update from 0.2.1? Thanks.

Jerryscript backside iho running tvalls kernel 5/2/2012

if i posted it, and its newer, then yet it is my newest. it should be the same as the old one just updated with the changes from lg's latest update (should fix the reboots with the latest radio) so.. yes, update

Reactions: ganggreen30

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

magpie:
This is the way i think moving apps to ext should be done. There are no extra apps, no scripts, no flashing extra stuff, no breaking on rom updates. It is all built in to the ROM's framework.

Excellent. This description is exactly what bothered me most about the move2sd feature.

I'm sincerely hoping my phone plays nicely with this rom as it has disliked all the other popular custom roms in this forum. But even if I have to flash to another rom, I will still force your excellent kernel down it's throat.

Thank you for sharing your awesome work and hope that my phone will be stable on this one! *smacks phone*

Reactions: tvall

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

just pushed the may 4th update of my rom.
changes:
- the new kernel
- radio info shows in settings
- may the fourth be with you

get it from the iho wiki or the updater

edit: magpie is broken in this build. use the may 5th release or later (or earlier if you prefer)

Last edited:

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, tvall, I'm going to do the tests with the 3.1 kernel instead. Again, I'll keep you posted...

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

@tvall, awesome that you got the kernel to compile, I'm going to test the zv9 kernel on 2.2.2 and I'll see if that fixes all the problems that all the other kernels were having with the VM update.

Reactions: brotherswing

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

just pushed the may 4th update of my rom.
Changes:
- the new kernel
- radio info shows in settings
- may the fourth be with you

get it from the iho wiki or the updater

lets give it a go and see if it still reboots!!! <3

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I recieved an email from lg at 12:02 saying the source for zv9 is available. its now 1:06, and i have this: tvall_kernel_v0.3.1.zip
enjoy! :D

So far no reboots or lag with text or calls. Before, I had stopped the reboots with tvall's 2.0 however I had a really bad lag. Sometimes I would not receive SMS sent to me until I tried to make a call. Your 3.1 seems to fix all that! Thanks!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

So now that I've had your old build up on my phone for about 12+ hours with some stress tests, I can say hands down it is the fastest, smoothest and most stable rom and kernel I've had on the OV by far. No anomalies whatsoever minus something I did on my own, though I will still test. Goign to try the new build post haste.

As an aside, you and Jerry now make my favorite roms. I will try other roms within due time but man yours is spoiling me.

Keep it rocking.

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I was running your 04/24 build of IHO Magpie. The battery life was equal to Harmonia 1.8. I just installed your latest build and everything is working great. Thanks!

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Running 3.1 on backside latest. Seems fine. I don't think I have the z9 update:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Installed your latest kernel this morning (was using Bobzone before and was having a ton of reboots after sending text messages) with Jerry's rom and some with Leslieann's rom, Not blaming their awesome roms btw.
So far no reboots after text messages with your new kernel :) (currently on Leslieann's rom)

Gonna continue testing but thanks for the hard work, much appreciated!

(I haven;t found the Easter egg yet :( Still looking for it :) )

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Installed your latest kernel this morning (was using Bobzone before and was having a ton of reboots after sending text messages) with Jerry's rom and some with Leslieann's rom, Not blaming their awesome roms btw.
So far no reboots after text messages with your new kernel :) (currently on Leslieann's rom)

Gonna continue testing but thanks for the hard work, much appreciated!

(I haven;t found the Easter egg yet :( Still looking for it :) )

well i completely failed with the may 4th release. magpie is completely missing. todays build has it fixed. go grab that.

also finally decided to push my changes to github (to make sure this doesn't happen again). if you want a detailed description of what went wrong, see below. if you dont care, stop reading.

well.. when i added magpie, i used a script to rebase after each sync instead of pushing everything to github like i should. this worked well for the entire time i worked on this rom (except when i moved to the build server. had a few issues there). what broke may 4th build was simple. i added an easter egg, the script didnt like it. the script didnt obviously point out that it failed, and i built without the framework changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21